Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)

Post New Thread Reply   

Icettiflow
Old 11-19-2009 , 12:14   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #501

How does this work on L4D ? Aren't you always using slots which would prevent your server from being full of public players?
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 11-19-2009 , 14:03   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icettiflow View Post
How does this work on L4D ? Aren't you always using slots which would prevent your server from being full of public players?
It is not designed for LEft 4 Dead, as it takes slots for Bots as wel.. Which is pathetic. It should only take slots for humans. EVen then, when I join, it doesn't kick anyone, so its a lie. Just another useless reserveslot.smx for l4d, works great on all other source engines, but not for l4d.
Send a message via AIM to Marcus101RR Send a message via Skype™ to Marcus101RR
red!
Old 11-19-2009 , 16:21   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #503

Maybe, I never tested it with L4D, but of course the whole concept is not really fitting into games with fixed amount of slots. But thats mostly an issue of the game engine. They don't provide any support for reserved slots at all, so that's all we could offer - at least for games like CS or TF2 ...
KeLcO
Old 12-04-2009 , 03:59   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #504

Muss ich dafür die reservedslot.smx von sourcebans deaktvieren?
Wie kann ich die z.Bsp 2 reserveslots verstecken?

red!
Old 12-04-2009 , 18:05   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #505

1. Forum language is english.
2. get a bit familiar with sourcemod and then read the short manual from the first post.
Astridax
Old 12-13-2009 , 04:59   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #506

Hi, sorry to bother...

I'm having a problem, my server won't recognise admins. They keep using the public slot, is there any other way than a tag at the beginning of the name to recognise an admin, cause anyone could add that tag to their name and be immune to kicking
red!
Old 12-13-2009 , 16:14   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #507

First of all, what do you want the plugin to do and what is your config? Sounds like you want to use authentication by clan tag? Yes you could do that, but you will need some other plugin to protect your clan tag to make this a usefull setup.
Astridax
Old 12-13-2009 , 19:22   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #508

Hi, my config file is pasted below... I have a 9 slot server... soon to be 32.

I have made 4 of these slots hidden.
Max slots is 10, so 6 are left over, but this isn't the important part.

I noticed none of my admins including my self are taking reserved slots, we are occupying public ones. I have no clan tag (i assume that is a sequence of alphanumerical characters before a players name e.g [adm] for admin). Whats considered tag and whats considered name?

I would therefore need protection, yet I don't see how that can work, cause can't you change your name in steam to whatever you like, how does tag protection work.

The point being is, is there any other checks that can be carried out, e.g checking if they have reserved slot flag in sourcemod, or checking steam id.

// ConVars for plugin "hreserved_slots.smx"

// protect admins from beeing dropped from server by reserved slot access (0: no protection, 1: except spec mode, 2: full protection)
// -
// Default: "1"
sm_hreserved_admin_protection "2"

// kick bots/fake clients (e.g. SourceTV)? (0: kick, 1: do not kick)
// -
// Default: "0"
sm_hreserved_bot_protection "0"

// method for dropping players to free a reserved slot (0: no players are dropped from server, 1: kick, 2: offer to be redirected to the server specified in sm_hreserved_redirect_target)
// -
sm_hreserved_drop_method "1"

// select how players are chosen to be dropped from server when there are multiple targets with the same priority. (0: highest ping, 1: shortest connection time)
// -
// Default: "0"
sm_hreserved_drop_select "1"

// value to be subtracted from the immunity level of spectators. The value 0 will make spectators to be treated like players in the game
// -
sm_hreserved_immunity_decrement "1"

// alternate server a client is offered to be redirected to, if sm_hreserved_drop_method is set to value 2
// -
// Default: ""
sm_hreserved_redirect_target ""

// time to show the redirection offer dialog
// -
// Default: "12"
sm_hreserved_redirect_timer "12"

// number of reserved slots (do not specify or set to -1 to automatically use hidden slots as reserved)
// -
// Default: "-1"
sm_hreserved_slots_amount "-1"

// disable/enable reserved slots
// -
sm_hreserved_slots_enable "1"

// use sourcemod immunity level to find a player to be dropped (0: do not use immunity , 1: use immunity level)
// -
sm_hreserved_use_immunity "1"

sm_hreserved_auth_by_tag "1"
sm_hreserved_auth_tag "a"
PicnicBasket
Old 12-20-2009 , 21:03   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #509

I'm stuck at square 1, and I can't help but think it's something stupid. I'm trying to set this up on a home test server running on Ubuntu for TF2, and the config file never loads. It never gets generated, and there is nothing even remotely similar to the directory "<moddir>cfg/sourcemod/hreserved_slots.cfg" posted in the first post.

I must have skipped a manual somewhere, but which one was it?

Last edited by PicnicBasket; 12-20-2009 at 21:06.
Ginxeng
Old 01-25-2010 , 05:39   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #510

Is there a way I can join my server with reserve slot but that it doesn't kick someone. My server is 32 slots but I hide 2 for reserver but leaving 30 slots but I want to be able to join without kicking someone so the server becomes 31/30.