Module: Ham Sandwich

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Ramono
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2007 , 15:53   Re: Module: Ham Sandwich

Owwww NICE

btw, newest tfc version is 1.5

Edit:
I'm testing it on tfc, but i cant get it to work, can anyone tell me whats wrong with this:
Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <engine> #include <hamsandwich> new cvar public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("HS-TEST","1.00","NL)Ramon(NL")     register_use("func_button","func")     cvar = register_cvar("hs_return","1")     //  HAM_UNSET = 0,     //  HAM_IGNORED,     //  HAM_HANDLED,     //  HAM_OVERRIDE,     //  HAM_SUPERCEDE } public func(IDUsed, IDActivator, IDCaller, UseType, Float:UseValue) {     new name2[32],name[32],classname[32],classname2[32],classname3[32]     get_user_name(IDActivator,name,31)     get_user_name(IDCaller,name2,31)     entity_get_string(IDUsed,EV_SZ_classname,classname,31)     entity_get_string(IDActivator,EV_SZ_classname,classname2,31)     entity_get_string(IDCaller,EV_SZ_classname,classname3,31)     server_print("NAME=%s NAME2=%s CLASSNAME=%s",name,name2,classname)     server_print("CLASSNAME2=%s CLASSNAME3=%s",classname2,classname3)     server_print("IDUSED=%d IDACTIVATOR=%d IDCALLER=%d",IDUsed,IDActivator,IDCaller)     server_print("USETYPE=%d USEVALUE=%f",UseType,UseValue)     return get_pcvar_num(cvar) }

When i press a button, it doesnt show anything... Module running, Plugin running, Modname TFC

Edit: it does work with the newest/above version of HS.

Last edited by Ramono; 03-10-2007 at 10:15.
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2007 , 17:14   Re: Module: Ham Sandwich

register_takedamage and register_use work in Windows 32-bit Sven Co-op (the only build of Sven Co-op, as I'm sure you're aware of by now).

I managed to hook use on a monster_barney, and in the hook call a takedamage on the barney from the player with 0.0 damage. So players that attempted to get him to follow them would actually get shot at by him. :)

Anyway, I don't know if it would fit into your design at all, but if there was any way of implementing wildcards like in register_touch (ie: "monster_*"), it would be very nice.

Awesome work so far, sawcey.

Last edited by XxAvalanchexX; 03-02-2007 at 18:24.
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2007 , 21:37   Re: Module: Ham Sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramono View Post
Owwww NICE

btw, newest tfc version is 1.5

Edit:
I'm testing it on tfc, but i cant get it to work, can anyone tell me whats wrong with this:
Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <engine> #include <hamsandwich> new cvar public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("HS-TEST","1.00","NL)Ramon(NL")     register_use("func_button","func")     cvar = register_cvar("hs_return","1")     //  HAM_UNSET = 0,     //  HAM_IGNORED,     //  HAM_HANDLED,     //  HAM_OVERRIDE,     //  HAM_SUPERCEDE } public func(IDUsed, IDActivator, IDCaller, UseType, Float:UseValue) {     new name2[32],name[32],classname[32],classname2[32],classname3[32]     get_user_name(IDActivator,name,31)     get_user_name(IDCaller,name2,31)     entity_get_string(IDUsed,EV_SZ_classname,classname,31)     entity_get_string(IDActivator,EV_SZ_classname,classname2,31)     entity_get_string(IDCaller,EV_SZ_classname,classname3,31)     server_print("NAME=%s NAME2=%s CLASSNAME=%s",name,name2,classname)     server_print("CLASSNAME2=%s CLASSNAME3=%s",classname2,classname3)     server_print("IDUSED=%d IDACTIVATOR=%d IDCALLER=%d",IDUsed,IDActivator,IDCaller)     server_print("USETYPE=%d USEVALUE=%f",UseType,UseValue)     return get_pcvar_num(cvar) }

When i press a button, it doesnt show anything... Module running, Plugin running, Modname TFC
Make sure it's a valid entity name.
sawce
The null pointer exception error and virtual machine bug
Old 03-02-2007 , 21:38   Re: Module: Ham Sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAvalanchexX View Post
Anyway, I don't know if it would fit into your design at all, but if there was any way of implementing wildcards like in register_touch (ie: "monster_*"), it would be very nice.
It would not be possible to do it like that.

It doesn't do string comparisons on all takedamages/uses that get called. Rather it spawns an entity of the matching type, and inserts the hook into that entity type's virtual table, and then destroys the entity. This way there is very little overhead for a hook. If you're not too familiar with the inner workings of C++ don't worry about what I just said :o

@romano i'll look into it. I only really tested takedamage :x

I can't reproduce :O

On hunted, hitting the button the hunted starts at:

Quote:
NAME=sawce NAME2=sawce CLASSNAME=func_button
CLASSNAME2=player CLASSNAME3=player
IDUSED=36 IDACTIVATOR=1 IDCALLER=1
USETYPE=2 USEVALUE=1.000000

hs_return
"hs_return" is "1"
hs_return 4
NAME=sawce NAME2=sawce CLASSNAME=func_button
CLASSNAME2=player CLASSNAME3=player
IDUSED=36 IDACTIVATOR=1 IDCALLER=1
USETYPE=2 USEVALUE=1.000000
After changing it to 4 it would not allow the hunted to leave.

... oh you might be on windows, lemme check that

On windows: Some stupid bug caused an access violation (I fixed that, will reupload in a sec), but after fixing that it worked fine O_o what OS do you use?

Last edited by sawce the snail; 03-02-2007 at 23:42.
Ramono
Veteran Member
Old 03-03-2007 , 08:50   Re: Module: Ham Sandwich

I used Windows XP prof, standalone HLDS. ill retry it when i get back home.

Edit: It works all fine now with the new update Thanks, and GJ

btw, this would be very nice if it can be a part of an amxx module, and not a custom one.

Last edited by Ramono; 03-03-2007 at 13:23.
sawce
Old 03-04-2007 , 01:04   Re: Module: Ham Sandwich

The current plan is to add it to the 1.77 base package, but it will remain it's own module. So everybody who installs 1.77 will have it.
sprintboy
BANNED
Old 03-04-2007 , 08:16   Re: Module: Ham Sandwich

thank you sawce, so this can be used for tfc?
sawce
Old 03-04-2007 , 12:13   Re: Module: Ham Sandwich

I have support for NS, CS (and CZero since they're the same binary), DoD, TFC, TS, SvenCoop and ESF for these two virtual function calls/hooks.
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 03-07-2007 , 05:19   Re: Module: Ham Sandwich

Indeed a very useful functions. I'm going to request (in AMBugs section) a native get_classname(iIndex, szClassname, iLen) - if used in loop this would help to get all of the classnames that is supported by the mod.

EDIT: http://bugs.alliedmods.net/?do=details&task_id=75

I believe that this should be rather requested for this module because it's seems too hackish.
I know that i could just hardcode all of the classnames but how complicated it would be to retrieve a list of all of the classnames dynamically? Do we need a single pointer to the classnames array or... ?

Last edited by VEN; 03-07-2007 at 13:21.
sawce
Old 03-07-2007 , 13:59   Re: Module: Ham Sandwich

There is no way I know of to get the list of used entities for a game dll without just hardcoding the list myself for each mod.

And since I am trying to make this module pseudo-cross mod, I don't think it would be unreasonable to leave this up to the plugin creator to do the listing of ents they want hooked.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:36
VEN
This message has been deleted by VEN. Reason: nvm, this will not work for all of the cases...
Closed Thread