Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Admin Models (Updated v1.1.1)

Post New Thread Reply   

CsKShadowWalker
Old 05-13-2005 , 19:37  
Reply With Quote #81

haha nice, his eyes look like they were burned out, I wish I had photoshop, what was that cheapy photoshop that I was watchiing about on G4, you didn't have to pay for nothing, and it was the exact same thing, damn.... thanks man. can you make him look like a goblin?
Janet Jackson
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2005 , 00:44  
Reply With Quote #82

Uhm...Goblins...or whatever you would call these...sorry, it's the best I can come up with. 8 bit graphics aren't fun to play with.

Click here to download these models

I have a question for KaOs : is there a possibility to use different filenames for the models ? I have changed my models a little and I don't want to ask people to delete the models they downloaded a couple of days ago. I'd rather let them download the new ones automatically when they connect to the server again.

I've tried changing the code a little, but with no success. I replaced the admin_te.mdl with leet.mdl and tried this (only pasted the changed code):
Code:
public plugin_precache() {         precache_model("models/player/admin_ct/admin_ct.mdl")         precache_model("models/player/admin_te/leet.mdl")         return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public resetModel(id, level, cid) {         if (get_user_flags(id) & ADMIN_KICK) {                 new CsTeams:userTeam = cs_get_user_team(id)                 if (userTeam == CS_TEAM_T) {                         cs_set_user_model(id, "leet")                 }                 else if(userTeam == CS_TEAM_CT) {                         cs_set_user_model(id, "admin_ct")
Clients are forced to download leet.mdl, but they still see the 'old' models.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-15-2005 , 01:03  
Reply With Quote #83

How about some low-res models just like the original ones, this will actually make the download times from 3min/model obviously you have to download them both with the plugin active so you are looking at 6min at the very least with a decent connection. Sorta annoying, people usually drop before its done.
Janet Jackson
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2005 , 01:21  
Reply With Quote #84

With a decent connection it will only take seconds...check this post.
Old 05-15-2005 , 13:04  
Reply With Quote #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Jackson
Is there a possibility to use different filenames for the models ? I have changed my models a little and I don't want to ask people to delete the models they downloaded a couple of days ago. I'd rather let them download the new ones automatically when they connect to the server again.
Yes, one of my admins did this successfully for me on my server. He created the models and changed the amx_adminmodel.sma. I uploaded the new models to my game server and the location of my sv_downloadurl and we now have new models.

He just changed this:
Code:
public plugin_precache() {         precache_model("models/player/admin_ct/admin_ct.mdl")         precache_model("models/player/admin_te/admin_te.mdl")

To this:
Code:
public plugin_precache() {         precache_model("models/player/admin_ct/admin_ct_a.mdl")         precache_model("models/player/admin_te/admin_te_a.mdl")

And he changed this:
Code:
                if (userTeam == CS_TEAM_T) {                         cs_set_user_model(id, "admin_te")                 }                 else if(userTeam == CS_TEAM_CT) {                         cs_set_user_model(id, "admin_ct")

To this:
Code:
                if (userTeam == CS_TEAM_T) {                         cs_set_user_model(id, "admin_te_a")                 }                 else if(userTeam == CS_TEAM_CT) {                         cs_set_user_model(id, "admin_ct_a")

Of course the names of the models I uploaded to my server and sv_downloadurl location were admin_ct_a.mdl and admin_te_a.mdl.
Janet Jackson
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2005 , 13:44  
Reply With Quote #86

Weird. Those are the same changes I made, only the filenames are different. But I will try it with your filenames. Thanks so far !

Edit : I've tried it, but it won't work. Clients are forced to download the new files, but people see the original CS models instead.
Old 05-15-2005 , 15:20  
Reply With Quote #87

That does seem strange. If your clients are downloading the new models, they should be seeing them.
sauza
Old 05-16-2005 , 02:28  
Reply With Quote #88

Well, it did work yesterday. Now it's not working with my models. I went back and reinstalled the plugin and the original models and it's working again ... just not with my custom models.
Janet Jackson
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2005 , 16:45  
Reply With Quote #89

Too bad. Meanwhile I posted a newsmessage on our site that players should delete the old model in order to see the new one.

edit : I've switched to this mod. Although it needs a little bit more configuring, it lets me easily replace my models...
Old 05-20-2005 , 20:26  
Reply With Quote #90

Awsome plugiN!!

Might some1 be able to reup it? his site is down on bandwith issues :/

Code:
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.steamtools.net Port 80
Send a message via AIM to Flame