Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2][Solved] Disabling empty team server shutdown on Versus?

Post New Thread Reply   

Damizean
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-22-2009 , 09:46   [L4D2][Solved] Disabling empty team server shutdown on Versus?
Reply With Quote #1

Question:
Hi people!

I've noticed VALVe added a team empty check in versus game mode on L4D2 and kicks all the players when either one of the teams is empty.

If some player crashes and the infected team gets empty, the server shuts down and the game ends there, and that's not good. Also, with this enabled, I can't change the game mode on the fly without having to go through the lobby (something we used a lot on our L4D1 gameserver). So I'm looking for ways to disable that.

Does anyone have a clue if there's a way to stop this, or a cvar to prevent it? My first clue was it's an event that fires or an usermessage sent to the players, but I found nothing so far. I did try to search for a cvar too, but I ended up with the same result.

Perhaps someone knows how to prevent this from happening?

Thanks!

Solution:
Provided by AtomicStryker:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
This doesnt happen to me at all, quite on the contrary, after all human players have dropped Bots remain on the server (i wonder if the game goes on).

I believe its as simple as setting sb_all_bot_team 1
It works

Last edited by Damizean; 11-22-2009 at 10:13.
Send a message via AIM to Damizean Send a message via MSN to Damizean
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 11-22-2009 , 10:04   Re: [L4D2] Disabling empty team server shutdown on Versus?
Reply With Quote #2

This doesnt happen to me at all, quite on the contrary, after all human players have dropped Bots remain on the server (i wonder if the game goes on).

Damizean
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-22-2009 , 10:11   Re: [L4D2] Disabling empty team server shutdown on Versus?
Reply With Quote #3

I can't believe it was that easy. Thank you a lot!
mercurio77
Old 11-22-2009 , 14:48   Re: [L4D2][Solved] Disabling empty team server shutdown on Versus?
Reply With Quote #4

I changed the line and working well on L4D2 (Linux Server) at this time. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by psychonic; 04-24-2011 at 13:11. Reason: removed attachment
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 11-22-2009 , 16:32   Re: [L4D2][Solved] Disabling empty team server shutdown on Versus?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurio77 View Post
I changed the line and working well on L4D2 (Linux Server) at this time. Thanks for your help.
Please don't attach smx files without the source.
mustafata
Old 11-27-2009 , 05:32   Re: [L4D2] Disabling empty team server shutdown on Versus?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post

Well i don't find that a solution at all ... For the sb_all_bot_team command to work properly sv_cheats must me on ... which is a knife with 2 edges . For example i used this solution yesterday until i joined my own server and saw survivors and tanks flying around in the air, and survivors reviving themselves ... Once the morons realized that cheats are on they fucked up the server ...
So there must be a different solution
pvtschlag
Old 11-27-2009 , 07:06   Re: [L4D2][Solved] Disabling empty team server shutdown on Versus?
Reply With Quote #7

While I agree that sb_all_bot_team 1 isn't the best way to solve this, you do not need cheats enabled to use it. Just set it with sm_cvar sb_all_bot_team 1.
mustafata
Old 11-27-2009 , 09:05   Re: [L4D2][Solved] Disabling empty team server shutdown on Versus?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvtschlag View Post
While I agree that sb_all_bot_team 1 isn't the best way to solve this, you do not need cheats enabled to use it. Just set it with sm_cvar sb_all_bot_team 1.

Tnx man didn't knew that works
Bran
Old 11-29-2009 , 04:19   Re: [L4D2][Solved] Disabling empty team server shutdown on Versus?
Reply With Quote #9

Could someone code a simple plugin to set "sb_all_bot_team 1" when one player connects and revert back to "sb_all_bot_team 0" when server is empty?

Setiing "sb_all_bot_team 1" all the time makes the server stay in the same map, not going back to hibernation.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2009 , 05:57   Re: [L4D2][Solved] Disabling empty team server shutdown on Versus?
Reply With Quote #10

Infected Bots does all that.