Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] CTX - Basic CTX Editing in RAM

Post New Thread Reply   

Swixel
Old 06-16-2011 , 23:01   [TF2] CTX - Basic CTX Editing in RAM
Reply With Quote #1

REPLACED BY A UNIFIED VERSION

Last edited by Swixel; 07-06-2011 at 02:09. Reason: Added non-broken Linux build :3
Thrawn2
Veteran Member
Old 06-17-2011 , 02:02   Re: [TF2] CTX - Basic CTX Editing in RAM
Reply With Quote #2

thank you.
here's a linux build - untested though.
Attached Files
File Type: so ctx.ext.so (181.6 KB, 220 views)
Old 06-17-2011 , 02:11   Re: [TF2] CTX - Basic CTX Editing in RAM
Reply With Quote #3

Ta Thrawn2. I'll build some more in a bit ( Linux central and non-central buildings, same for Windows ), but I'm about to out away for a day or so (yay weekend).

At the moment be warned that the "resetprojectiles" system won't work, as I screwed up a pointer (the weapon data is actually duplicated into the main database). It won't hurt you, just be warned that reset is broken. ( That isn't a huge deal when you're only editing projectiles though )

Out for ~36-48 hours from this edit to give people a time frame...

If you need to fix it in the meantime, just add a "RestoreAllWeapons()" to the Unload, and change the database pointer in the RestoreWeapon function from the stock one to the "Original" set.

I'll be adding Player data -- I just retraced Wazz's footsteps on that, thinking that there had to be a better way -- there isn't (re-reversed for no reason!).

Last edited by Swixel; 06-17-2011 at 02:32.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-17-2011 , 12:28   Re: [TF2] CTX - Basic CTX Editing in RAM
Reply With Quote #4

Nice one Swixy!!
kossolax
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-19-2011 , 15:56   Re: [TF2] CTX - Basic CTX Editing in RAM
Reply With Quote #5

Impressive, and very usefull, thanks!

Will you add more orange-box compatibility for other games?
Swixel
Old 06-19-2011 , 17:28   Re: [TF2] CTX - Basic CTX Editing in RAM
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kossolax View Post
Impressive, and very usefull, thanks!
Thanks.

Quote:
Will you add more orange-box compatibility for other games?
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Will I add CTX editing support? Maybe. I mean, it requires getting the struct and there being a point to do it. L4D and L4D2 have no real point, and CS:S is heavily locked down as to what's valuable (aside from maybe damage)...

Not to mention that the extension will get huge fast...

The games I could do (in theory) are (from SRCDS server names):

"left4dead"
"left4dead2"
"Counter-Strike Source"
"hl2mp"
"dods"

I haven't looked at DOD:Syet, but I might. ( I love that non-source games are on srcds ... )

The reason that TF2 is so interesting is the varied weapon systems. From my experience in MNC (and I might be forgetting something), the projectiles don't vary much, and there aren't many mods for it afaik (again I could be wrong).

As for DOD:S, I've only ever run a dedi of that at LANs, so I'll have to see.

Seriously though, unless there's a compelling reason that more than one bit of the CTX needs editing I'm not sure it's worth the time to make another 50+ natives.

Last edited by Swixel; 06-19-2011 at 19:30. Reason: Oops, MNC isn't source -- thanks asherkin
kossolax
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-20-2011 , 04:24   Re: [TF2] CTX - Basic CTX Editing in RAM
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swixel View Post
Maybe. I mean, it requires getting the struct and there being a point to do it. L4D and L4D2 have no real point, and CS:S is heavily locked down as to what's valuable (aside from maybe damage)...

Not to mention that the extension will get huge fast...
Actually, I'm working with CSS so that's the point. There is a the same Wazz's structure posted for CSS: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...69&postcount=3 . I know that's hard and long work. And I understand about the projectile was the main thing. But what a dream it's to changed thats kind of value...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swixel View Post
Seriously though, unless there's a compelling reason that more than one bit of the CTX needs editing I'm not sure it's worth the time to make another 50+ natives.
This is probably the best thing of this. The huge amount of usable native and especially, the weapons one. You are the first one to made this, and it's so great.
Swixel
Old 06-20-2011 , 05:43   Re: [TF2] CTX - Basic CTX Editing in RAM
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Actually, I'm working with CSS so that's the point. There is a the same Wazz's structure posted for CSS: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...69&postcount=3 . I know that's hard and long work. And I understand about the projectile was the main thing. But what a dream it's to changed thats kind of value...
The weapon and playerdata classes/structs are acutally pretty transparent in the code. The main issue isn't really using it, it's checking Seta's right (redoing it all).

Quote:
This is probably the best thing of this. The huge amount of usable native and especially, the weapons one. You are the first one to made this, and it's so great.
Yes, and the second main issue is that I don't really play CS:S, which means I can't really know when it's broken, or easily work out how...

EDIT: But it's done. See the other thread.

Last edited by Swixel; 06-20-2011 at 07:03.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2011 , 16:10   Re: [TF2] CTX - Basic CTX Editing in RAM
Reply With Quote #9

Swixel, on the buildables ones, can you set the type on the buildables to the TFObjects?
For example,
PHP Code:
native bool:CTX_SetPlayerBuildable1(String:strClassName[], TFObjectType:Buildable1);
native TFObjectType:CTX_GetPlayerBuildable1(String:strClassName[]); 
This is just an inc change.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
Swixel
Old 06-30-2011 , 19:34   Re: [TF2] CTX - Basic CTX Editing in RAM
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Swixel, on the buildables ones, can you set the type on the buildables to the TFObjects?
No. That adds strcmp overhead, and I'd like to avoid that in the event people need to use this quickly... and it's not just a "native" change, it requires me to double-check things against data I haven't got in the extension at the moment (though I'm considering throwing in ObjectInfo too, even though it's not CTX data). If you're asking for an enum, what Tsunami posted late last year is what I got last I checked (pre-Engineer update):

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...33&postcount=8