Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Server Redirect 1.1 [Last update: Februari 7, 2009]

Post New Thread Reply   

imported_Anth0ny
Old 11-11-2010 , 02:54   Re: Server Redirect 1.1 [Last update: Februari 7, 2009]
Reply With Quote #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by naris View Post
You want a redirect plugin without any redirect functions?

What use would that be?
will try to explain...

1) i (and i afraid more other people) used FN keys for various ingame purposes.

+

2) because client exec functions no more working, pluginmakers CAN'T automatically bind user's keys to special plugin's commands.

+

3) not all gamers have expirience for binding keys by console commands or direct config files editing.

= redirect by pressing FN key almost useless now (IMHO). and now, i need only list of our servers.

but if you try to realise a redirection with another method... not with FN key, but if ALL servers in servers list will be ... ahmmm... a hyperlinks, URLs?

servers list must looks like as now. but if you pressing any listed server, it must not open individual server menu, but run URL like...

steam://connect/chosen_server:27015

i think this will work now and can't be blocked by Valve (looks like call a MOTD from chat or console).
Send a message via ICQ to imported_Anth0ny
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2010 , 20:38   Re: Server Redirect 1.1 [Last update: Februari 7, 2009]
Reply With Quote #222

Is there any config settings i am missing here, i understand it tries to redirect a person if the server is full if i am correct. But at this moment i am almost sure that this plugin also introduces a new issue. We have users with reserved slots but it seems they cannot join the team. They get send back to spectator mode the instant they choose a team. They can then select a team again only the same thing happens.

this is *not* the all knowing spectator bug thats still out there (that you are stuck in spectator mode and cant get out of it, unless you type in spectate in the console)
Veteran Member
Old 11-17-2010 , 17:48   Re: Server Redirect 1.1 [Last update: Februari 7, 2009]
Reply With Quote #223

Since i removed the redirect plugins (the set of 3) i've had no complaints anymore. So for some odd reason when you have reserved slots, and somebody joins through a reserved slot that person can get stuck in that spectator loop... (join team, poef back to spec) happened on all the servers i had it installed.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-19-2010 , 19:50   Re: Server Redirect 1.1 [Last update: Februari 7, 2009]
Reply With Quote #224

The plugin works great and fine with no bugs. But my error logs are being spammed by this...
Quote:
Failed to execute status update query
Considering that, it does actually update the status as it should. Anyone know why it would keep saying that for all my servers?
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 11-24-2010 , 10:22   Re: Server Redirect 1.1 [Last update: Februari 7, 2009]
Reply With Quote #225

@naris/twistedpanda: if you could do a quick scan to see if my issues are present in the plugin, i read about the redirect was in there too. Perhaps this creates the issue with the reserved people being stuck. Its disabled now for the moment, but i use it for our motd too, which is now also broken. No rush, i am already happy that i dont have any strange issues on the servers anymore
Old 11-24-2010 , 10:52   Re: Server Redirect 1.1 [Last update: Februari 7, 2009]
Reply With Quote #226

hey! I already asked here before but the answer was "do it yourself". I hope one of the active authors is still digged into this plugin and could do this change on the fly. I'm interested in the threaded version, but it doesn't have to be the version which redirects when server is full.
Could anyone please let print a message when a player actualy changed the server with help of one of the chat commands ?
like 'Playername joined to Servername. Type "!servers" to follow him.' or a sentence you can configure in config.

btw how will the server list handle a password protected server ?
cameltoe Joe
Old 01-02-2011 , 11:10   Re: Server Redirect 1.1 [Last update: Februari 7, 2009]
Reply With Quote #227

Hi and thanks for this Great plugin works well on my servers.
I do have a question.

Is it possible to bypass the F3 to connect so they join when the select the server ?

thanx for your time
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 01-02-2011 , 12:00   Re: Server Redirect 1.1 [Last update: Februari 7, 2009]
Reply With Quote #228

Not since the MOTD update several months ago that removed the ability to force redirects if memory serves me correctly.
Old 01-19-2011 , 04:18   Re: Server Redirect 1.1 [Last update: Februari 7, 2009]
Reply With Quote #229

help

Code:
[serverredirect.smx] Failed to prepare status update query, error: Table 'redirect.server' doesn't exist
L 01/19/2011 - 12:44:59: [serverredirect.smx] Failed to prepare status update query, error: Table 'redirect.server' doesn't exist
L 01/19/2011 - 12:44:59: [serverredirect.smx] (LoadServerRedirectList_Query) Active server query failed, error: Table 'redirect.server' doesn't exist
L 01/19/2011 - 12:44:59: [serverredirect_ads.smx] Failed to load redirect server list, error: Failed to query server list from the database. Check the
can any one explain installation setup over again

Last edited by cyb; 01-19-2011 at 05:24.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 01-19-2011 , 07:23   Re: Server Redirect 1.1 [Last update: Februari 7, 2009]
Reply With Quote #230

If you read the instructions on the first page, it says:

3) Use .sql file from the zip file to create the MySQL table with a some sample data. Take a look at the sample data and insert your own server in a similar fashion. Remember the ID of the server, you will need it in step 7.

So your missing the database part.