Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[Tutorial] Some Quality Changes & Improvements in Source Engine

Post New Thread Reply   

Pelipoika
Veteran Member
Old 02-17-2022 , 22:27   Re: [Tutorial] Some Quality Changes & Improvements in Source Engine
Reply With Quote #11

Ownage
Old 02-17-2022 , 22:50   Re: [Tutorial] Some Quality Changes & Improvements in Source Engine
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwards View Post
The 2 solutions you recommended by other people aren't aplicable. Push fix may help solve interpolation issues while on fast booster ramps, but that is a rare case to fix and isn't going to improve a whole lot. The 1 tick bullet displacement wont really matter if the tick_count method is still used without frametime data for when the player shot his weapon. You are you just going to move the player forwards and shift the problem that still exists. This patch also introduces horrible ghost knives that never hit the enemy player. These 2 will not solve the interpolation issues i explained in the post above. You should read it again.
There are other variables related to animations and hitboxes.

Quote:
The bug you are refering to is when player models arent installed correctly on the server. So clients are seen as giant red and black error boxes and touch triggers they normally wouldn't. This would also explain what you showed in that old video. When server owners switch servers and forget to install the assets, this could happen.
This still happens whether or not the models are installed correctly. It even happens when players are standing still, just from changing the model. I don't know why you keep trying to convince me that you didn't develop the fix for that server... I mean you didn't just have a developer role in their community because you were there, obviously you made plugins for them. They clearly state you making the fix with one of the owners in the screenshot.

Quote:
Two of these are the same guy. `Wunka` and `dark elmo` share the same dedicated box. So this is just 1 instance which isn't accurate as i just had access to the dedicated server and wrote plugins for free in my spare time and installed them on the servers. There was no purchase of this plugin nor did i distribute the plugin which required including source code. This was an actively development server i uploaded plugins to I was writing directly for testing.

I was never paid full time by any community though? It's amazing how you know more about me then I do. Almost like you are making things up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
These guys claim to have paid you a lot of money over the course of maybe 3-4 years to actively develop new plugins for multiple servers. I don't know how plugins made for 'testing' made it into an environment where they were advertised as official and still used today. You were also the one making the announcements in their discord. I mean why would they care about plugins you wrote for testing if they needed to edit them?

Last edited by brooks; 02-17-2022 at 22:51.
backwards
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-17-2022 , 23:57   Re: [Tutorial] Some Quality Changes & Improvements in Source Engine
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks View Post
There are other variables related to animations and hitboxes.
That dosen't even matter, you are trying to decide to restore player positions based on a field of view check using the enemy players current server positions. When players are moving at high velocity and you have a high latency, the players can move a really large distance across your screen and currently not be in your FOV while the tick_count position the player fired his weapon on is in the center of your screen and fails to be restored.

Quote:
This still happens whether or not the models are installed correctly. It even happens when players are standing still, just from changing the model.
I mean you can decompile the code yourself and look. In all versions it checks for player velocity and would change hitbox sizes to the default ones while players were in walking speeds or standing still. This logically would make your statment impossible unless the custom models weren't even installed.

Quote:
I don't know why you keep trying to convince me that you didn't develop the fix for that server... I mean you didn't just have a developer role in their community because you were there, obviously you made plugins for them. They clearly state you making the fix with one of the owners in the screenshot.
You never mentioned a server community name? You supplied a video in russian from two years ago and expect me to know what's going on? I'm going to assume you are refering to karma though from the users in your `proof of not distributing source code`. I never denied doing a lot of paid requests from them however doing commissions is not equal to a `full time developer`. They didn't pay me for a hit reg fix at any point, I wrote it in my free time just like the majority of the plugins I made for that community. I can't help when they mitigate server providers and don't reinstall the plugins correctly and leads to the missing model issues.

