Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TerraStats Plugin

kylratix
Old 03-20-2005 , 16:33  

Bug:
SteamId truncates last letter of large ids.
Basically I miscalculated how large the purchase id would have to be. I'm going to have to use unsigned 64 bit integers to cover it properly.
Int64 crosses over how much would be required to cover it with a char array, however in 32-bit or 64-bit architecture systems, technically the speed will be the same since a 56bit char array would still be in the 64bit memory block at allocation, respective to architecture. The size is, of course, negligible at a whopping byte per id.

This shouldn't be a major problem for the plugin operation, though.

Of course, I'm putting way too much thought into something of this insignificance, but hey - it's a hobby project anyway.
Send a message via AIM to kylratix Send a message via MSN to kylratix
az
Old 03-21-2005 , 00:07  

kylratix,
I was looking for a reason to mess around with PS tonight and remembered your logo request. I figured you wanted this for a banner style logo at the top of your site. I made it 800px and another at 600px. They can of course be made smaller if necessary.

so here is my effort:

links:
600 pixel version
800 pixel version
kylratix
Old 03-21-2005 , 01:49  

az:
Nice job. I like the chart.
kylratix
Old 03-21-2005 , 02:16  

Web Package:
The PHP API is well on its way for the website package as one can see in the following example:
http://terrastats.hl2-dev.com/test/example.php

The example takes a single .stats file from my server and converts it into readable information.

Shouldn't be much longer now. The engine is there, so to speak, now we just need to put it in a pretty package.

Upcoming Update:
The next update will probably take TerraStats to 0.4.0, as it will finally have the menu system everyone has been waiting for. It will also include a major database update. The code is already about finished. I want to get a firm grip on the PHP API before I release it though, as they're starting to become related.
Apocalyps3
Old 03-21-2005 , 06:51  

well if you need any servers to test it on then you can use mine if you want. cant wait until you release the web stats

Good work guys, keep it up
Send a message via AIM to Apocalyps3 Send a message via MSN to Apocalyps3
cd001again
Old 03-21-2005 , 17:23  

Hey man, awesome job. This plugin is pretty awesome, keep up the good work.

I was wondering if you have plans to add a CVAR to disable the recording of the stats? Like some maps I don't want them to record because it is on a custom map, etc. If you don't have plans, would it be too much trouble to ask for a cvar to turn recording of stats on and off?

Thanks in advanced,
lobstah
Old 03-21-2005 , 18:29  

Is it possible to use beetlesmod .48+ with these without a lag/crash issues? I tried and lagged up (especially at spawn) with full server. Seemed once there were a 1/2 day's worth of terra logs this isse started. I will keep trying once a week if it'd help. Sorry to be a pain, but Im not sure what this means:
Quote:
On BeetleFart:
I'm going to update the thread intro to -not- list beetlefart as a bug. I recommend people using the bug tracker on the SourceForge.Net project page now on. It's hard for me to tally those sort of problems using just the forum.
Send a message via MSN to lobstah
Willow
Old 03-21-2005 , 20:06  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobstah
Is it possible to use beetlesmod .48+ with these without a lag/crash issues? I tried and lagged up (especially at spawn) with full server. Seemed once there were a 1/2 day's worth of terra logs this isse started. I will keep trying once a week if it'd help. Sorry to be a pain, but Im not sure what this means:
Quote:
On BeetleFart:
I'm going to update the thread intro to -not- list beetlefart as a bug. I recommend people using the bug tracker on the SourceForge.Net project page now on. It's hard for me to tally those sort of problems using just the forum.
Hey there, before we can delve deeper into the problem, we'll need to know a couple things.

1. Did you disable Beetlefart's Default Ranking system?
2. Did you disable votemap within Beetlefart?

If no to either of the above questions, disable them, and try again, and let us know how it went.
Old 03-21-2005 , 20:21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd001again
Hey man, awesome job. This plugin is pretty awesome, keep up the good work.

I was wondering if you have plans to add a CVAR to disable the recording of the stats? Like some maps I don't want them to record because it is on a custom map, etc. If you don't have plans, would it be too much trouble to ask for a cvar to turn recording of stats on and off?

Thanks in advanced,
KX tried this earlier with a pause/unpause command, however there was a SDK Bug that prevented it from working. We'll try it again however, and if it still doesn't work we'll have to create our own pause/unpause routine.
Old 03-22-2005 , 17:21  

Alright folks, I just thought I'd pop in, to let everyone know that I have now finished our website and made it avaliable online. Please check it out here:
http://terrastats.sourceforge.net

If anyone has any questions, comments, suggestions, or needs support, please post in our forums located at:
http://terrastats.hl2-dev.com/forums/

We'll still check this thread out, however it will be quicker to get a response on our forums and website.

Once again, the site is:
http://terrastats.sourceforge.net