Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Block trade requests when muted/gagged (Sourcecomms)

Post New Thread Reply   

DarkPyro
Old 10-11-2014 , 13:36   [TF2] Block trade requests when muted/gagged (Sourcecomms)
Reply With Quote #1

I was searching for a plugin that would block a players trade request to someone when he was muted or gagged for an amount of minutes, permanently muted/gagged, or just a temporary gag/mute. It would block the user from making trades with EVERYONE, not just the admins. The gag/muting system that I'm using for extended mutes/gags, permanent gags, or just temporary gags is SourceComms.

I hope this isn't too much to ask for, since my admins accept permamuted/permagagged people's trade requests and actually let them talk to them. for example, threatening to hack their account...

Anyway, I hope this isn't too much to ask for.

Thank you for reading my thread

Last edited by DarkPyro; 10-11-2014 at 13:38.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2014 , 14:02   Re: [TF2] Block trade requests when muted/gagged (Sourcecomms)
Reply With Quote #2

Not possible. Trade requests are handled entirely client-side through Steam.

Last edited by ddhoward; 10-11-2014 at 14:03.
DarkPyro
Old 10-11-2014 , 14:11   Re: [TF2] Block trade requests when muted/gagged (Sourcecomms)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
Not possible. Trade requests are handled entirely client-side through Steam.
So you can't make it so it does disable the person's serverside request on tf2? It seems so possible to block the request on the server

Last edited by DarkPyro; 10-11-2014 at 14:11.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2014 , 14:12   Re: [TF2] Block trade requests when muted/gagged (Sourcecomms)
Reply With Quote #4

There is no such thing as a server-side trade request. They are handled by the clients, and by Steam, 100%. The server is never even informed that a trade request is sent. The server is never even informed that a trade is in progress. The server is completely unrelated to the entire process. The only thing that servers are even made aware of are the items that were traded to any player on the server, AFTER the trade is already done.

Now, if you're talking about this plugin, then yes, it would be possible to remove a gagged player from the list of players on that plugin's menu. However, that doesn't stop them from just pressing Esc, clicking Items, clicking Trading, and sending a request that way.

Last edited by ddhoward; 10-11-2014 at 14:31.
DarkPyro
Old 10-11-2014 , 14:32   Re: [TF2] Block trade requests when muted/gagged (Sourcecomms)
Reply With Quote #5

Okay, thanks for the responses
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-11-2014 , 15:39   Re: [TF2] Block trade requests when muted/gagged (Sourcecomms)
Reply With Quote #6

Report the player if they send trades and talk about hacking accounts - you can access their profile and use the little pull down menu up top right that says MORE... then Report Violation. Valve/Steam has a way to see what they type from a trade request window and so on.
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 10-11-2014 , 17:37   Re: [TF2] Block trade requests when muted/gagged (Sourcecomms)
Reply With Quote #7

Was TF2 handling the trades at one point? I recall a plugin that kicked players if a trade was accepted.

Last edited by Sreaper; 10-11-2014 at 17:38.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 10-11-2014 , 18:05   Re: [TF2] Block trade requests when muted/gagged (Sourcecomms)
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
[...]The only thing that servers are even made aware of are the items that were traded to any player on the server, AFTER the trade is already done.[...]

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 10-11-2014 , 18:21   Re: [TF2] Block trade requests when muted/gagged (Sourcecomms)
Reply With Quote #9

Yes, I already read his original post. I used the word 'was' not 'are' but nice try.
Since he wasn't referring to the past it's not relevant.

I was recalling this plugin's misleading description.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1348265

Last edited by Sreaper; 10-11-2014 at 22:41.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 10-11-2014 , 18:49   Re: [TF2] Block trade requests when muted/gagged (Sourcecomms)
Reply With Quote #10

Okay, since I apparently "try" stuff. oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matheus28 View Post
[...]effectuates[...]

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.