Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] TFDodgeball

Post New Thread Reply   

Pootis Spencer Ere
Old 11-21-2011 , 03:25   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #571

Great mod, but I find it a bit lacking functionality (aside the ping-pong gameplay)

Is there any way to control where the rockets go, other then their automated pathing system?
I want to be able to tell the rocket to go to a specific target entity before locating the next player.
I'm trying to make a map where there's a wall between the teams so they can't see each other but the rocket keeps going into the wall - I figure if the rocket could target something up high it would go over the wall. (see attached picture, sorry I'm not an artist.)

is there any way to detect when the rocket is deflected?
is there any way to detect when the rocket is destroyed?
is there any way to set the rockets' target manually?
is there any way to manually change the rocket's team?
is there any way to get the rockets to interact with physics such as the trigger_push, phys_magnet, etc? it'd be great to have the ability to push rockets around a map and/or obstacles.
how come there isn't an entity spawner or controller? it'd make things much easier to manipulate via inputs and outputs.

I'm sorry for asking for so much but this mod would have a lot of potential if the above functionality was added.

EDIT:
I got an idea: add an sm config bool for 'dodgeball_ai' if 1, an advanced pather is used instead of the faster (dumb) one (0);
if the path to the target is blocked, look for the closest target entity named 'Dodgeball_Waypoint' then compute the path to that entity and repeat the process until a clean path to the target is found. with waypoints properly placed around a map, the rocket should avoid colliding with obstacles and more advanced maps could be made.
if CPU use is a concern with these computations, then perhaps pre-computation can be performed between each waypoint when the map spawns and you'd only have to check for the shortest distance between possible destinations. but precomputation requires the targets to not move at all.

I used to write maze solvers and pathing algos back in the days of DOS but I'm afraid my coding ability is lacking now-a-days. :s
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	concept.png
Views:	188
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	95626  

Last edited by Pootis Spencer Ere; 11-21-2011 at 12:16.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2011 , 10:26   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #572

I'am getting reports about incorrect ammo, is there anything that needs a update since last update? Or is it still working just fine with others?
Old 12-20-2011 , 17:26   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #573

Someon can help me? I'm a noob, how can I install this dodgeball plugin in my server?
Yalamix
Old 12-20-2011 , 18:01   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #574

I've played in a server that had a mod that the dodgeball rocket could bounce on the wall and the floor, where can I find that?
jouva
Old 12-20-2011 , 18:40   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #575

That usually requires rocket bounce installed as well. See the links in the sig of asherkin, the maker of this plugin and extension.
Yalamix
Old 12-20-2011 , 19:05   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #576

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouva View Post
That usually requires rocket bounce installed as well. See the links in the sig of asherkin, the maker of this plugin and extension.
I've found all the plugins I want to put in mah server but I don't even know how to install the dodgeball plugin
Yalamix
Old 12-24-2011 , 15:38   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #577

I installed everything correctly but the console doesn't recognize the commands, ex.:
sm_dodgeball_maxrockets
Someone help please
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 12-24-2011 , 16:40   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #578

At my ammo issue, no longer a issue. Seems it was resolved automaticly Love those...
Old 12-25-2011 , 01:36   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yalamix View Post
I installed everything correctly but the console doesn't recognize the commands, ex.:
sm_dodgeball_maxrockets
Someone help please
sm_dodgeball_maxrockets is a cvar FYI. Try "sm_cvar sm_dodgeball_maxrockets" first to see what it says

Last edited by jouva; 12-25-2011 at 01:38.
Yalamix
Old 01-02-2012 , 22:04  
Reply With Quote #580

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouva View Post
sm_dodgeball_maxrockets is a cvar FYI. Try "sm_cvar sm_dodgeball_maxrockets" first to see what it says
Thanks, I will try it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yalamix View Post
Thanks, I will try it
It worked thanks

Last edited by asherkin; 01-16-2012 at 05:04. Reason: Merge.