Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

FF2 [warning] content stealers!!

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Maximilian_
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2021 , 15:04   Re: [warning] content stealers!!

I want to confess to you, guys, I also stole some bosses, should I go to jail?

To be serious: am I not allowed to use the content that is downloaded to me?

Last edited by Maximilian_; 10-11-2021 at 15:10.
FurretX
Old 10-11-2021 , 15:21   Re: [warning] content stealers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian_ View Post

You shouldn’t modify or claim them as your own.
If you would want to modify it, you have to ask the original creator for permission.

And no, of course you won’t go to jail.
Owner of FXFF2

“Nothing will ever work first try.”

Feel free to message me, I’ll respond within a few days.

Last edited by FurretX; 10-11-2021 at 15:21.
Maximilian_
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2021 , 15:48   Re: [warning] content stealers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurretX View Post
If you would want to modify it, you have to ask the original creator for permission.
I and others shoudn't.

By your logic, all FF2 community then should then ask Valve about modifying their models/materials/sounds.

If you letting people download files without any encryption, then you agree with thing, that someone can use them and recreate bosses with their configs and plugins. I can't see any restrictions here.

It always seemed to me that a private boss is when you have your own config and plugin that you don't want to publish (?).

And one thing: FF2 made for fun, but not for making any bothers about who owns the boss or not

Last edited by Maximilian_; 10-11-2021 at 16:01.
FurretX
Old 10-11-2021 , 16:42   Re: [warning] content stealers!!

Quote:
I and others shoudn't.

By your logic, all FF2 community then should then ask Valve about modifying their models/materials/sounds.

If you letting people download files without any encryption, then you agree with thing, that someone can use them and recreate bosses with their configs and plugins. I can't see any restrictions here.

It always seemed to me that a private boss is when you have your own config and plugin that you don't want to publish (?).

And one thing: FF2 made for fun, but not for making any bothers about who owns the boss or not
The point is, people have a reason for making it private. They give it to servers that they trust.
Just because you downloaded something, doesn’t mean you have the right to modify it.
People put hard work into creating bosses and plugins/sub plugins, and stealing/modifying it without crediting them or asking permission is just a terrible move.
Someone will find out, and you will be caught.
Just like this person, Demo samedi, or Frixiu, was caught doing this. That’s the whole reason this post was made. You can see how serious these kinds of things can get.
I would think just by reading the original post that you’d get why stealing/modifying bosses are frowned upon.
Owner of FXFF2

“Nothing will ever work first try.”

Feel free to message me, I’ll respond within a few days.
Maximilian_
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2021 , 16:50   Re: [warning] content stealers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurretX View Post
The point is, people have a reason for making it private. They give it to servers that they trust.
Just because you downloaded something, doesn’t mean you have the right to modify it.
People put hard work into creating bosses and plugins/sub plugins, and stealing/modifying it without crediting them or asking permission is just a terrible move.
Someone will find out, and you will be caught.
Just like this person, Demo samedi, or Frixiu, was caught doing this. That’s the whole reason this post was made. You can see how serious these kinds of things can get.
I would think just by reading the original post that you’d get why stealing/modifying bosses are frowned upon.
This post doesn't makes any sense...
GANGST
Old 10-11-2021 , 18:37   Re: [warning] content stealers!!

Quote:

Hello there Maximilian GANGST here and it's possible that I may have not been to clear with one of the comment that I posted, but I don't mind if people change the CFG of Bonk Girl to fit there server (I may have even encouraged that on my pages) For example, I have recently been working with the owner of SG Gaming's FF2 server to alter Bonk Girl's stats a bit as that server has vastly different stats for the Red Team.

Now when it comes to her sound files, it may be entirely possible that I'm the odd one out from the FF2 community in how I currently have one boss with a full custom soundtrack that is arranged and/or composed by myself rather than finding something online to fit my boss. If people do decide to change or alter Bonk Girl's voice lines I won't mind that. (Also: if they "brake out of character" with the voice lines I may joke about that by saying. "Sheesh, what did you guys do to my hale in this server to make her so uh..... active?) As I said with the first or second thing I posted, if I do notice that the section where it shows the theme(s) and artists of Bonk Girl is missing, while I defiantly won't say they are "stealing" anything, I will probably just ask why that section is not there and if it was was a mistake. Remember, Bonk Girl's soundtrack is more than just a cosmetic thing that is a lot of fun to do, those 4 themes is EVEYTHING I have been learning in my college music classes up to this point as I am currently utilizing FF2 to apply the things I have been learning in my college classes into something that is outside the classroom. (As this game mode allows me to do that) In other words, I'm attempting to get some "Video Game Composition" experience while I'm still young as I have goals on making this into a successful career weather it be a composer for a game, or even something with both TF2 and FF2 themselves.

