Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:GO] Hook game in background

Post New Thread Reply   

Ilusion9
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2018 , 13:48   [CS:GO] Hook game in background
Reply With Quote #1

Is there a way to hook or to check when a client runs his client in background?
I know there's an option in Audio Settings: Play audio when game in background, so within the game it's possible to check.

Last edited by Ilusion9; 07-10-2018 at 13:48.
kratoss1812
Old 07-10-2018 , 15:15   Re: [CS:GO] Hook game in background
Reply With Quote #2

https://sm.alliedmods.net/new-api/cl...IsClientInGame

if(IsClientInGame(client))
{
code
}
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 07-10-2018 , 15:19   Re: [CS:GO] Hook game in background
Reply With Quote #3

What do you mean runs his client in the background? You mean running in console mode?
backwards
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-10-2018 , 19:19   Re: [CS:GO] Hook game in background
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
What do you mean runs his client in the background? You mean running in console mode?
I'm pretty sure he means alt-tabbed.

You can't check this naively in source mod or from the source engine server itself. You would need a way to run code on a client to figure this out normally but through my development of my previous anti-cheats I've discovered a way within CS:GO at least. NetChannels has a virtual function called GetTimeSinceLastReceived. You can use this information to figure out when the game client last sent data to the server along with the GetAvgLoss function to figure out when players are most likely alt tabbed. They will send less info to the server or none in some cases then they would if they were in-game. This is really the only way I believe you can currently do this and it's really hacky.
~lick~
Old 07-11-2018 , 01:47   Re: [CS:GO] Hook game in background
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337norway View Post
I'm pretty sure he means alt-tabbed.

You can't check this naively in source mod or from the source engine server itself. You would need a way to run code on a client to figure this out normally but through my development of my previous anti-cheats I've discovered a way within CS:GO at least. NetChannels has a virtual function called GetTimeSinceLastReceived. You can use this information to figure out when the game client last sent data to the server along with the GetAvgLoss function to figure out when players are most likely alt tabbed. They will send less info to the server or none in some cases then they would if they were in-game. This is really the only way I believe you can currently do this and it's really hacky.
If they have the game minimize i remember others saying OnPlayerRunCmd no longer fires for that client so you could have a timer every 10 seconds check if some one hasn't fired that forward.
backwards
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-11-2018 , 02:40   Re: [CS:GO] Hook game in background
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
If they have the game minimize i remember others saying OnPlayerRunCmd no longer fires for that client so you could have a timer every 10 seconds check if some one hasn't fired that forward.
In CS:GO at least the server seems to be firing the last good known usercmd if no new ones are supplied. This prevents the AirStuck from when you stop sending packets method and also is the reason why when most people timeout they continue walking forwards or backwards into walls constantly. The normal hook for OnRunCommand would still fire in this case so it's not exposed to sourcemod as anything different. Should be a function you can hook prior to see if the RunCommand is being called via normal means after ProcessUserCmds or is being forwarded the most recent usercmd received. It's a good idea just not natively easy in sourcemod as you'd need a custom extension wrote for handling this.

*edit* also I already know you are aware of this, just public discussion so others know if they find this topic

Last edited by backwards; 07-11-2018 at 02:47.
mug1wara
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-11-2018 , 06:01   Re: [CS:GO] Hook game in background
Reply With Quote #7

You could check if the player has pressed alt + tab, I would toggle a boolean, then make it false if the client eg. presses w. (If that's even what you mean, no idea)
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 07-12-2018 , 06:22   Re: [CS:GO] Hook game in background
Reply With Quote #8

Sourcemod cant check a clients actual OS keys.
Old 07-12-2018 , 08:02   Re: [CS:GO] Hook game in background
Reply With Quote #9

Oh, I just asumed you could xd
sry for misleading information!
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 07-12-2018 , 16:43   Re: [CS:GO] Hook game in background
Reply With Quote #10

...well, player cmd rate will drop down under 30 if game window is not focused/active.
Because game start run about 30 FPS when it is in background, inactive.