Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]

Post New Thread Reply   

Mystik Spiral
Old 11-10-2021 , 18:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.2 (16-Sep-2021)]
Reply With Quote #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by santdrback View Post
Excellent, I love this plugin, it balances the whole game, it may be possible to add an option where everyone on the server can see the ads of those who are being returned friendly fire, since I think that only people who are doing friendly fire can see it , add a cvar to see all the friendly fire that is returned to warn and so by the way control the admins and that they can see who is trolling, it would be much appreciated, sorry for me english i use google translator. i love your plugin.
I'll add this to my to-do list.
Old 11-10-2021 , 18:47   Re: [L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v1.1 (08-Dec-2020)]
Reply With Quote #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyal282 View Post
A grenade launcher shouldn't even be affected by these...
It's literally an incendiary explosive
I figured out a while back how to determine whether the grenade launcher had special ammo (incendiary/explosive). For incendiary ammo it applies reverseff_multiplier, but for special explosive/blast ammo it just reverses the damage reported by OnTakeDamage since all grenade launcher projectiles are explosive/blast type.
Old 11-10-2021 , 18:59   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.2 (16-Sep-2021)]
Reply With Quote #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maku View Post
Can you add a print to chat about survivors getting incapped or team killed to chat and who did it?

I don't have a reverse friendly fire to molotov since it can be easily abused and I had an issue where one of the Admins mistakingly banned an innocent player for team killing when I clearly saw who it was due to the notification (Based on the red text notification in-game about survivors getting incapped/killed by who).

I have unbanned the innocent player, but the other admin kept insisting it was him because the admin "saw" him shoot a firework crate when they were together in a group of 3s.

And I had to argue back because the suspected player was with me and another player the entire time they were being burnt to death and I saw the red notification that it was one of the two he was with.

I don't think the other admin noticed the red text and I had no proof that the suspected player was innocent either because it was not recorded in chat or anywhere. It would really be helpful to narrow down on who is to blame when no one notices the notification.
I'm not sure what you are requesting. This plugin only reverses friendly-fire from weapons...it does not reverse molotovs or other fire damage, and I do not plan to add that in this plugin. However, I do have another plugin, ReverseBurn_and_ThrowableAnnouncer, which only reverses burn damage if the victim is burned in the first 0.75 seconds of ignition (targeted by the thrower), otherwise burn damage is treated normally. Unless there is a bug, it should not be possible for a griefer to incap or kill another player with a molotov when using that plugin, though they can do some damage.
Old 11-12-2021 , 11:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.2 (16-Sep-2021)]
Reply With Quote #144

Hi Mystik, great plugin, thanks! I was just wondering if it was possibile to add a cvar which would stop people from being reverse-stumbled by the grenade launcher?
Mystik Spiral
Old 11-13-2021 , 07:30   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.2 (16-Sep-2021)]
Reply With Quote #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning View Post
Hi Mystik, great plugin, thanks! I was just wondering if it was possibile to add a cvar which would stop people from being reverse-stumbled by the grenade launcher?
It sounds like you are not requesting an option on whether to reverseff the grenade launcher...you still want reverseff for it, you just want to turn off the stumble effect being reversed. If so, I think I would not want to limit this to just the grenade launcher, but to have the option to ignore the stumble effect for all explosive ammo. That is, the grenade launcher always has explosive ammo, but you also get the stumble effect whenever a regular weapon has explosive ammo loaded, so I may add an option to reverse or ignore the stumble effect from explosive ammo. How does that sound?
Old 11-15-2021 , 17:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.2 (16-Sep-2021)]
Reply With Quote #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral View Post
I'm not sure what you are requesting. This plugin only reverses friendly-fire from weapons...it does not reverse molotovs or other fire damage, and I do not plan to add that in this plugin. However, I do have another plugin, ReverseBurn_and_ThrowableAnnouncer, which only reverses burn damage if the victim is burned in the first 0.75 seconds of ignition (targeted by the thrower), otherwise burn damage is treated normally. Unless there is a bug, it should not be possible for a griefer to incap or kill another player with a molotov when using that plugin, though they can do some damage.
I apologize for not being too specific, can you add a incap notification in the chat? Basically the same red text that appears when a player kills a Special Infected and when a survivor gets incapped/killed except it is written in the chat.
Mystik Spiral
Old 11-15-2021 , 18:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.2 (16-Sep-2021)]
Reply With Quote #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maku View Post
I apologize for not being too specific, can you add a incap notification in the chat? Basically the same red text that appears when a player kills a Special Infected and when a survivor gets incapped/killed except it is written in the chat.
Let us clarify a little more... you want a message written to chat when a player incaps themselves? Keep in mind that this plugin does not allow a player to do ANY friendly-fire damage to other players, which means they cannot incap any other players, only themselves. Also note that I plan to investigate further the suggestion by santdrback to have an option to display friendly-fire messages to everyone, not just the attacker. This should make it easier for admins to determine who is griefing, so I'm not sure a separate chat message for incap is needed. In fact, the game already displays "Player X hit Player Y" messages, at least on difficulties above Normal (see image attachment), so I need to consider whether putting those messages in chat just for Easy/Normal is worth it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AtkMsg.jpg (82.8 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 11-15-2021 at 18:46.
Maku
Old 11-16-2021 , 17:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.2 (16-Sep-2021)]
Reply With Quote #148

Quote:
Let us clarify a little more... you want a message written to chat when a player incaps themselves? Keep in mind that this plugin does not allow a player to do ANY friendly-fire damage to other players, which means they cannot incap any other players, only themselves. Also note that I plan to investigate further the suggestion by santdrback to have an option to display friendly-fire messages to everyone, not just the attacker. This should make it easier for admins to determine who is griefing, so I'm not sure a separate chat message for incap is needed. In fact, the game already displays "Player X hit Player Y" messages, at least on difficulties above Normal (see image attachment), so I need to consider whether putting those messages in chat just for Easy/Normal is worth it.

Yes, just written in chat. Because the message disappears quite fast when in the middle of a fight and molotovs, gas cans, and fireworks don't show the "-attacker- hit -victim-" which sometimes admin don't see during the game because they are sometimes distracted by something else (in real life) or afk just for a few seconds which ends up with them not seeing who killed who using things like molotov.

The friendly-fire does reverse when it comes to weapon, but not for fire-based attacks like molotov. The server I am on is usually played on expert and many things happen quite fast with 8 players. But, since you are already working on the suggestion by santdrback, then I will wait for the update. Thanks.

I only needed the notification in chat to keep a log record in-case an admin wasn't paying attention or afk so I can screenshot and send it to them.
Morning
Old 11-17-2021 , 15:04   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.2 (16-Sep-2021)]
Reply With Quote #149

Quote:
have the option to ignore the stumble effect for all explosive ammo.
That sounds great and would be much appreciated Mystik. We play tank maps with high ledges and not much space, so the explosive ammo can be very punishing if mistakes are made. Thanks a lot!
Gaz_UK
Old 11-29-2021 , 17:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.2 (16-Sep-2021)]
Reply With Quote #150

L 11/29/2021 - 22:12:51: [SM] Unable to load plugin "l4d_reverse_ff.smx": Error detected in plugin startup (see error logs)

i have downloaded the plugin and the phrases.txt but i get this error in the log?