Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

AMX Mod X 1.0 Final Released

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

SniperBeamer
AMX Mod X Founder
Old 11-15-2004 , 14:06   AMX Mod X 1.0 Final Released

Nope, not an April Fool's Joke! We are proud to announce the final release of AMX Mod X - Version 1.0.

This release, apart from some bug fixes, includes a full documentation rewrite with a scripting and module writing guide, as well as an automated installer that can install to Steam or FTP (Windows/Linux/AMD64) installations.

You can get the binaries here or on Sourceforge.
You can see the new online documentation at www.amxmodx.org/doc.

This marks the final, stable release of AMX Mod X. Future releases will be bug fixes and security patches, as AMX Mod X should be considered feature complete for the Half-Life 1 era. As a note, anything that worked with 0.20 will work with 1.0.

At the bottom of the post you can see the changelog. But I'd like to give the floor to the fine developers at AMX Mod X, as we'd all like to say something to the community...

JGHG:
Well, not much to say really. Thanks for your interest in this project.

Of course, with the evolving nature of "teh Steam" I guess we/I have put ourselves in the position to always have to update the offsets in the cstrike module every now and then. We'll see how long everyone will persist.
I hope you will have some use of AMX Mod X now even though HL2 comes at us. The recent addition of the fakemeta module and other updates of the engine module has IMNSHO made AMXX a really useful and easy-to-use tool for the HL engine.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be busy battling Gman the next few weeks.

I will also take the opportunity to shout this to Valve: GIVE US TF2!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!

PM:
It has been a nice time (integrating turtles and yams into HL addons), and in the end, I think AMX Mod X is much more than a simple AMX fork. I would like to thank all the developers, translators and helpers for the great work and the time they put into all this. A huge thanks goes to the community; one of the best I have ever seen (well, there are some exceptions, but luckily the phpBB developers have implemented the "ban" feature), and especially to the donors. The fact that they gave us their money shows that they trusted us, although they don't even know us. The project would never be where it is without the community. To sum it up, working on AMX Mod X was a lot of fun and I think that I learned a lot of things I can use in my future. Obey the hamsters and I hope I will see you over at SourceMod. Don't forget to close the door and turn the lights off.

BAILOPAN:
It's been really fun working with the community over the past ten months. I've learned a lot about public relations and certainly a ton about programming. I want to thank SniperBeamer for accepting me to the team, PM OnoTo for implementing some awesome ideas, JGHG for his diligence with mod hacking and putting up with my bugs, and SidLuke for giving us so much more mod support. Lastly, a huge thanks to the community which supported and embraced us throughout the lifetime of AMX Mod X. Some of the people who helped us along the way were absolutely exceptional and I highly recommend you see the credits in the documentation.

Anyway, I hope to see you all again with Half-Life 2. Frag on!

SniperBeamer:
When I started AMX Mod X, AMX should just be continued but I never thought it would become such a big project and great community. That makes me really proud.

First of all I want to thank BAILOPAN for his great work. He spent much more time in AMXx than everyone else. Without him all this wouldn't be possible. Thank you!
And of course not to forget the other main developers PM, JGHG and SidLuke, devicenull as the forum moderator, sawce for the great work he contributed, the people who donate all the money to us and of course everyone else I forgot.

Time is going on and everything changes. In the next few hours Half-Life 2 will be released and so the development of AMX Mod X will be stopped. I hope you will stay with us and regularly check the SourceMod Forums. Most of the AMXx developers move on with SourceMod.

It has been a great time. I wish you all the best for your (especially non-computer) life.

- SniperBeamer

Changelog:
Quote:
* Added an installer.
* Completed documentation.
* Added fakemeta_stocks include file.
* Added PM OnoTo's XS Library.
* Added natives to array_amxx to check lists for values.
* Admin.sma will now immediately exec amxx.cfg to make plugin_cfg more useful.
* Synced language files and added Dutch (thanks Devilion).
* Increased write-file buffer.
* Fixed a bug that caused the JIT to crash with a kernel option in 2.6.x.
* Fixed many Counter-Strike native offsets in Cstrike module.
* Fixed a crash bug in hooking MESSAGE_BEGIN in Fakemeta_amxx
* Fixed a bug where admin_sql would not reset admins on fallback to users.ini.
* Fixed range checking in set_user_hitzones.
* Fixed read_data() float return method.
* Fixed version and file info in some modules and core.
Old 11-15-2004 , 14:14  

/dance
Phil
Old 11-15-2004 , 14:16  

erst0r

damn, EKS steal my rank
Old 11-15-2004 , 14:23  

holy crap... gonna go check it out now...
Old 11-15-2004 , 14:54  

OMG
Send a message via ICQ to hasta
FeuerSturm
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-15-2004 , 14:56  

awsome, thank you very much for your hard work and making
a great admin tool for Day of Defeat (FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

thanks and keep up the good work
sean
Old 11-15-2004 , 15:04  

congrats fellas just one question are .2 and 1.0 plugins interchangeable?
Send a message via MSN to sean
Soloist
Old 11-15-2004 , 15:05  

Job well done. Now for any bug fixes/security patches are they going to be post on the main page or are they going to be in the nightly builds section.
Send a message via ICQ to Soloist Send a message via AIM to Soloist Send a message via MSN to Soloist Send a message via Yahoo to Soloist
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2004 , 15:07  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStorm
awsome, thank you very much for your hard work and making
a great admin tool for Day of Defeat (FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

thanks and keep up the good work
hallelujah, thankyou bailo, SB, JGHG, PM and anyone else Im missing, then thankyou to all the plugin writers; LudWigVan ( his plugin are still some of the most wanted so yes he deserves this spot ), Asskicr, Mel, Freecode, xero, Rick, (too many of you ppl out there) who made this whole thing come togather, we went through some rough patches but here you guys are with 1.0 and hope this continues on with SourceMod.
Old 11-15-2004 , 15:07  

/me votes for NICE

*recompiling everything just to make sure*

edit:

first bug in installer

If you try to use ftp installer with port (like 123.456.789.1:12345 as host) I get runtime error 13, Type mismatch. So no ftp install with non-standard ports
Closed Thread