Delete.

Post New Thread Reply   

RedSword
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-08-2014 , 00:42   Re: [CSS] Respawn Management v1.9
Reply With Quote #11

Hi there,

Please change the following for approval :
  • You should set "isBombTicking = false" also in Event_RoundStart, as an admin can restart using "mp_restartround 1" which will fuck up that variable's consistency.
  • Your use of CreateTimer is prone to errors. Don't pass client index directly. Pass either userid or serialid. (or else you could trigger a timer on a newcomer once the player with the same id leave)
  • Be consistent in your code. You have all your arguments in camel case, but you have "Time" as a variable in argument :/.
  • You could be hooking many time a same event. I strongly recommend you simply hook everything on start and never unhook anything. i.e. changing rsm_noend many times (0->1->0->1).

And something you may want to change now or consider changing for future plugins
  • I strongly recommend you remove FCVAR_REPLICATED from the version ConVar (can produce an error in client's console)
  • I recommend you add the flag FCVAR_DONTRECORD to your version CVar. If you don't it and that someday you add a config to your plugin, it will be written in the .cfg, which gives a wrong version number.
  • You might want to use mp_round_restart_delay rather than a hardcoded "5.0" value for game restart time.
  • L151 to L173 could be done easily with less than half the lines. i.e. do "NoEnd = GetConVarInt(rsmnoend) >= 1" ; up to you if you find that more readable
  • You could do GetLivingTeamCount while doing GetTotalTeamCount; not much a big deal thought

Also why L179 AND L180 ? And L442/443 ?

And did you try disabling objectives rather than killing them ? Might be interesting --> no restarts @ some ConVar.

And your plugin gives me an idea for something really similar. Any plan to push the idea further (publicly I mean) ?

Also, unhooking events on plugin end isn't necessary.

And I found your code rather clean to read !

Red
RAWR (per player/rounds Awp Restrict.)
Kill Assist
Be Medic

You can also Donate if you appreciate my work
SM9
Veteran Member
Old 03-08-2014 , 20:45   Re: [CSS] Respawn Management v1.9
Reply With Quote #12

Version 2.0 Released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSword View Post
  • You should set "isBombTicking = false" also in Event_RoundStart, as an admin can restart using "mp_restartround 1" which will fuck up that variable's consistency.
  • Your use of CreateTimer is prone to errors. Don't pass client index directly. Pass either userid or serialid. (or else you could trigger a timer on a newcomer once the player with the same id leave)
  • Be consistent in your code. You have all your arguments in camel case, but you have "Time" as a variable in argument :/.
  • You could be hooking many time a same event. I strongly recommend you simply hook everything on start and never unhook anything. i.e. changing rsm_noend many times (0->1->0->1).
Done.

Quote:
Also why L179 AND L180 ? And L442/443 ?
I was not sure which one of them worked, Although I have fixed this now.

Quote:
And did you try disabling objectives rather than killing them ? Might be interesting --> no restarts @ some ConVar.
Not yet, although its something to try for a future version.

Quote:
And your plugin gives me an idea for something really similar. Any plan to push the idea further (publicly I mean) ?
Cool, and yes I do plan to maintain this plugin
Quote:
Also, unhooking events on plugin end isn't necessary.
Yeah I figured, although I added it just incase. Removed now.
Quote:
And I found your code rather clean to read !
Thanks, I do like to keep things as tidy as possible even if it means a little more code

Last edited by SM9; 03-09-2014 at 19:04.
RedSword
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-09-2014 , 00:30   Re: [CSS] Respawn Management v2.0
Reply With Quote #13

When I said you were using Camel Case in your functions arguments; I meant to tell you to use it everywhere in your function args. You just changed a Pascal case argument name to another Pascal case... I didn't mean to ask you to change to camel case your stuff in OnPluginStart().

For example you use :

public DoRespawn(client) //notice "client" is camel case
public Action:RespawnClient(Handle:timer, any:client) //notice both "timer" and "client" are camel case
stock EnableProtection(client, FloatrotectionTime) //ProtectionTime is pascal case; wtf

And you didn't fix your timers at all...

Your HandleAndHookStuff now do hooks everytime OnConfigsExecuted... which is almost every map change... You're still duplicating events' hooks...

