[ANY] SteamWorks

Post New Thread Reply   

Bubka3
Sir Buzz Killington, Esq.
Old 12-31-2014 , 19:16   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
Use the Web API, parse the group members, store their accountids in an ADT_Array, then do a search whenever someone joins against it. That way you get an instant, accurate, lookup without violating anything.
Wouldn't that ignore the user's privacy setting anyways since it's just listing all the members in the group, private or not. What interface and method should we be looking at?

Or were you referring to the deprecated community XML data?

Quote:
I'm pretty confused by the continued request for an extraordinarily broken API that will only hurt players by its pure inaccuracy.
I wasn't aware of the method you posted above.

Last edited by Bubka3; 12-31-2014 at 19:41.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 12-31-2014 , 21:08   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
So you want both inaccurate data and to violate users' privacy?
While I agree about the inaccurate data point, how is it a violation of privacy if the member list of a group is public data anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubka3 View Post
Wouldn't that ignore the user's privacy setting anyways since it's just listing all the members in the group, private or not. What interface and method should we be looking at?

Or were you referring to the deprecated community XML data?
As far I know the memberslistxml thing isn't deprecated since there's no WebAPI alternative.

BAFFLED
Old 12-31-2014 , 22:59   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
While I agree about the inaccurate data point, how is it a violation of privacy if the member list of a group is public data anyway?
It's also exposed via that API function that SteamTools uses. I didn't claim that Valve was perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
As far I know the memberslistxml thing isn't deprecated since there's no WebAPI alternative.
The profile and group xml data (xml=1 GET param) has indeed been noted at deprecated 2-3 years ago, although I don't have a citation handy. Also, as of about 2 years ago, it's also more heavily rate limited than previously and has a higher failure rate of getting data.

There are still no Steam Web API replacements for some of the data.
Bubka3
Sir Buzz Killington, Esq.
Old 01-01-2015 , 13:09   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
The profile and group xml data (xml=1 GET param) has indeed been noted at deprecated 2-3 years ago, although I don't have a citation handy. Also, as of about 2 years ago, it's also more heavily rate limited than previously and has a higher failure rate of getting data.
Citation: https://partner.steamgames.com/docum...community_data
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2015 , 03:23   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #225

Quote:
Use the Web API, parse the group members, store their accountids in an ADT_Array, then do a search whenever someone joins against it. That way you get an instant, accurate, lookup without violating anything.

I'm pretty confused by the continued request for an extraordinarily broken API that will only hurt players by its pure inaccuracy.
Some people just don't like to use the web api or refuse to / are too lazy to use it.
Hell we have the new native to load kv from string, which is handy for http requests returning vdf.. Or you can use json or w/e.
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-05-2015 , 14:47   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
Hell we have the new native to load kv from string, which is handy for http requests returning vdf.
That was the exact use case I was aiming for when I implemented it. It used to be fairly painful (and ridiculous) to write HTTP requests to disk only to read them back into memory again.
Part-Time Asshole
Old 01-05-2015 , 14:56   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiDeD View Post
That was the exact use case I was aiming for when I implemented it. It used to be fairly painful (and ridiculous) to write HTTP requests to disk only to read them back into memory again.
No one noticed me when I had this issue two years ago. *cry*

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2015 , 21:38   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiDeD View Post
Works good, i just store them to trie using communityid
pilger
Old 01-07-2015 , 14:59   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #229

Seems that SteamWorks_RestartRequested() isn't firing when masterserver requests a restart to update the server. They just released an update a couple of minutes ago and I got nothing.

I'm using the latest version of SteamWorks and the other events seem to be firing just right. I also can use the HTTP functions perfectly. This is the code I have:

Code:
public Action:SteamWorks_RestartRequested ()
{
    LogMessage("Server update requested by master server");

return Plugin_Handled;
}
What could be going on?
Old 01-07-2015 , 18:56   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilger View Post
Seems that SteamWorks_RestartRequested() isn't firing when masterserver requests a restart to update the server. They just released an update a couple of minutes ago and I got nothing.

I'm using the latest version of SteamWorks and the other events seem to be firing just right. I also can use the HTTP functions perfectly. This is the code I have:

Code:
public Action:SteamWorks_RestartRequested ()
{
    LogMessage("Server update requested by master server");

return Plugin_Handled;
}
What could be going on?
Your game is using a newer version of the iface.