Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Source SDK Base 2013 and BG3

Post New Thread Reply   

theElfe
Old 07-13-2019 , 17:53   Source SDK Base 2013 and BG3
Reply With Quote #1

Hello!

Recently the new modification Battle Grounds 3 from hl2 released. Its predeccessor Battle Grounds 2 running on Source SDK Base 2007 had Sourcemod running its admin. I have tried installing SM on my server for the new Battle Grounds 3 using SDK Base 2013. Adding myself as an admin in the admin.simple.ini file. But in-game when I type sm_admin in console or in-game chat nothing happens. SM is installed and writing like "ff" "timeleft" and "nextmap" Works. Also before I added myself as admin, I recieved the Message [SM] You dont have Access to that command. But now after adding myself as admin i type in sm_admin or try to open up the menu With nothing working. No additional Message appears in console after typing in sm_admin. Just nothing happens and the menu does not appear. I managed to get sm_say and sm_csay to work, but most of the commands does not work as when I f.example type in sm_tsay in-game chat nothing happens, just like when I try typing sm_admin in console.

Any ideas?

Last edited by theElfe; 07-13-2019 at 17:54.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-14-2019 , 07:02   Re: Source SDK Base 2013 and BG3
Reply With Quote #2

It sounds like the game has broken/disabled support for classic menus (used by default and for sm_tsay).
The standard cvar for it is cl_showpluginmessages, which Valve recently changed to default to 0, as there are security issues with it they're unwilling to fix.

Try enabling radio menus for the game, edit gamedata/core.games/common.games.txt and add a line for it to the "Which games support ShowMenu?" and "Which games need a radio menu timeout?" sections.

Just like https://github.com/alliedmodders/sou...b0f279548f270f

The value for "game" should be the name of the gamedir, the folder at the root that contains the addons directory and is used with the "-game" command line param.