Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

CW3 "/custom" command not working

Post New Thread Reply   

PutterBeanut
Old 07-14-2021 , 01:53   CW3 "/custom" command not working
Reply With Quote #1

Hello everyone! I tried setting up the Custom Weapons 3 plugin for Source Forge and I have uploaded a few custom weapons. I have followed the step-by-step installation for CW3 here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=285258. I'm totally stuck since I'm really new to modding. If there is any more information that I can provide, please let me know! Thank you in advance!
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2021 , 10:25   Re: CW3 "/custom" command not working
Reply With Quote #2

• Do you have a copy of the TF2 dedicated server software?
  • Is both Metamod:Source and SourceMod installed, and have you installed the correct version for your server host's operating system? (If you are using a game server provider, it's likely they are using a Linux-based operating system, and copying over the unpacked Windows .zip archives won't work.)
PutterBeanut
Old 07-15-2021 , 17:17   Re: CW3 "/custom" command not working
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosoop View Post
  • Do you have a copy of the TF2 dedicated server software?
  • Is both Metamod:Source and SourceMod installed, and have you installed the correct version for your server host's operating system? (If you are using a game server provider, it's likely they are using a Linux-based operating system, and copying over the unpacked Windows .zip archives won't work.)
I've uploaded the server here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ep?usp=sharing To my knowledge, I did correctly install Metamod:Source and SourceMod. In the documentation for SourceMod, there was a "test" at the very end to type `meta version` and `sm version` to see if both were set up correctly and they both outputted the expected results. I also followed the `Manual Installation` for CW3 and the cvars were working and providing the expected output, but whenever I typed in any commands such as "/c" to bring up the custom weapons menu, it wouldn't type it in chat, which makes me think that CW3 is registering the command but doesn't know how to display the menu, but that's making a huge assumption with my lack of knowledge.
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2021 , 07:25   Re: CW3 "/custom" command not working
Reply With Quote #4

You'll want to check your plugin list (via sm plugins list) and error logs (addons/sourcemod/logs/errors_*.log). It looks like CW3 may have registered the cvars before it fully finished loading; cvars aren't unregistered if the plugin fails.

Using your files for reproduction, it looks like you've saved the file as gamedata/tf2attributes.txt, while the plugin expects it to be gamedata/tf2.attributes.txt (note the first period in the filename). Regardless, you'll probably want to grab my release of tf2attributes; the upstream releases aren't up to date with the source, so you'll have issues with your copy even after correcting the name of that file.

Last edited by nosoop; 07-16-2021 at 07:37.
PutterBeanut
Old 07-16-2021 , 15:12   Re: CW3 "/custom" command not working
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosoop View Post
You'll want to check your plugin list (via sm plugins list) and error logs (addons/sourcemod/logs/errors_*.log). It looks like CW3 may have registered the cvars before it fully finished loading; cvars aren't unregistered if the plugin fails.

Using your files for reproduction, it looks like you've saved the file as gamedata/tf2attributes.txt, while the plugin expects it to be gamedata/tf2.attributes.txt (note the first period in the filename). Regardless, you'll probably want to grab my release of tf2attributes; the upstream releases aren't up to date with the source, so you'll have issues with your copy even after correcting the name of that file.
Thank you so much! I could've sworn that the tf2.attributes.txt had the period, but I added your version from the github repo and it works like a charm! Thank you!!