Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply   

Xsinthis
Old 12-17-2008 , 22:30   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #11

why not use psychostats? or make a plugin so psycho stats can be used? i'm guessing that a certain amount of work has to be done on the psychostats team's side....
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2008 , 22:54   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #12

The biggest reason is that this allows you to run the stats on multiple servers and have them linked. Psychostats is a log reader, where as this is running real-time in-game on the server.
Old 12-17-2008 , 22:59   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #13

you can get psychostats to track more than one server, if thats what you mean.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2008 , 23:07   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #14

Yeah, having multiple servers use the same database. I've also never really used Psychostats so I have no real interest in making a plugin for it. It's a log reader which I am not a real fan of.
Old 12-18-2008 , 07:40   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #15

Interesting stats ideas.
However, on my part I would include things like that :
Separating the stats for campaign or versus mode since the whole gameplay isn't the same at all.
Applying different ratio for level difficulty in the campaign mode based on the real gaming experience and difficulty.

Easy - Stats Multiplied by 0.25
Normal - Stats Multiplied by 0.50 (well basically, a hit from an infected is only 3 hp damage... only body-blocking in fact)
Hard - Stats Multiplied by 0.75
Expert - Stats Multiplied by 1.50 (infected hits ? 3 at most and you're down; also huge difficulty difference between hard and "impossible").

After, it would be good if it's not too bothering to include some special situation in the versus stats :
Such as "heroic mode" where you are for example the only player "left" and you save your 3 other teammates (for example 2 pounced by hunters, one grabbed by a smoker).
Other ratio to include, (to include again the real difficulty) depends on how many survivor alive. (Well, pretty much difficult to survive a whole level with two people against 4 Special infected)
Such as :
4 Survivors = Points for special infected *1
3 Survivors = Points for special infected *1.25
2 Survivors = Points for special infected *1.75
Alone = Points for special infected *2

Trying to leverage the points depends on the difficulty of what you did.
Could be also including some different categories... defense and offence in versus mode, such as stats per map refering the best survivor offence (Most damage to special infected) and best defence (The least damage took from special infected).
Or more specific such as max or min number of players vomited on, etc etc...

I have a lot of other ideas, but does what I just described follows your thoughts ?
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 12-18-2008 , 17:57   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #16

Right now I have the stats be completely disabled in Easy mode. I think Easy is kind of a cop out and people shouldn't be able to stat whore when you basically can't be killed.

As for Versus, I would like to include it (though probably as a seperate plugin), but I'm really not sure what people would be looking for with it.
Old 12-19-2008 , 08:25   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #17

I am waiting for it!!!
waiting release
Crap
Old 12-20-2008 , 04:18   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleeper View Post
Right now I have the stats be completely disabled in Easy mode. I think Easy is kind of a cop out and people shouldn't be able to stat whore when you basically can't be killed.

As for Versus, I would like to include it (though probably as a seperate plugin), but I'm really not sure what people would be looking for with it.
1. I think letting individual admins decide if they want stats for easy or not is best. Not everyone plays games everyday or wants to be "super uber leet and pwn noobs" and believe it or not there are people who have other legitimate reasons for playing easy (various minor handicaps that allow people to play games but maybe just not as awesomely well as others etc.) but all of those people might still like to see various stats. My friends and I play easy a lot because it's fun to be able to shoot the hell out of each other or try to play through only punching etc.

If you're worried about easy screwing up the stats (e.g. people getting the same amount of points as those playing expert and such), you could have the different items worth different points at different difficulties. e.g. survive till the end of a campaign in easy 1 point, normal 2 points, advanced 3 points etc.

2. For versus what I would LOOVE would be FF counts and just all the stats you don't get to see in versus, including somewhat detailed infected stats.
prizegotti
Old 12-22-2008 , 16:51   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #19

any update of a release date for this? sounds like what im looking for.

as for versus, i take it you mean scoring points as infected?

maybe a points/hit system, with a bonus for incap?
dbenoy
Old 12-23-2008 , 15:22   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hor0 View Post
Easy - Stats Multiplied by 0.25
Normal - Stats Multiplied by 0.50 (well basically, a hit from an infected is only 3 hp damage... only body-blocking in fact)
Hard - Stats Multiplied by 0.75
Expert - Stats Multiplied by 1.50 (infected hits ? 3 at most and you're down; also huge difficulty difference between hard and "impossible").
Might want to distribute it the way valve did. It seems that damage is doubled with each level up (along with the health of the tank, etc) so perhaps the points should double too. i.e.

Easy 0.5
Normal 1
Hard 2
Expert 4

Likewise, the penalty for friendly fire (Since you do much more damage on higher levels) should be reduced.

Expert 0.25
Hard 0.5
Normal 1
Easy 2

Last edited by dbenoy; 12-23-2008 at 15:41. Reason: addendum