Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

L4D Vote Manager 2

Post New Thread Reply   

firerain
Old 04-20-2009 , 22:05   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #111

I have sourcemod 1.2 and metamod 1.7.1 installed in right path. The other plugins on server work fine.

Last edited by firerain; 04-20-2009 at 22:29.
Packhead
Old 04-21-2009 , 23:19   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #112

The plugin needs to be updated -- it doesn't support the new ChangeCampaign callvote command. I pulled the source down to see if I could hack it together, but figured I'd wait to see if the author could do it so it's consistent
madcap
Old 04-21-2009 , 23:43   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #113

Can you explain the change? I didn't see anything about a change to this command in the change log for the update.
TheDanner
Old 04-22-2009 , 02:28   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #114

Survival mode has a new vote type, "ChangeChapter". Currently, it will reject the vote with the "Invalid vote type" message. Adding that to the list of checks in isValidVote() fixes that (~line 255).
madcap
Old 04-22-2009 , 07:59   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #115

Thanks for the info. I've got my fix, will test this aft and post.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2009 , 09:18   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDanner View Post
Survival mode has a new vote type, "ChangeChapter". Currently, it will reject the vote with the "Invalid vote type" message. Adding that to the list of checks in isValidVote() fixes that (~line 255).
Thanks.
AcidTester
Old 04-22-2009 , 14:12   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #117

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=846570
Dont know what line to put for changechapter...
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-22-2009 , 14:22   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDanner View Post
You will also need to create a new ConVar for the Access level and add a check to the "hasVoteAccess" function or you will get a "don't have access" message.
TheDanner
Old 04-22-2009 , 15:45   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by gH0sTy View Post
You will also need to create a new ConVar for the Access level and add a check to the "hasVoteAccess" function or you will get a "don't have access" message.
Good call, missed that one because I have the "z" flag, but other admins without that couldn't call a vote (apparently). Adding
PHP Code:
else if (strcmp(voteName,"ChangeChapter",false) == 0GetConVarString(levelAccess,acclvl,sizeof(acclvl)); // Survival fix 
to hasVoteAccess() (I added it after line 203) should fix that too, using the existing levelAccess ConVar for permissions.

Though, you may want to wait for madcap's official fix, in case this isn't the whole story.

Last edited by TheDanner; 04-22-2009 at 16:13. Reason: confrimed it?
madcap
Old 04-22-2009 , 21:42   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #120

Edit: this version has become the main version. Testing code removed.

I took a slightly different approach.

If you're currently in coop or VS then calling a ChangeChapter vote uses the same access as when you normally change a level.

But when you're in survival mode there is a new cvar that allows a different access level for switching from one survival map to another. The idea being it's no big deal switching maps in survivor. If you don't like this feature just set the l4d_vote_surv_switch_access cvar to the same as your change level access.

There is just one slight problem. My normal server is down since the update last night so I don't currently have a place to test. I don't want to post this to the front page until it's been tested out but I don't want to keep anyone waiting if they really want it. Please consider this an experimental build.

Last edited by madcap; 04-23-2009 at 17:56.