Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Solved [L4D2] Minigun and 50 Cal Damage, Penetration and Rate of Fire

Post New Thread Reply   

Maku
Old 11-01-2021 , 02:47   [L4D2] Minigun and 50 Cal Damage, Penetration and Rate of Fire
Reply With Quote #1

I have seen a lot of Minigun related plugins, but not the ones I am looking for.

I wanted to edit the Minigun's damage and the 50 cal's damage while also having separated Rate of Fire.

I have tried editing:
Code:
sm_cvar z_minigun_damage_rate			"96000" // Default: 48000 (Damage rate in health/minute)
But it seems like the 50 cal is also affected by this cvar.

The other cvars that I edited:
Code:
sm_cvar ammo_turret_infected_damage     "600"	// Default: 15 (Turret damage per shot against the horde (turret fires at 10Hz))
sm_cvar ammo_turret_pz_damage			"250"	// Default: 8 (Turret damage per shot against player zombies (turret fires at 10Hz))
sm_cvar ammo_turret_tank_damage			"400"	// Default: 40 (Turret damage per shot against tanks (turret fires at 10Hz))
sm_cvar ammo_turret_witch_damage		"500"	// Default: 16 (Turret damage per shot against witches (turret fires at 10Hz))
Seems to not work at all. Is there a way to edit the Minigun and the 50 cal separately? As well as editing their damage, penetration and rate of fire?

I have the plugin to pick up and move the turrets around which I really like, but it is kind of sad that the turrets don't go through common infected. Especially since the 50 cal's projectile looks like you are firing a cannon at the common infected.

Last edited by Maku; 11-02-2021 at 17:07. Reason: Problem solved, Marttt's plugin
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 11-01-2021 , 14:45   Re: [L4D2] Minigun and 50 Cal Damage, Penetration and Rate of Fire
Reply With Quote #2

AFAIK they use the same cvar.

You can check my plugin [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons.

Basically what I did was hooking OnTakeDamage and checking the gun model.

About the damage rate I don't have much knowledge about what can be done