Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Bouncing Ball

Post New Thread Reply   

-X3N- | DEFAULT
Old 09-02-2005 , 03:47   Bouncing Ball
Reply With Quote #1

Ok, this MAY already exist, and if it does, kindly point me in its direction.....

Im looking for a plugin that simulates a zero gravity "ball". A script that would low grav and object OR player and set their velocity in a direction. When an obstacle is encountered (wall, another player, ent) it would bounce off and retain it's velocity. In theory, the object's velocity would remain that of the original velocity.

I really want this script specifically for a script that i'm workin on, but if someone has one, or makes one, i would love to take a look at it.

also, message me on aim if you have any help for me =)
Veteran Member
Old 09-02-2005 , 04:33  
Reply With Quote #2

I made something like this for a dodgeball plugin I was working on, lol.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
-X3N- | DEFAULT
Old 09-02-2005 , 14:13  
Reply With Quote #3

Think you can run a quick edit and see if you can get the balls to bounce with a constant velocity forever? I'll download your plugin to see exactly what it does, =).
Veteran Member
Old 09-02-2005 , 14:17  
Reply With Quote #4

MOVETYPE_BOUNCE and no gravity or friction would probably make an entity bounce forever, but I don't know if it can be used on players.
-X3N- | DEFAULT
Old 09-02-2005 , 14:20  
Reply With Quote #5

First im going to mess with the dodgeball plugin and get the ball to bounce forever... if that's ok with v3x

Then im going to impliment the code into my scrip to see if i can learn something and maybe get a player to bounce.

not that i even know how to use MOVETYPE_BOUNCE, but i wonder if it bounces off walls as well as the ground. and how the heck would i set gravity on an entity such as the grenade aka dodgeball

BTW, thanks avalanche and v3x for always being there for me.

**UPDATE** ok, so i loaded it up on my server and it looks excellent (good job v3x) The balls DO bounce off of the walls very well, now i'm just wondering how i can set a low gravity on the ball =)

**UPDATE2** Oooooo Im learning.....
Code:
entity_set_float(greindex,EV_FL_friction,0.0); entity_set_float(greindex,EV_FL_gravity,0.0);
Veteran Member
Old 09-02-2005 , 20:53  
Reply With Quote #6

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the dodgeball plugin posted here is mine, not v3x's... I don't think v3x ever finished his. But keep complimenting him anyway.
XeNo
Old 09-02-2005 , 22:27  
Reply With Quote #7

There's an intresting plugin...If you ever get it made, I'd love to test it out ^_^
-X3N- | DEFAULT
Old 09-03-2005 , 00:13  
Reply With Quote #8

Avalanche, im so sorry for not giving you the credit for that
Quote:
register_plugin("Dodgeball","0.11","Avalanche ");
I'll read more before i open my mouth next time =/