Admin Sounds 1.2.2

Post New Thread Reply   

GrO
Veteran Member
Old 04-09-2017 , 05:30   Re: Admin Sounds 1.2.2
Reply With Quote #331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
When I type sm_admin_sounds_menu no menu shows up. If I do sm_admin_sounds_list, however, it works and I get a list of the sound files I have.

Isn't there a command to play a sound, rather than having to go through the menu? At any rate, the menu isn't loading. Why?

Help.
It worked fine for me about 2 years ago.

Does the menu work from the Admin-Menu (sm_admin)?

You can use SourceMod for the sounds, but store'em in simple dirs (i.e. "cstrike\download\sound\1\1.mp3; ...\1\2.mp3" etc.) or directly in the "sound" folder (...\sound\1.mp3; ...\sound\2.mp3; ...\sound\3.mp3; etc.), because you'll have to copy or write a relative directory behind the "sound" folder. It means every folder/subfolder after the "sound" one will have to be written to the Chat or Console including the "...\filename.mp3".

You can play'em using the Chat or Console, just remember the difference in syntax (Chat: /cmd param; Console: sm_cmd param):

Con: sm_play @all 1\1.mp3 or sm_play @all 1.mp3
Chat: /play @all "1\1.mp3" or /play @all "1.mp3"

Instead of @all you can use:
@dead
@spec
@me

(...the full list of targets and commands).

Remember that you still need the Admin Sounds Plugin (or some other plugin creating download tables) to make your files downloadable for connecting players. No one will hear nothing, when they won't be able to download your sound files.

You can use BINDS for the most popular sound files.

Have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsGoodMan View Post
Getting those errors in console:

Code:
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ sound\vipsounds\airhorn.mp3 ]
Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ sound\vipsounds\airhorn.mp3 ]
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ sound\vipsounds\airhorn.mp3 ]
Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ sound\vipsounds\airhorn.mp3 ]
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'sound\vipsounds\airhorn.mp3'.
Everything is precached, paths are correct, uploaded correctly to fastdl+server and all that stuff. I see several people with the same problem as me (not playing any sounds), but i see no real specific resolution to the issue?

I have searched and tested multiple things including several extensions, cvars, sv_pure+whitelist and sv_pure 0 and no white list etc. Help would be appreciated. I'm quite tired so the chances of me missing something simple could be high, idk.
Did you try sv_pure 1 + "pure_server_whitelist.txt" (a new type of whitelist located in a "cfg" folder)?

Some things have changed after the Steam-Pipe massive update. Below is my whitelist I was using +/- 2 years ago, I hope nothing has changed in a meantime:

pure_server_whitelist.txt

server.cfg

Don't worry about my RCON, I don't manage any server atm.

Last edited by GrO; 04-29-2017 at 12:40. Reason: ...spelling.
Michael Knight
Old 05-02-2017 , 09:20   Re: Admin Sounds 1.2.2
Reply With Quote #332

Hi...

I have the problem that if some of the dead admins plays a sound, it can only be heard close
to the place where the person has been killed.

How can i change that to the option that everybody can hear that sound?!

Cheers

Michael Knight
Send a message via ICQ to Michael Knight
GrO
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2017 , 03:34   Re: Admin Sounds 1.2.2
Reply With Quote #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Knight View Post
Hi...

I have the problem that if some of the dead admins plays a sound, it can only be heard close
to the place where the person has been killed.

How can i change that to the option that everybody can hear that sound?!

Cheers

Michael Knight
Be more careful, while adding and configuring plugins, because this plugin just plays sounds to everyone no emitter mode was used. Describing it correctly the plugin just tells your game to play defined sound file you've downloaded to your disk while connecting to a server.

Last edited by GrO; 05-03-2017 at 10:00.
Colonel Mustard
Old 06-09-2017 , 01:21   Re: Admin Sounds 1.2.2
Reply With Quote #334

So I have this on my 2 servers and the plugin on the older american server works just fine and i can add songs/sounds without any problem and they work just fine but on my newer european server for some reason lately none of the songs i put on there even download from the server let alone play.

Every time I join i have to "redownload" the same song but it never plays and it says this 'Failed to load sound "admin_plugin\bud.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository'. And it says this even though the sound is in all the places it needs to be and the soundlist.txt file has all the correct stuff on it.

What could be happening?
GrO
Veteran Member
Old 06-10-2017 , 07:37   Re: Admin Sounds 1.2.2
Reply With Quote #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Mustard View Post
So I have this on my 2 servers and the plugin on the older american server works just fine and i can add songs/sounds without any problem and they work just fine but on my newer european server for some reason lately none of the songs i put on there even download from the server let alone play.

Every time I join i have to "redownload" the same song but it never plays and it says this 'Failed to load sound "admin_plugin\bud.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository'. And it says this even though the sound is in all the places it needs to be and the soundlist.txt file has all the correct stuff on it.

What could be happening?
Read this first and tell me if you've respected the new style of content distribution system called SteamPipe, or you're using the same settings and the same folder structure for both servers and for the new EU server's Fast-Download FTP?

Last edited by GrO; 06-10-2017 at 07:41.
dyxL
Old 06-24-2017 , 13:03   Re: Admin Sounds 1.2.2
Reply With Quote #336

getting Cant create mixer i read https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=237045 here but i couldnt fix it
Jte One
Old 02-05-2018 , 05:24   Re: Admin Sounds 1.2.2
Reply With Quote #337

Hello,

I install the adminsounds 1.2.2 plugin and it does not work at all.

I went to see more in the post to maybe find a new .smx.
I install the new version of one of the last post but same problem it does not work at all.

We are in the console there is this message:

27 <Error> "Admin Sounds" (1.0.1) by dalto
Errors:
adminsounds.smx (Admin Sounds): Error detected in plugin startup (see error logs)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Cordially JteOne
GrO
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2018 , 08:09   Re: Admin Sounds 1.2.2
Reply With Quote #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jte One View Post
We are in the console there is this message:

27 <Error> "Admin Sounds" (1.0.1) by dalto
It says You have version 1.0.1 installed not 1.2.2, take a closer look to Your server files.
Old 12-31-2019 , 07:56   Re: Admin Sounds 1.2.2
Reply With Quote #339

bonjour, j ai essayé avec des fréquences de son différents des fichier différents mp3 et wav et j ai toujours ce message d'erreur d’après vous a quoi cela correspond?

exemple :

MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ sound\cheater.mp3 ]
Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ sound\cheater.mp3 ]
MP3 initialized with no sound cache, this may cause janking. [ sound\cheater.mp3 ]
Failed to create decoder for MP3 [ sound\cheater.mp3 ]
*** Invalid sample rate (0) for sound 'sound\cheater.mp3'

sound list cfg :

"Admin Sounds"
{
"Sounds"
{
"cheater"
{
"file" "sound/cheater.mp3"

je retrouve bien le sons écrit dans le menu

le son est mis dans cstrike/sound/leson.mp3