Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[REQ] L4D - teamswitch

Post New Thread Reply   

santaclaus
Old 01-01-2009 , 07:48   [REQ] L4D - teamswitch
Reply With Quote #1

- Admins switch manually players

There's some teamswitch plugins out there, but they don't appear to work with L4D.

KroleG
Old 01-02-2009 , 06:37   Re: [REQ] L4D - teamswitch
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by santaclaus View Post
- Admins switch manually players

There's some teamswitch plugins out there, but they don't appear to work with L4D.
+1, need this plugin
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 01-02-2009 , 16:17   Re: [REQ] L4D - teamswitch
Reply With Quote #3

You can move players to spectator or infected just by using ChangeClientTeam(), but as far as I know you have to do some SDK calls to move someone to survivor and get him to take over a bot. If someone wants to do this, look at the SDK call stuff I do in this plugin. Maybe with the SDK there'll be an easier way.
Ydiss
Old 01-03-2009 , 20:52   Re: [REQ] L4D - teamswitch
Reply With Quote #4

There's a team switching mod (not specific to L4D) that does actually work. We use it on our server (sorry I didn't add it myself so I don't know which one it is).

It works, but you must be careful to move players about one at a time... we moved two teams over whole-sale once and it, of course, ended the round and then spawned 8 survivors on the other team when it restarted

Edit: Here it is. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=67292

We're using this one and, as I said above, it seems to work just fine - providing you are careful with it and don't go spamming lots of team switches in a row. Do one at a time (so move one player to spec, then the other, then shift the first to the other team, then vice versa) and it works absolutely great.

Edit 2: It does work but not when teams are full - that's when bots are spawned. So yes, +1 to this request, we could really use a working team switch mod for L4D.

Last edited by Ydiss; 01-04-2009 at 07:17.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 01-04-2009 , 00:18   Re: [REQ] L4D - teamswitch
Reply With Quote #5

+1
Kigen
BANNED
Old 01-05-2009 , 02:06   Re: [REQ] L4D - teamswitch
Reply With Quote #6

I got some ideas on how it might be possible to switch a person's team and have them take over the body. But I strongly suggest waiting for a SDK as the methods I think of might not be proper for L4D.
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 01-05-2009 , 16:05   Re: [REQ] L4D - teamswitch
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigen View Post
I got some ideas on how it might be possible to switch a person's team and have them take over the body. But I strongly suggest waiting for a SDK as the methods I think of might not be proper for L4D.
As I said, I already have code that does this in my plugin.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2009 , 16:57   Re: [REQ] L4D - teamswitch
Reply With Quote #8

Ok if you don't want to wait for a plugin, you don't really need one... just paste this into your adminmenu_custom.txt.

Code:
	"L4D Team Management"
	{
		"Team Player"
		{
			"cmd"		"sm_fexec #1 #2"
			"1"
			{
				"type" 		"player"
			}
			"2"
			{
				"type"		"list"
				"title"		"Team:"
				"1"		"spectate"
				"1."		"Spectators"
				"2"		"jointeam 2"
				"2."		"Survivors"
				"3"		"jointeam 3"
				"3."		"Infected"
			}
		}
	}
You will need sm_fexec from http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=630439

It works pretty well, just don't try to switch the bots to the other team or the bot's entity seems to get deleted.
Icettiflow
Old 01-05-2009 , 17:33   Re: [REQ] L4D - teamswitch
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydiss View Post
There's a team switching mod (not specific to L4D) that does actually work. We use it on our server (sorry I didn't add it myself so I don't know which one it is).

It works, but you must be careful to move players about one at a time... we moved two teams over whole-sale once and it, of course, ended the round and then spawned 8 survivors on the other team when it restarted

Edit: Here it is. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=67292

We're using this one and, as I said above, it seems to work just fine - providing you are careful with it and don't go spamming lots of team switches in a row. Do one at a time (so move one player to spec, then the other, then shift the first to the other team, then vice versa) and it works absolutely great.

Edit 2: It does work but not when teams are full - that's when bots are spawned. So yes, +1 to this request, we could really use a working team switch mod for L4D.
This has worked for me without issue.

Running L4D on a dedicated Linux Server I was able to force a team switch to survivors, from survivors, empty teams, full teams, you name it. Just move one player to spec, then switch the other's team. The spectator can then fill the other spot.
djromero
Old 01-18-2009 , 02:23   Re: [REQ] L4D - teamswitch
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren View Post
You can move players to spectator or infected just by using ChangeClientTeam(), but as far as I know you have to do some SDK calls to move someone to survivor and get him to take over a bot. If someone wants to do this, look at the SDK call stuff I do in this plugin. Maybe with the SDK there'll be an easier way.
I made the plugin for this.

Fyren, i used your SDK calls .

Here's the link: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=746082

Problem solved. Next.