Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[resolved]trouble with adding one admin on one server

Post New Thread Reply   

BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2013 , 10:29   [resolved]trouble with adding one admin on one server
Reply With Quote #1

This is very weird and I have NO idea why this is happening.

I am having trouble adding back an admin on just one localhost server.
My sourcebans web interface feeds many servers. I am trying to add back an admin that once was on a particular gameserver and I can not. Sourcebans removes the entry from admin.cfg

I can add this particular entry on other servers but on this one particular server, it just will not add this particular steamID

I can makeup a new test admin with a steamed that is 1 digit off, and this test admin will get added to the admin.cfg file, but if I change the details of the test admin to the particular steamID I am trying to add back, it removes the entry totally

I am concluding it is sourcebans doing this, because if I manually edit the admin.cfg and just use basebans without sourcebans.smx in /plugins folder, the admin.cfg stays as I left it with this particular admin added, but if I stop the server and remove basebans and add back sourcebans, the admin I added in addmin.cfg gets removed again, even though it is correctly defined as a valid admin

If I add this particular admin to all other servers (including another loaclhost server) it gets added to all the other servers, just one this one server will not accept it

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 09-14-2013 at 02:32.
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2013 , 11:05   Re: trouble with adding one admin on one server
Reply With Quote #2

it even puts the action in the log

Code:
INSERT INTO `sb_log` (`lid`, `type`, `title`, `message`, `function`, `query`, `aid`, `host`, `created`) VALUES (1,'m','Admin Servers Updated','Admin (xxxxxxxx) server access has been changed','/home/bigbang/public_html/sourcebans/includes/admin.php - 202<br />/home/bigbang/public_html/sourcebans/includes/page-builder.php - 101<br />/home/bigbang/public_html/sourcebans/index.php - 23<br />','p=admin&c=admins&o=editservers&id=99',1,'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx',xxxxxxxx);
/*!40000 ALTER TABLE `sb_log` ENABLE KEYS */;

the xxxxxx is where I edited private info

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 09-12-2013 at 11:42.
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2013 , 02:31   Re: trouble with adding one admin on one server
Reply With Quote #3

ok I found the issue, have no idea how it happened but found the sourcemod.cfg had wrong server ID in it. weird that I could update other admins info , but anyway.. seems to be OK now