Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)

Post New Thread Reply   

red!
Old 11-26-2007 , 10:51   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
Is there no way to make a SM center red bold message saying press F3 at least at the same time the valve menu is up?
Of course I could do an additional message if this would solve your problem. I hope this will not be suppressed by the TF2 team-dialog. This would be some kind of blind programming, though I do not own TF2. I will add such a dialog if you are going to test it for me
red!
Old 11-26-2007 , 18:16   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #122

update 1.3.1 contains the center message on redirection. note: this time, the hreservedslots.phrases.txt must be replaced too!
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-26-2007 , 18:17   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #123

I can definitely test.

I found a bug of sorts with your reserve slots too.

Say I have 1 reserve slot and a user "Bob" joins in the last slot, if say 3 other people disconnect after "Bob" has joined so the server could be 21/24 it still ends up kicking "Bob" who was in the 24'th slot, even though the reserve slot is open again because people left?
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 11-27-2007 , 02:04   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #124

That could probably be easily fixed if you do a final check before kicking the person to see if they should be kicked or not.
red!
Old 11-27-2007 , 11:12   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #125

I would not call this a bug. This is a feature that behaves different than you expected it to do. I'll keep this in mind as a change request.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-27-2007 , 16:14   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #126

Yeah it frustrates most of the users and I don't believe it happens using the Base reserve slot plugin. Would be nice if it checks before kicking whether the player numbers have decreased etc.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
wowwen
Old 11-27-2007 , 17:21   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #127

Stupid question by me but it seems like there is no permanent answer to this.

If i use the reserved slot as a visible one, and set the reserved slots to redirect mode, Will the person who connects get kicked due to slot reservation or will he get redirected?
red!
Old 11-27-2007 , 18:00   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #128

@wowwen: he gets offered to be redirected. if he does not accept, he will be kicked.

@Rothgar: thats right. as far as I know the base reservation plugin does not offer redirection, so this will not happen. And I do not know how a case that happens that rarely should really annoy so many people.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-28-2007 , 02:37   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #129

Red this issue has nothing to do with redirections?

Well I would think this would happen in your plugin on all settings.

Say the server is 23/24 and we have 1 reserve slot yeah?

Some user connects to the server and so it registers 24/24 say he is downloading a map and 3 people leave the server.

When he finishes downloading the map and chooses a team etc while the server is 21/24 they will get kicked.

I think this would apply to all settings not just reserve slots, anything that involves kicking users to keep the reserve slot open?
red!
Old 11-28-2007 , 03:58   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #130

No, you are completely wrong. The evalution is done after the player connected, downloaded maps etc. As a matter of fact I have to wait with this decission until the players admin/noadmin-status is evaluated.

The only situation when this may happen is in the delay between offering the redirection and the moment where the player is kicked for not following the redirection.

With drop-method=kick, the status is evaluted and 0.1s later the player is gone. The probability of players leaving in this 0.1s is ... emmmm ... not that high, right?