Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

L4D-CS [6K views, over 200 replies, join the community]

Post New Thread Reply   

DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2009 , 00:31   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirant View Post
It sounds good but it is impossible, especially for most players. You would need to rework a lot of things. Monster mod would be impossible and so would most bots probably. I suppose you could maybe get a bot working, but you'd need it very customized in order to function correctly. Also, it would be laggy. 100-150 zombies at ~1k polies (being nice) is 100k poly count. 1/4 of that would probably lag anyone (or most) who still play cs 1.6. Monster mod is impossible becuase updating the positions of over 10 people will lag everyone. There may only be one solution to these problems. creativity. I have a few ideas, but they are of course my ideas, not yours.

Btw, having content from other games (w/o permission) on your computer without owning them is illegal.

This kinda furthers my point a little. It is all in good taste, but it is just a lot of work. In order to make it completely and get it to work right, you will need completely custom content (maps, etc) and have like a specific way of making maps. I myself remade the apartments map in l4d partially and it looked pretty good, but trust me, your better off just starting fresh with your own ideas.
Totally agree with that. It's just best to play the game instead of taking the time to convert to a game that has no chance of succeeding over a 32 slot. Best to buy L4d.
BANNED
Old 05-27-2009 , 02:14   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
Totally agree with that. It's just best to play the game instead of taking the time to convert to a game that has no chance of succeeding over a 32 slot. Best to buy L4d.
Well you will never know, like the type of l4d cs way is quite possible till the bot section...

for models, there is a plugin custommodels, you enter a current model adress:
Code:
cstrike\models\player\*CT players* cstrike\models\player\l4d\survivor\survivor.mdl
*CT players* are the all ct type models, gign and GSG and like that, or if we would have a certain models like francis zoey etc... it would be great. so we would replace each model with them...

as for the zm models: replacing terror, leet krew - to tank, hunter, boomer or just simple zm - i saw a plugin where each respawn your model changes, i want to make each respawn a spetsnaz player - ordinary zm, but if your lucky you get to be respawned as tank,hunter,boomer,smoker...

a plugin that reads safe room entity...

Well its like sj(soccerjam), theres a goal, i could remake it so if its one of the ct entity, and when they pass trough that door, the get a motd popped up, like in gungame, who had the best zm kills, and who had the best dmg of zombies, like tank hit 91313 dmg so hes nr 1 zm then... also in next map the best ct player stays, and the best zm gets a 70% chance of being a ct..

so anyway until all the player are in the safe room the last one can be killed... but, no zm can enter the safe room - the doors have a ct only flag on, and when they enter they can enjoy the party room a bit...

well everything is possible and i think someday the bots might not be in scoreboard, and be logic + dont lagg the server ;]

mapping entities... i open the notepad and write it, it dont need to be shown as somphin nice image entitie, its just the safe room door entitie...

good mappers, well im not pro mapper so i would need other players to help me, and them to create maps... i would give them the map plans and they would do it...

im working on locales... so every counter-terrorist is a Survivor and like that, also added description for t players - tank and like that...
then i will be creating a new client look...
Send a message via Skype™ to lukiuz
Tirant
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2009 , 02:48   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #13

You don't understand how difficult what your trying to do is. You will have to have like 5 different bots (1 per each class + infected) and they will have to be made to know like when to puke, when to tongue, their personalities, do they rush or sit in the back. The only other possibility is make it 4v4 with bots in the middle or something and have it created so there are also bot cts just in case ur server is empty or have 1 player etc. Your server will most likely end up similar to my server in my sig, but different in ways ofc.

PM me if you're interested in buying the Credits addition for Base Builder
Battlefield Rebirth [66% done]
Call of Duty: MW2 [100% done]
Base Builder [100% done]
shine771
Old 05-27-2009 , 03:07   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
You don't understand how difficult what your trying to do is. You will have to have like 5 different bots (1 per each class + infected) and they will have to be made to know like when to puke, when to tongue, their personalities, do they rush or sit in the back. The only other possibility is make it 4v4 with bots in the middle or something and have it created so there are also bot cts just in case ur server is empty or have 1 player etc. Your server will most likely end up similar to my server in my sig, but different in ways ofc.
Doing all that will cause server to lag with 2 or 3 bots. Sure, you can remove them when survivors move on, and spawn them next to them, but that doesn't change the fact that it's impossible to create many Zombie NPC's that wont lag the server.
Tirant
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2009 , 03:11   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #15

It really depends on how many bots you run. You can run about 20 bots and still have good gameplay on a decent server. I personally only run ~8-13.

PM me if you're interested in buying the Credits addition for Base Builder
Battlefield Rebirth [66% done]
Call of Duty: MW2 [100% done]
Base Builder [100% done]
shine771
Old 05-27-2009 , 03:22   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #16

I mean NPC(Non player characters). Entities like tree's, soccerjam balls, weapons lying on ground and so on, not real player BOTS. Bots are limited 32 - Players on server, but npc zombies would be limited to ~400.
lukiuz
BANNED
Old 05-27-2009 , 08:06   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #17

lol i understand how difficult it is, and i KNOW THAT it laaaag alot, but im sure that if real pros try to code it at first they code the bots stuff and then try to remove some stuff that couses lag..
myself i had 30bots and 2 players on server, but no lag..
Send a message via Skype™ to lukiuz
shine771
Old 05-27-2009 , 09:03   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #18

You don't understand. I didn't MEAN BOTS. I meant NPC's. Like l4d, it has NPC's, not bots. It doesn't matter how pro is the scripter, it'll still lag alot.
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 05-27-2009 , 12:01   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #19

I can understand what shine771 says because when I see my snark plugin ( Weapon for WeaponMod ) It can get lag enough fastly. But because of all is done with Amxx. What I'm currently working on is creating a module working as a core and creating each monster as amxx plugin. This way it will be a lot more efficient and you can spawn more monsters, at least enough to do what you want without problem.
Old 05-27-2009 , 12:55   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #20

That would be awesome, i have almost a complete zombie mod with NPC's. The problem is that everyone has 100-200 ping.