Quote:
I don't know how plugins made for 'testing' made it into an environment where they were advertised as official and still used today. You were also the one making the announcements in their discord. I mean why would they care about plugins you wrote for testing if they needed to edit them?
When you are really good and know what you are doing, test plugins are developed a lot better then a lot of the public plugins even. There were no concerns for issues under active development, they pretty much just let me write whatever i wanted and put it on the servers as it was almost always something people enjoyed. If they needed plugins edited, they would contact me to modify them as they wouldn't know how to do it themselves in most cases.

I'm not sure what your problem is but this isn't going anywhere.
brooks
Old 02-18-2022 , 01:34   Re: [Tutorial] Some Quality Changes & Improvements in Source Engine
Reply With Quote #14

This argument is just spamming the thread. If you come here to talk shit and say my plugin is trash when clearly many people think your plugin is shit, then maybe you should reconsider. Any further conversation should go to me on discord at brooks#6969. A moderator should probably clear these posts.
Xutax_Kamay
Old 02-18-2022 , 02:35   Re: [Tutorial] Some Quality Changes & Improvements in Source Engine
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Ever since the original version of the hit registry plugin i wrote it has fixed all the issues in your public release. It uses simpler logic to just always lag compensate all players, rather then trying to check if someone is visible within fov or far away based on being teleported. Which your plugin is trying to do but still will fail in situations and is just wasted cpu cycles.

You aren't even aware of the interoplation issues that mostly affect high velocity game play. When clients send user commands to the server they just include tick_count for the server to backtrack players to previous points in history. This information lacks frame data. If a server is running at 100 tickrate and the client has 300 fps then he will see 2 extra frames with interpolation of the enemys postion that never actually exist on a server side tick. Thus the server can't teleport the player to the correct frame out of the 3 and just uses the closest tick which leads to many missed shots.

This is what a server would see at 64 tick rate and a player flying at max velocity:

This is what a client would see with client side interpolation at 300 fps:

If you increase the tickrate on the server to 128 it would have double the accuracy but its still not good enough for players with higher fps then the servers tickrate:

The only real solution a dedicated server can use to solve this interpolation issue from the missing client attack frame is to account for all of the missing 2 frames out of 3 (from this examples 100 tick and 300fps):

Simply increasing the hitbox size with the players velocity dynamically will cover the missing gaps and help reduce the interpolation issue which is the only way possible without modifying client files.

Triggers wouldn't break as updating the hitbox between a OnStartLagCompensation and OnFinishLagCompensation would have no vphysics checks for triggers. Shotguns would work the same way as well.

All plugins I'm commissioned for and sale always include full source code if it's written in source pawn or not. It appears you just like to make things up?

This video appears to be someones plugin just trying to mimic my plugin with the same mindset you had. Just making extremely large hitboxs without accounting for velocity or distance from attacker to victim.

Not sure why you are spreading false information but you should worry about fixing your own plugins before calling out others while making assumptions. You are missing many things that can increase hit registry in csgo.
Ah yes I remember, I think we talked about that before years ago, I'm quite outdated on that and I would need to check myself to be sure but,
it isn't exactly why commands are sent per ticks and not by frame ? (let's ignore the fact that we can have fps lower than tickrate here)

I mean we do not get only tick_count but also cl_interp etc...

Isn't it what the purpose of lag compensation is doing, since it also compensates for interpolation as-well during backtrack (since these hitboxes technically don't exist server-side,
so lag compensation needs to do its own interpolation between two intervals) ? (https://github.com/ValveSoftware/sou...ation.cpp#L508)

My point is, I don't remember much the details about how Valve interpolation is done, but the only issue I can see with it is that during interpolation,
is that if Lerp is not a multiple of a tick interval, if you shoot under that tick, the shot will be firing at a player position that never existed like you said during that tick,
and I can see why it is a problem because you have no way to know how the frames were processed between the ticks inside the client,
you got only interpolation (Lerp ms) and tick_count information, but you have no information how the frames and interpolation were processed in the first place (so how it was interpolated in the client exactly),
so it is not really precise, I got that.