So to summarize, I am perfectly fine with people editing Bonk Girl's (and any other bosses I make) CFG to better fit their servers, (cough cough SG Gaming's FF2 server) as it is public. Now, when it comes to her sound files, I will always pay closer attention to her music files as I:

1) What I stated before with my college classes
2) Just the simple fact that I did eventually have to purchase the full version of Pro Tools to even be able to make multiple custom themes for both Bonk Girl along with any other hale I may make with a custom theme or full soundtrack. (Pepsiman Wink Wink).

I hope this clear some things up and I'm sorry If I caused any confusion with the first post(s) I sent to this forum.

Come visit my Second/Professional YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe1...VYNnRZxTWyIVjg

Last edited by GANGST; 10-11-2021 at 18:45.
MrSpaps
Old 10-11-2021 , 23:22   Re: [warning] content stealers!!

Quote:
An example.

Basically if I am testing a boss on a server with several other people you'll have to download the model and sounds to see it for yourself on the server before you even join it.

So say I still don't plan on releasing it, but let's say someone took my boss out of their download folder in the tf2 directory, and put it on their PUBLIC server to a huge audience whilst I still have not released it and have not given permission to that person to use or test it.

Plus the boss has the same abilities or a huge resemblance to the one I just tested earlier on the other server, then it's merely a copypaste or rather plagiarism.

Because now most of those people on that server that I did not authorize will believe the people in charge over there are responsible for creating that boss.

Another scenario would be if I just started modifying the original cfg I released a little, someone else takes my tested modifications, and posts them here, or even some new sounds. Same situation as before.

Hope this kind of clears up some things.
LeAlex14
Old 10-12-2021 , 01:30   Re: [warning] content stealers!!

Quote:
Yeah sure, when you spend days and weeks on the project for your super boss and you want to add it on your server for your community and someone just take this shit because he downloads it, wow, it's really fun.

Btw, i go back to your last post where you said "FF2 community needs to ask valve for sounds etc", Man, there is 2 types of content: public and private, public is released for everyone, and when you create and share a game, you need to make it public. Private is just done by 1 person for someone so don't take his work thanks. Btw, you can found a lot of public boss on this forum, so don't steal from other server.

Last edited by LeAlex14; 10-12-2021 at 01:36.
Kolaxie
Old 10-12-2021 , 02:34   Re: [warning] content stealers!!

Quote:
So you mean, by your logic, i can steal something from you, sell it and if you expose me, i can say the item wasn't hidden in a vault.

(Damn, life would suck.)
Maximilian_
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2021 , 07:55   Re: [warning] content stealers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeAlex14 View Post
Yeah sure, when you spend days and weeks on the project for your super boss and you want to add it on your server for your community and someone just take this shit because he downloads it, wow, it's really fun.

Btw, i go back to your last post where you said "FF2 community needs to ask valve for sounds etc", Man, there is 2 types of content: public and private, public is released for everyone, and when you create and share a game, you need to make it public. Private is just done by 1 person for someone so don't take his work thanks. Btw, you can found a lot of public boss on this forum, so don't steal from other server.
When you're uploading your boss to your server and making it fully downloadable (except configs, subplugins and their source codes) - you're making agreement, that it will become public, because these files will be downloaded to clients.

You can stay your plugins and configs at your server and it'll be private, but someone can recreate them.

If someone taking your files to make the same boss, that's means, that they're love it, is this bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolaxie View Post
So you mean, by your logic, i can steal something from you, sell it and if you expose me, i can say the item wasn't hidden in a vault.

(Damn, life would suck.)
No, you misunderstood me, you can't take something from me, because I did not allow. The thought is you're allowing to download bosses files (models, materials, sounds) by yourself. That's your decision

Last edited by Maximilian_; 10-12-2021 at 08:06.
Closed Thread