Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Exxelence
Old 01-29-2016 , 09:42   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4501

The point is, i am using a tiered vote. I have grouped my maps into 6 Tiers and of each section 1 invote. I know this is quite a lot, but it's working on other servers as well. So i don't quite get it
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 01-29-2016 , 15:11   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxelence View Post
The point is, i am using a tiered vote. I have grouped my maps into 6 Tiers and of each section 1 invote. I know this is quite a lot, but it's working on other servers as well. So i don't quite get it
Well, it could be a performance issue with the server machine, or it could be a memory leak in one of your other plugins. If your plugin setup is the same on other servers, I'd check to see what is different on this particular server that you are having the issue with. I would create a temporary umc-mapcycle file that is much smaller, just a few maps (only 1 page in the vote) and see if you still get the lag. If so, the issue is probably something outside of UMC. If not, start adding maps back a few at a time and find that sweet spot with a maximum amount of maps without lag.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera

Last edited by Bittersweet; 01-29-2016 at 15:11.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-31-2016 , 02:45   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4503

I'm not sure why, but at least on TF2, if you try add a workshop map to a vote, UMC will default the max number of players to 0 instead of MaxClients.

Ran into this while trying to see if the SM 1.8 workshop stuff was working properly.

Edit: Even manually specifying the max_players is forcing it to 0. Trying to figure out why this is now.

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-31-2016 at 02:54.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-31-2016 , 17:42   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4504

The reason is because the SourceMod KeyValues stuff is choking on having / in the map name. Meaning that this is going to choke on CS:GO Linux and TF2 all platforms for workshop maps.

Looking into workarounds now.

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-31-2016 at 20:21.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2016 , 20:13   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
The reason is because the SourceMod KeyValues stuff is choking on having / in the map name. Meaning that this is going to choke on CS:GO Windows and TF2 all platforms for workshop maps.

Looking into workarounds now.
Good to know, I'm sure this will come up. I assume you've already tried substituting a \ for the /s.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-31-2016 , 20:28   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
Good to know, I'm sure this will come up. I assume you've already tried substituting a \ for the /s.
When I was implementing GetMapDisplayName in SM 1.8, I found out the hard way that specific games and OSes require specific slashes to recognize maps.

Specifically:

CS:GO Windows requires Workshop maps to be in workshop\[map id] format.
CS:GO Linux and TF2 all platforms require Workshop maps to be in workshop/[map id] format.

Note that [map id] can either be the workshop ID number or the long-format name (which is different in CS:GO than it is in TF2).

Side note: This is why GetMapDisplayName is a native instead of a stock. That way, when more games are added, we can add special cases for their specific formats.

I'm also not sure exactly *which* KeyValues command is doing it. I have other keyvalues files that work with / in key names (TF2's PropHunt does this for models). I suspect it's the one that jumps to a particular keyvalue, but it could just as easily be the one that copies a bunch of subkeys to a new KeyValues instance.
Veteran Member
Old 02-01-2016 , 16:25   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4507

Quote:
When I was implementing GetMapDisplayName in SM 1.8, I found out the hard way that specific games and OSes require specific slashes to recognize maps.

Specifically:

CS:GO Windows requires Workshop maps to be in workshop\[map id] format.
CS:GO Linux and TF2 all platforms require Workshop maps to be in workshop/[map id] format.

Note that [map id] can either be the workshop ID number or the long-format name (which is different in CS:GO than it is in TF2).

Side note: This is why GetMapDisplayName is a native instead of a stock. That way, when more games are added, we can add special cases for their specific formats.

I'm also not sure exactly *which* KeyValues command is doing it. I have other keyvalues files that work with / in key names (TF2's PropHunt does this for models). I suspect it's the one that jumps to a particular keyvalue, but it could just as easily be the one that copies a bunch of subkeys to a new KeyValues instance.
Yeah, I thought / was a reserved character for SM,or it may be the source code of SourcePawn that I'm thinking of. Seems like I had to insert some into some of my SQL statements to get them to work, and I believe some of the older text stuff (that I think they've gotten rid of) made some special use of that character. Not the best character to pick to reserve when it's already reserved by the OS.

You say it's choking. What exactly does that mean? Is it locking up/crashing the server? I suppose there is no error report.

My plugins:
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-02-2016 , 12:57   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
Yeah, I thought / was a reserved character for SM,or it may be the source code of SourcePawn that I'm thinking of. Seems like I had to insert some into some of my SQL statements to get them to work, and I believe some of the older text stuff (that I think they've gotten rid of) made some special use of that character. Not the best character to pick to reserve when it's already reserved by the OS.

You say it's choking. What exactly does that mean? Is it locking up/crashing the server? I suppose there is no error report.
Something asherkin said made me realize what the real problem is:

Valve's KeyValues parser treats a lookup for the key "workshop/123456789" as a lookup for the key "123456789" inside the key "workshop".

Which makes me wonder why KeyValues doesn't toss some sort of error and/or do automatic replacements when it runs into keys that contain a forward slash since it doesn't actually support them.
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2016 , 14:35   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4509

Quote:
Something asherkin said made me realize what the real problem is:

Valve's KeyValues parser treats a lookup for the key "workshop/123456789" as a lookup for the key "123456789" inside the key "workshop".

Which makes me wonder why KeyValues doesn't toss some sort of error and/or do automatic replacements when it runs into keys that contain a forward slash since it doesn't actually support them.
I wish I had more time to figure this stuff out. I need a refresher course, but this piqued my interest, because there is no error handling:

Code:
static cell_t smn_CreateKeyValues(IPluginContext *pCtx, const cell_t *params)
{
	KeyValueStack *pStk;
	char *name, *firstkey, *firstvalue;
	bool is_empty;

pCtx->LocalToString(params[1], &name);
	pCtx->LocalToString(params[2], &firstkey);
	pCtx->LocalToString(params[3], &firstvalue);

is_empty = (firstkey[0] == '\0');
	pStk = new KeyValueStack;
	pStk->pBase = new KeyValues(name, is_empty ? NULL : firstkey, (is_empty||(firstvalue[0]=='\0')) ? NULL : firstvalue);
	pStk->pCurRoot.push(pStk->pBase);

return handlesys->CreateHandle(g_KeyValueType, pStk, pCtx->GetIdentity(), g_pCoreIdent, NULL);
}

My plugins:

Last edited by Bittersweet; 02-02-2016 at 14:37.
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-05-2016 , 05:03   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4510

any1 know how to stop nominated maps from showing up in tiered vote?
ie. player nominate cs_assault
but players voted for defuse mode
but cs_assault still shows up in 2nd part of the vote :/

Last edited by 8guawong; 02-05-2016 at 05:32.