Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

PHPAdmin 3.7.1 Released for HL1 and HL2:Source

Twiz
Old 03-17-2005 , 19:06   PHPAdmin 3.7.1 Released for HL1 and HL2:Source

It has finally arrived! PHPAdmin 3.7.1 is one of the first, if not THE first, administration command plugin that interoperates between the vastly different HL1 and HL2:Source engines. It allows you to have a single (yes I said single) ban/gag list (along with all the other functionality that PHPAdmin offers) in a central location/database. PHPAdmin 3.7.1 allows you to have any number of mixed configurations in your server farm.... you could have a CS server, a DOD server, a CS:Source and a HL2M server all on various windows and linux platforms with 1 single shared database. Also, you can make changes to each of those servers using the traditional easy to use PHP web interface. Not only that, but PHPAdmin's ever so popular IRCBot also interoperates with HL2:Source servers meaning that you can have 1 IRCBot control all of your HL1 and HL2:Source servers. The news gets even better... IRCBot has also been ported to linux as well. Not only did PHPAdmin for linux leave the beta stages but also the IRCBot is now available in linux. That with HL2:Source support... I think it is safe to say that PHPAdmin is one of the hottest Administration tools out there!

To download or get more information about PHPAdmin 3.7.1, visit the official PHPAdmin webpage at: http://www.checkyour6.net/?cat=tools&sub=phpadmin.

Here is the change log:
[NEW] Ported PHPAdmin to HL:Source (will function on CS:S and HL2M). The HL:Source servers will use the same database as the HL1Servers and they will interoperate to share the same ban list.
[NEW] Ported the PHPAdmin Ircbot to work with an mixing of HL1 and HL2 servers through the use of 1 PHPAdminBot
[NEW] Officially ported PHPAdmin and the PHPAdmin IRCBot to Linux and now offering official support for Linux.
[CHANGE] PHPAdmin now allows the ability to specify the database you would like to use. Now longer fixed to “phpadmin”
[CHANGE] Improved performance for event handling.
[CHANGE] Improved security measures for PHPAdmin IRCBot.
[FIX] IRCBot timeout issue to servers it is connected to.
[REMOVED] Removed install script support for creating mysql users. Please visit http://www.mysql.com for support with creating and modifying mysql user accounts.
Rebell
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2005 , 02:54  

AH NICE !

Ill test it and report later !
Tnx
Old 03-18-2005 , 02:55  

to much config! ;(
Apocalyps3
Old 03-18-2005 , 07:05  

installing now, will report back when done

::EDIT::

installed, and works great
Send a message via AIM to Apocalyps3 Send a message via MSN to Apocalyps3
FiRem00
Old 03-19-2005 , 08:30  

It's more or a local administration tool if the CS/CS:S & Web server are the same, it's not really designed as a remote tool (ie. WEb Server and Game Server seperate)
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 03-19-2005 , 08:49  

wish the linux part was complete,not worth much to me without linux .so but sounds really good, so gj.
Old 03-20-2005 , 14:12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiRe
It's more or a local administration tool if the CS/CS:S & Web server are the same, it's not really designed as a remote tool (ie. WEb Server and Game Server seperate)
This can not be further from the truth. If you want to have you mysql database on one machine, your webserver on another machine and your game servers split between 2 or more machines, that is a perfectly acceptable configuration for PHPAdmin and it is supported.

The linux version for the source plugin will be available shortly (the source version on windows is available currently). The linux (as well as the windows) metamod version for HL1 servers, is included in the distribution package and has been installed on a bunch of machine so far.

If you guys have any other questions, feel free to email me or visit our IRC channel on gamesurge.net #cy6, ask for "Twitch|here" and I would be more than happy to address questions over chat and put to rest any misconceptions.
Talrinys
Old 03-20-2005 , 15:04  

Wow this looks excellent, i am gonna load this on my servers tommorow, i am getting more servers soon, sounds great.
Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 03-23-2005 , 11:04   Hopeful

Any plans to post the source for this to help out the community?

Thanks,
-Mattie

imported_SirTiger
Old 03-23-2005 , 13:19   Re: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie
Any plans to post the source for this to help out the community?
You mean posting the source for the big evil greedy server companies to adapt it and make it look like they made it theirselves and let them use it for nada?