Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows

Post New Thread Reply   

Pendaz
Old 07-15-2013 , 19:53   Re: [v0.9] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #91

Stuck in an infinite loop of trying to open all my servers over and over again, i'm having to hard reboot my dedi... not ammused

doesn't remember servers after reboot / crash

i'll stick to my own scripts thanks
captaindeterprimary
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-15-2013 , 20:30   Re: [v0.9] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendaz View Post
Stuck in an infinite loop of trying to open all my servers over and over again, i'm having to hard reboot my dedi... not ammused

doesn't remember servers after reboot / crash

i'll stick to my own scripts thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by br5dy View Post
seDirector Version 0.9 Beta

The time has come! (for a beta version, at least)
Last edited by ; Today at 08:20 AM. Reason: Get rid of s
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-16-2013 , 01:01   Re: [v0.9] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmoke View Post
Just starting using this tool, hopefully all goes well cause it will save me a lot of headaches.

One thing though, there doesnt seem to be an option to restart the servers at a specific time?
Not yet! But there will be soon.

Thanks for your interest in seDirector. Keep in mind it's still in beta, so there may be some bugs along the way. The next version is due to release within a few days.

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
Pendaz
Old 07-16-2013 , 06:07   Re: [v0.9] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #94

Avoiding infinite loops is common coding practice especially when dealing with potential system breaking events... These kind of bugs should be picked up during dev's debug stage, prior to the package ever reaching the beta testers....
captaindeterprimary
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-16-2013 , 09:16   Re: [v0.9] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendaz View Post
Avoiding infinite loops is common coding practice especially when dealing with potential system breaking events... These kind of bugs should be picked up during dev's debug stage, prior to the package ever reaching the beta testers....
I don't know much about coding but I will bet my bottom dollar that it does this because it's trying to ping/query the server and it unable to do so, thus it believes the server is down/locked up/crashed, closes scrds, then tries a restart. But hey I honestly don't know. What I do know is that my tf2 servers can take up to 45 seconds to reach the set map on start up. So maybe a settable timeout count down timer would work better. Again I don't know, just pitching ideas.
Last edited by ; Today at 08:20 AM. Reason: Get rid of s
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-16-2013 , 20:16   Re: [v0.9] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #96

Thanks for your contribution, Pendaz. If you'd like, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list at the same spot you signed up at.

There are several hundred users using seDirector without issues. The bugs found in seDirector have continuously been fixed. Considering there has never even been an official release - all releases as of today have been beta releases, I have confidence that issues like Pendaz experienced will subside as time goes on and problems are reported. The alternate option is to continue testing and never release anything until a full version - but obviously there's no point in doing that.

The next version contains a fix for some versions of Windows that were unable to save the servers and settings. This was actually due to an issue in the way .NET Framework processes file paths. This has been corrected.

The next version will also contain better handling on servers that won't start. 90% of the time if a server won't start, it's due to an out-of-date server or a problem with a plugin. Starting with the next version, seDirector will limit the failed start attempts to avoid a continuous loop. Later on, seDirector will email you to let you know there's a problem with the server.

Thanks for your patience and support everyone, this is still much an active project and is being developed often. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns.

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-24-2013 , 01:08   Re: [v0.9] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #97

I'm pleased to announce that the next version of seDirector will be 1.0 beta, followed by 1.0 (full version). In 1.0 beta, there have been about a dozen fixes - crash fixes, startup/looping fixes, GUI improvements, and automatic update support for ALL SteamPipe games that SourceMod supports (SteamTools extension is no longer required). The SourceMod plugin has been entirely rewritten and is much more effective in alerting players that the server is about to update.

There's an installer and a Windows service with 1.0 beta, too

I planned on releasing this tonight, but there are some final touches to finish up on. Tomorrow evening is the new goal, at the latest Thursday.

Thanks for reading!

Impact123
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2013 , 01:56   Re: [v0.9] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by br5dy View Post
There's an installer and a Windows service with 1.0 beta, too
Though i don't use this software, i hope this is optional?
I'm a big fan of portable software and don't like installers, i can't be the only one.

Yours sincerely
Impact

Last edited by Impact123; 07-24-2013 at 01:57.
theinventist
Old 07-24-2013 , 14:03   Re: [v0.9] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #99

I'm very interested in the hang detection portion of this program. My server console will just hang sometimes and remain open. I don't know if this is what you mean by crash fixes in you post above, but v0.9 doesn't restart it. If this makes any difference I also have windows error reporting and message boxes disabled.
away000
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2013 , 15:37   Re: [v0.9] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinventist View Post
I'm very interested in the hang detection portion of this program. My server console will just hang sometimes and remain open. I don't know if this is what you mean by crash fixes in you post above, but v0.9 doesn't restart it. If this makes any difference I also have windows error reporting and message boxes disabled.
Happens to me too, a better way to realy close the server process and them restart would be awsome.