Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Helms Deep Bug

Post New Thread Reply   

dustinandband
Old 01-17-2020 , 18:41   Helms Deep Bug
Reply With Quote #1

When Helms Deep Reborn (V, 26, latest update Dec 27, 2019) is installed, the steam server browser only displays the IP address of the server and not the actual server name. I've installed the Helms Deep Patch as well as the vscript file replacer, yet I'm still having this issue.
(Worth noting my workshop maps are located in "addons/workshop", while the Helms Deep Patch installed VPK addons in the main addons directory - though I don't think that affects anything.)

I don't see any cvars in here that could be responsible for that:
(left: cvars without helms deep installed | right: cvars changed when helms is installed)
https://www.diffchecker.com/fq2G99ie

Any way to debug this further?
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-17-2020 , 19:27   Re: Helms Deep Bug
Reply With Quote #2

I would recommend verifying you have the latest version of those two plugins and replacing the data/vscripts_override.cfg with the latest. I notice the cvars are being overwritten still. In the vscript_replacer cfg you can block changing all cvars:
PHP Code:
    // Block all attempts to set cvars.
    // The above critical cvars will still be blocked
    // You can remove // before the next line if you want to block all other cvar changes.
    // "Convars.SetValue"            "// Convars.SetValues
    // eg: 

"Convars.SetValue"            "// Convars.SetValue" 
Your before and after cvars comparison is great, I've updated the Vscripts Replacer config to prevent critical cvars being changed.

Anyway I agree there doesn't seem to be anything changing the hostname. Does this only happen with Helms Deep installed? Does it happen only when changing to that map?

Seriously why hasn't Valve banned serious_samurai and his malicious stolen map already. Absolutely disgusting.

Edit: Updated the patch with latest attempt to override files.

Last edited by Silvers; 01-18-2020 at 09:41.
dustinandband
Old 01-18-2020 , 00:52   Re: Helms Deep Bug
Reply With Quote #3

Redownloaded both those plugins and restarted the server a few times for the patch to take affect.

> I commented out that one line within "vscripts_override.cfg" so it replaces all occurrences of "Convars.SetValue" with "// Convars.SetValue".
> Also deleted the sm_helms_patch vpks so they could be regenerated.

Looks like helms deep is still breaking the server - as soon as I remove the map the server name shows up again in server browser. Did a cvar dump again and saw the cvars are still being set by the addon.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-18-2020 , 08:56   Re: Helms Deep Bug
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinandband View Post
"Convars.SetValue" with "// Convars.SetValue".

Did a cvar dump again and saw the cvars are still being set by the addon.
The // is commenting out the line allowing cvars changes. Remove the // to stop the map changing any cvar.

Thanks for the error report about it not replacing the config, that's now fixed. Also I've updated and fixed more things related to Helms Deep patches in the config, please download and replace the "data/vscripts_override.cfg" again.

Code:
1.3 (18-Jan-2020)
    - Changed command "sm_vs_exec" to use a logic_script instead, due to script_execute requiring sv_cheats.
    - Fixed not loading scripts where the filename is matched using regex. Thanks to "dustinandband" for reporting.
    - Fixed error when reporting duplicate keys in config.
    - Updated "data/vscript_replacer.cfg" to fix Helms Deep patches and added various critical cvars being changed.

Regarding the server hostname change, will continue to investigate. My guess it was "lservercfgfile" being changed, try with the latest VScript Replacer + config.

Last edited by Silvers; 01-18-2020 at 09:45.