Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Custom Weapons X

Post New Thread Reply   

shadowpikachu
Old 08-31-2022 , 03:49   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #21

Everytime i look up how to edit existing weapons on my server, it comes to this mod or an older one, i can't seem to figure out why.

Can this be used as just a rebalance mod, like the x10 mod does or whatever? And how?
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 08-31-2022 , 19:46   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthoAtom202 View Post
Do you think you could make a youtube video on how to install the mod and all of its dependencies? I don't know how to do stuff like build, and some of the instructions on some of the dependencies aren't the clearest.
There's no need to manually build anything; the "Releases" section in the sidebar on the right of every repository listed has compiled copies of files you'll need. I've added clarifications for Econ Data - if there's specific instructions you need clarification on, feel free to ask, but things like "copying a file" isn't the same process for local / remote servers and operating systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpikachu View Post
Everytime i look up how to edit existing weapons on my server, it comes to this mod or an older one, i can't seem to figure out why.

Can this be used as just a rebalance mod, like the x10 mod does or whatever? And how?
This plugin is currently only for optional new weapons; it doesn't affect existing ones. It's been requested here, but progress hasn't been made on that - the way CWX overwrites the player's loadout and prevents weapons from being dropped doesn't make this too trivial.

As far as I'm aware, the main publicly available plugin to modify existing items is https://github.com/JugadorXEI/tf2rebalance_jug, though that only supports native attributes.
Gentlemann_Of_Hats
Old 11-21-2022 , 18:58   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #23

Do you ever think you will add automatic equip to bots in the future? or somehow showing the attributes before they get equipped?
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 11-23-2022 , 04:41   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentlemann_Of_Hats View Post
Do you ever think you will add automatic equip to bots in the future? or somehow showing the attributes before they get equipped?
  • That's up to other plugins to implement and not part of the core plugin - most of the functionality is already present between CWX_SetPlayerLoadoutItem, CWX_GetItemList, and CWX_GetItemLoadoutSlot.
  • Stat displays was also intended for other plugins to handle in the future. One of the planned things was actually to shift the menu handling into its own plugin so it could be replaced with more elaborate menus or inventory management setups (such as an MOTD-based system). Trying to determine how much of the inventory system to delegate to other plugins is one thing I've always stalled on (namely, there's pros / cons to whether or not the preferences to save them across game sessions are in core or not).
Both of those are possible, but working on changes in this plugin has been low priority for me; someone else may write an independent plugin for these.
NanoAi
Old 12-22-2022 , 16:00   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #25

Can CWX replace/modify existing weapons, or is it explicitly for making new weapons? If it can only make new weapons can I have it somehow find and replace existing weapons with custom ones?
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 12-23-2022 , 12:14   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoAi View Post
Can CWX replace/modify existing weapons, or is it explicitly for making new weapons? If it can only make new weapons can I have it somehow find and replace existing weapons with custom ones?
It currently only supports the creation of new weapons. See this issue for additional details.

If you are interested in applying custom attributes to existing weapons, you can look into the manager reference plugin as a starting point.
NanoAi
Old 12-23-2022 , 19:05   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosoop View Post
It currently only supports the creation of new weapons. See this issue for additional details.

If you are interested in applying custom attributes to existing weapons, you can look into the manager reference plugin as a starting point.
Turns out you've answered this question before and I can't read...

There's the netprop `m_AttributeManager.m_Item.m_bOnlyIterateItem ViewAttributes` where if true it will make weapons not read their default attributes... so maybe this is something that can be used when trying to overwrite stuff.

Then it'd just be a matter of loading the data and applying it on the weapon.

Last edited by NanoAi; 12-23-2022 at 19:10. Reason: I really can't read... ;w;
GregoryTheGamer
Old 01-20-2023 , 13:15   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #28

I wonder if you'd be willing to implement an attribute that allows you to adjust the distance damage falloff of weapons? So you could do things like adjust how far away you need to be for the distance damage falloff to be at its lowest or to even invert it, (so like being far away causes weapons to be stronger and closer weaker) stuff like that?
H3XPresents
Old 04-19-2023 , 23:08   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #29

Hi,
I have tried for fun remaking the Incendiary Cannon for Pyro from TFC. I don't know if there is more to it than this, but I can't seem to get "Set DamageType Ignite" to work properly, seemingly only igniting... pyros..? --- While it's not the same, bleed duration is close enough to the afterburn effect, I'm currently using that instead, but it'd be nice to see people actually go up in flames. Any advice?
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2023 , 23:43   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3XPresents View Post
Hi,
I can't seem to get "Set DamageType Ignite" to work properly, seemingly only igniting... pyros..? --- Any advice?
You may wish to consider 'SM-TFAttributes Support', also by nosoop. Here's a link: https://github.com/nosoop/SM-TFAttributeSupport

According to the documentation provided by nosoop on his Github page:
PHP Code:
Weapons are now able to use Set DamageType Ignite again.

The attribute value has been reworked to specify an initial burn duration in secondswhich must be equal to or greater than 1.
    Weapons that already support burn durations will retain their 
default values — you cannot override their durations here (use weapon burn time in those cases).

The burn time currently cannot exceed 10 secondsThe game clamps burn durations to this value at ignite time (while there are ways around itnone of them can be implemented cleanly).