Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CSGO] Slow down time before a bullet fires

Post New Thread Reply   

eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 06-01-2018 , 17:42   [CSGO] Slow down time before a bullet fires
Reply With Quote #1

For entertainment purposes I want to create a plugin which slows down time by 2.5x when a player makes a shot that is meant to kill a person under certain conditions. Should I use TraceAttack or there's a better method? Or maybe it's impossible. I want to slow-mo the bullet fire so I'm slow-mo'ing the entire server with func_timescale ( hopefully not limited only to L4D2 )

I think RIP

Discord: Eyal282#1334

Last edited by eyal282; 06-01-2018 at 17:43.
hmmmmm
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 06-02-2018 , 06:37   Re: [CSGO] Slow down time before a bullet fires
Reply With Quote #2

To answer the question anyway, I don't think bullets really travel like that but you can try simulating the behaviour you want by creating a bullet entity and applying damage when it hits a player.
For the timescale you can change the host_timescale to slow down the whole server, or use m_flLaggedMovementValue to slow down single players.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 06-02-2018 , 07:55   Re: [CSGO] Slow down time before a bullet fires
Reply With Quote #3

usermessage may work for just 2 people? dunno never tired it but i think this is what the entity does and server matches timescale with sending the data reliable stream
http://h̶t̶t̶p̶s̶:̶/̶/̶w̶i̶k̶i̶.̶a̶l...e̶s̶
https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Counter-...e_UserMessages

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 06-02-2018 at 08:19.
backwards
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-02-2018 , 08:19   Re: [CSGO] Slow down time before a bullet fires
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
usermessage may work for just 2 people? dunno never tired it but i think this is what the entity does and server matches timescale with sending the data reliable stream
https://wiki.alliedmods.net/User_messages
even if that was how it worked it wouldn't be idea. the guy in slow motion would just get destroyed by the other players that are in real time and wouldn't make much sense at all. you would want all the players and entity's to slowdown. You can send fake convars for sv_cheats 1 and host_timescale but this would be delayed after a player shoots by latency. In other words the player would of already shot the bullet and with client side prediction the whole animation of the recoil would be reset to static by the time the client knows to slow anything down. You can fake the effect by spawning some temp entitys that have a white streak that simulate a bullet passing through air in slow motion