Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

No MOTD in Panorama

Post New Thread Reply   

Fastmancz
Old 08-06-2018 , 03:09   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #221

I'd like to hear your opinion. I plan to do one big step, which can cause enough "problems". I want to disable completely !ws/!knife/!gloves/!st/!nametag etc. on my servers, everything else would stay (player models, custom hats, custom sprays). Why?

Today's community, in general, is set so that if you don't have one on the server !ws (or any of the things mentioned above), it automatically disconnects, I can see it when someone joins, the first thing to write in the chat is !ws. That's all wrong, and if we as a server-masters don't take steps to prevent these plugins from being used, then Valve will probably never return the MOTD, it is necessary to understand the idea, we want something after Valve, but Valve also wants something for us.

We need to understand that in this way we consistently violate the TOS (terms) of Valve. Thanks for your feedback and reading.

Main owner of the CMGPORTAL.CZ.
---------------------------------------
My plugins:
[CS:GO] Panorama - Timeleft
[CS:GO] JailBreak - Be quiet, please!
foxsay
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-06-2018 , 03:38   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMAC View Post
I was try to not engage in this disscusion but i see many ppl have different opinion. For motd honestly its a good thing for owners to get some $ to run community servers.... i dont see anything bad in it... if ppl dont like it they can go to servers where there is no ads... thats a choice... also bennefit from servers mostly engage owners to buy plugins, make new things, work on servers quality and stability so some part of that money go to pawn,php and other developers and all that make better quality servers with better uniqe plugins and better machines.... for example many communities buy i7 7700k beacuse they can pay 100+e montly beacuse they got money from ads. Im a long in cs:go even in all counter strike scene (personaly i play from 2002 when only lan was playable) before motd server owners take low cost machines even a vps for cs:go so lags was normal even lower tick than 64, now quality of servers are much much better. Other ppl who "hate" ads, they are just jealous to ppl who make $. Personaly ads dont have any connection to any other server or owner so he dont have any reason to hate motd.

For ppl who want to say "why u are a owner if u dont have 100 200 e montly to pay machine" i can say to them THAT IS NOT YOUR MATTER AND PROBLEM!!! U pay a game, u pay a skins, u pay a server host, u pay bunch of plugins and things, eventualy u pay again for fix plugins after updates. For what? To run cs:go screne for valve to get more and more players and sell more and more skins? Everyone have right to run cs go server and that is not concern of other jealous ppl..

That is my view of this theme...

(for ppl who think that i use motd for ads, yes i used, and i didnt earn even 20% of money that i pay for community and dedicated machines, so personaly i dont care about motd but i have my opinion about this theme). I only regret for motd beacuse dr api end map music from soundcloud....
Yeah u didn't earn even 20% because u are contributor of CS Warzone pirated cs:go client and steamed players don't want play with non steams because they are noobs mostly from third world countrys with zero skill and gamesense. I don't give a shit about game pirated releases really but i'm making point why u will never would earn more from ads that why u don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMAC View Post
Ads do not suppprt !ws. I calculate to u in this thread. There is no sense for that statements especial when u have very low cost on tokens.
Or i still missing a connection betwean motd and skins... Also i can confirm that skins doesent make large changes and if u want evidence u can contact me in private and i will proof to u that ws doesent mean for nothing for large stable community with many regular players.
How skin changers connect with ads? Skin changers for 70% sure attract more players in the server even for 5mins and that mean bigger cut from ads and some people add skin changers in server only to get bigger ads cut not all servers with ads of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmancz View Post
I'd like to hear your opinion. I plan to do one big step, which can cause enough "problems". I want to disable completely !ws/!knife/!gloves/!st/!nametag etc. on my servers, everything else would stay (player models, custom hats, custom sprays). Why?

Today's community, in general, is set so that if you don't have one on the server !ws (or any of the things mentioned above), it automatically disconnects, I can see it when someone joins, the first thing to write in the chat is !ws. That's all wrong, and if we as a server-masters don't take steps to prevent these plugins from being used, then Valve will probably never return the MOTD, it is necessary to understand the idea, we want something after Valve, but Valve also wants something for us.

We need to understand that in this way we consistently violate the TOS (terms) of Valve. Thanks for your feedback and reading.
Only problem is that 101 other servers will keep skinchangers that is problem. I'm also using skinchangers i have feeling whats point to remove them if other servers will keep using it. I would like to remove them if valve would take step in to solve this problem.

Last edited by foxsay; 08-06-2018 at 03:48.
ASKER_CZ
BANNED
Old 08-06-2018 , 05:00   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #223

You guys should also understand, that you won't just magically get all players from more popular communities after Valve bans !knife !skins etc. This is hilarious. People like you should not even have access to the internet. Your community did not attract anyone, so it's not !knife !skins problem. So stop crying and make something better, or just end it everything. Thanks
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 08-06-2018 , 05:03   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKER_CZ View Post
or just end it everything
You're really so mad about this, that you're telling people to kill themselves?

Last edited by ddhoward; 08-06-2018 at 05:10.
ASKER_CZ
BANNED
Old 08-06-2018 , 05:06   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
You're really so mad about this, that you're telling people to kill themselves?
I never told to anyone to kill himself. Are you having some kind of hallucinations ? I just told them that they should end their community and stop crying about more successful communities. Because this is hilarious
Rale
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-06-2018 , 05:08   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKER_CZ View Post
You guys should also understand, that you won't just magically get all players from more popular communities after Valve bans !knife !skins etc. This is hilarious. People like you should not even have access to the internet. Your community did not attract anyone, so it's not !knife !skins problem. So stop crying and make something better, or just end it everything. Thanks
Acutally! So many pathetic guys here, who is trying to blame skin changers for his inability to understand community and give players some unique things. Also players and server managers like skin changers, that is problem only for valve, and when they block that big part of community will die.

@ddhoward You need to understand him, with his community he earned about 15+$ a day, and he is still in high school.

Last edited by Rale; 08-06-2018 at 05:12.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 08-06-2018 , 05:15   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshizu View Post
So if I have programming or drawing as a hobby, I'm not allowed to have income from it?
What

That logic seems slippery
The difference is that the programmers or artists would be analogous to the developers at Valve. In this example, the persons running servers for profit would be people who take the artist's work without permission, and sell it as their own.

Last edited by ddhoward; 08-06-2018 at 05:16.
Ejziponken
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-06-2018 , 05:41   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #228

I do think skins attract players.

We had a knife arena server back in 2015, before Valve updated their guidelines and banned Skins. The SAME DAY we had to remove the skins to follow the new rules, we lost 50% of the players. A few days after that we closed down the server.

Now I dont think all the players got bored of the knife server in the same day. My conclusion was that they found other knife servers with skins and they choose to play on them over our server.
Rale
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-06-2018 , 05:53   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #229

Exactly, in my opinion one of first reasons why people play on community servers.
CSS days are gone, when players doesnt have MM and comm servers are all what they can get.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 08-06-2018 , 06:14   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyenbaodanh View Post
I myself don't think killing motd ads will stop !ws plugin bro because players want it they will very please to donate for it. the affect is very very very small... even likely never touched.
I guess we'll just have to see. If players were willing to donate for it, then I don't know why the only argument anybody here has for running ads is that players aren't able or willing to donate... But we'll see.

Last edited by ghostofmybrain; 08-06-2018 at 06:15.