Though now, theoretically if Lerp a multiple of a tick interval (hence why I always set my Lerp to a tick interval).
it should fire at the server position that existed previously since interpolation should only interpolate and not extrapolate between the intervals,
it also even increases in precision if we remove the networked variables compression too.
But that implies if Valve did their interpolation correctly in the first place.

If it extrapolates instead of interpolating, or Valve code's interpolates weirdly, then yeah you have no way to get precise stuffs at all, and there's no way to fix it at all sadly.

This is why most of hacks are doing their own interpolation so they are not filled with Valve's broken stuff I suppose nowadays.

Personally I don't like much the idea of making hitboxes bigger even if it seems to fix it, it only makes the problem worse, it might work maybe when players are walking, but when surfing, the difference is so large between the intervals that the bigger hitboxes are not even enough (actually it makes things worse cause you can hit even more by aiming behind the player and does not hit even by aiming player correctly). At least as a player I didn't have a good experience playing with it years ago. Some people seem to like it though.
I think that, rather than making hitboxes larger, maybe it's possible modify the hitboxes to "interpolate"/expand between two hitboxes within two intervals (or exactly between lerp ms to the closest tick interval), and that seems a better idea to me than making them bigger.
But yes in practice that sounds hard to make.

As a side note, I really liked this post that details pretty much everything what I said: https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/c...rpolation.html

Last edited by Xutax_Kamay; 02-18-2022 at 03:36.
backwards
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-18-2022 , 12:29   Re: [Tutorial] Some Quality Changes & Improvements in Source Engine
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
This argument is just spamming the thread. If you come here to talk shit and say my plugin is trash when clearly many people think your plugin is shit, then maybe you should reconsider. Any further conversation should go to me on discord at brooks#6969.

It's not spam to respond with facts and logic that disprove everything you have said about me? You did say to feel free to correct you if you were wrong. You also now pretend to be a victim and say i'm the one `talking shit`when you literally tell everyone my plugin dosen't work and to uninstall it without any proof. You still have a link to that post in your discord description from a month ago so you must be really proud of it.

My plugin can't be viewed as negatively as you suggest. I don't even advertise it anywhere, over 20 people have found my steam profile link from just using "sm plugins list" in console and add me to buy it for $100. I don't think people would be going out of their way to do that if it didn't work.

Quote:
A moderator should probably clear these posts.
You have to use:
PHP Code:
!calladmin <reason
brooks
Old 02-19-2022 , 15:01   Re: [Tutorial] Some Quality Changes & Improvements in Source Engine
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
It's not spam to respond with facts and logic that disprove everything you have said about me? You did say to feel free to correct you if you were wrong. You also now pretend to be a victim and say i'm the one `talking shit`when you literally tell everyone my plugin dosen't work and to uninstall it without any proof. You still have a link to that post in your discord description from a month ago so you must be really proud of it.
You didn't correct anything, you just said your plugin is better without any proof. Then i showed you how your plugin really works with a video. No wonder people think its better if they can aim nowhere near the player and hit a shot. But even with these easy hitboxes shots directly on the player won't register 100% of the time because they don't fix interpolation at all. Your screenshot of the models shows what you think they will do, but in game they don't match up. I am also not the only person saying that this breaks the game and to remove these models =).

Quote:
someone else who actually knows what they are doing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IvBzc2oufM

Of course I would be proud of it, since I'm actually making an effort to provide a hit registration fix for Combat Surf communities, instead of just making a quick band-aid fix to sell to people for $100. If you want to contribute instead of just using it as a source of money then feel free to, but from what I can see you made a fix to force lag compensation on all players just so you can enlarge their hitboxes.

Last edited by brooks; 02-19-2022 at 15:24.
backwards
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-19-2022 , 16:12   Re: [Tutorial] Some Quality Changes & Improvements in Source Engine
Reply With Quote #18

k.
Trisha
Old 07-07-2022 , 09:57   Re: [Tutorial] Some Quality Changes & Improvements in Source Engine
Reply With Quote #19

Thank you for sharing!!