And when I said if you were planning to push your concept further, I didn't mean to simply maintain your plugin, but to push it in different directions. (Natives/Forwards ? Or a whole new game mode...)
RAWR (per player/rounds Awp Restrict.)
Kill Assist
Be Medic

You can also Donate if you appreciate my work

Last edited by RedSword; 03-09-2014 at 00:34.
SM9
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2014 , 19:02   Re: [CSS] Respawn Management v2.0
Reply With Quote #14

Version 2.1 Released

Quote:
When I said you were using Camel Case in your functions arguments; I meant to tell you to use it everywhere in your function args. You just changed a Pascal case argument name to another Pascal case... I didn't mean to ask you to change to camel case your stuff in OnPluginStart().

For example you use :

public DoRespawn(client) //notice "client" is camel case
public Action:RespawnClient(Handle:timer, any:client) //notice both "timer" and "client" are camel case
stock EnableProtection(client, FloatrotectionTime) //ProtectionTime is pascal case; wtf
Fixed, thanks!

Quote:
And you didn't fix your timers at all...
Fixed, thanks!

Quote:
Your HandleAndHookStuff now do hooks everytime OnConfigsExecuted... which is almost every map change... You're still duplicating events' hooks...
Fixed, thanks!

Quote:
And when I said if you were planning to push your concept further, I didn't mean to simply maintain your plugin, but to push it in different directions. (Natives/Forwards ? Or a whole new game mode...)
Anything thats needed will happen, If a somebody wants such thing added he will have to explain in what way he would like it to work and I will implement it. I don't have any ideas myself currently.

Last edited by SM9; 03-09-2014 at 22:35.
SM9
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2014 , 22:54   Re: [CSS] Respawn Management v2.2
Reply With Quote #15

Version 2.2 Released
SM9
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2014 , 23:33   Re: [CSS] Respawn Management v1.9
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
If this doesnt work with CSGO than ignore the rest of my post I guess, although this would be just as nice for GO as for CSS...

What about the ability to define how long into each round players are allowed to respawn? and the ability to set that time limit to a different amount each map.

purpose of that functionality would be to allow it to work nicely on Course maps with Spawn Killers built into the maps that turn on after a certain amount of time has gone by. The time is in no way consistent across maps. I haven't tried this plugin, but I assume on a course map with a spawn killer as I mentioned above, this plugin would respawn players again and again until they ran out of respawns (rsm_lives) but if the spawn killer was active they would just get slayed again and again and spam the server etc... ?

If you were to add the timer based functionality I suggested, then along with the ability to set that time limit per map, it would also be useful to be able to also set/adjust per map, a few of the mods other cvars, like rsm_lives, rsm_respawn_delay, rsm_spawnprotect & rsm_spawnprotect_time.

Anyways, thats my .02 on how this plugin which is already clearly useful as a respawn plugin for some modes, could become beneficial to at least 1 or more additional game modes (in my case, Course maps). Also please note, I'm specifically looking to avoid using mapconfigs.smx because I'm reasonably certain it was causing some crashes at map change on my GO servers that were using it.
I'm not sure if it works on CS:GO or not, I have yet to test it. Although I like your ideas and will try to implement them I when feel the plugin is ready, Currently I want to make sure all bugs are ironed out and the code is safe enough to work with, Cheers.

Last edited by SM9; 03-09-2014 at 23:34.
SM9
Veteran Member
Old 03-10-2014 , 13:55   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO?] Respawn Management v2.3 - 10/03/14
Reply With Quote #17

Version 2.3 Released
SM9
Veteran Member
Old 03-10-2014 , 19:32   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO?] Respawn Management v2.4 - 10/03/14
Reply With Quote #18

Version 2.4 Released
predaaator
Old 03-28-2014 , 02:32   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO?] Respawn Management v2.4 - 10/03/14
Reply With Quote #19

Hi my friend, your mod is great but, can you enable the ct and t win counter? thx!!
predaaator
Old 03-31-2014 , 04:14   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO?] Respawn Management v2.4 - 10/03/14
Reply With Quote #20

THANK YOU!!! (I hope sarcasm notes) I have to figured it out by myself

Update:
-Respawn protection color changed to gray (ct and t was red and confused me)
-Team score works

Last edited by RedSword; 03-31-2014 at 22:55.