Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 16.0112)

Post New Thread Reply   

Dyl0n
Old 05-08-2013 , 14:35   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0503)
Reply With Quote #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
I am unable to create a scenario where the objective blocker doesn't work. :\ Is anyone else able to duplicate this supposed bug?
I don't think friagram read what the plugin does? Everything that he mentioned is already taken care of except for the things you mentioned.

Last edited by Dyl0n; 05-08-2013 at 14:37.
sheng
Old 05-08-2013 , 19:37   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0503)
Reply With Quote #132

How i can set the limit to how much players can be friendly? because certain times ALL the people comes to friendly mode and nobody plays the game, so I can limit, sorry for my english, grettings !
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2013 , 01:50   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0503)
Reply With Quote #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl0n View Post
I don't think friagram read what the plugin does? Everything that he mentioned is already taken care of except for the things you mentioned.
If you read earlier posts on this thread i showed the op how to do things/ add features. On other threads as well. My response was more of a catch all.

Again, you can allow hitscan bullets to pass through, and other things mentioned in earlier posts.

Last edited by friagram; 05-09-2013 at 01:50.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2013 , 02:23   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0503)
Reply With Quote #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
and other things mentioned in earlier posts.
Can you explain how I can get Jarate/MadMilk/Cleavers/Grenades/SandmanBalls/WrapAssassinBalls/Stickies to pass through Friendly players? (Other than touching m_CollisionGroup, I mean.)

Your "catch-all" comment led me to spend three hours trying to find a bug that doesn't exist, lol.

Last edited by ddhoward; 05-09-2013 at 02:31.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2013 , 14:43   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0503)
Reply With Quote #135

I am still getting lots of these error lines in my log:

Code:
 05/09/2013 - 16:39:32: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "TF2_friendly.smx":
L 05/09/2013 - 16:39:32: [SM]   [0]  Line 566, friendly.sp::OnFlagTouch()
L 05/09/2013 - 16:39:32: [SM] Plugin encountered error 15: Array index is out of bounds
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2013 , 17:39   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0503)
Reply With Quote #136

It's odd, I'm not getting that error myself, at all, but I put in a player validation check anyway, around 2 days ago. Should be uploading new version later tonight.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 05-10-2013 , 02:26   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0503)
Reply With Quote #137

Uploading new version 13.0509. It is attached to this post, has been pushed to the server that Updater downloads from, and will soon replace the version in the first post in this thread. Changes are:
  • On plugin load, engie buildings that already exist will be properly hooked.

• Added cvars:
    • sm_friendly_ammopack with default value of 1. When enabled, Friendly players will be unable to pick up dropped weapon ammo pickups, ammo boxes, or Sandman balls.
    • sm_friendly_healthpack with default value of 1. When enabled, Friendly players will be unable to pick up Sandviches or health boxes.
    • sm_friendly_money with default value of 1. When enabled, Friendly players will be unable to pick up MvM money.
    • sm_friendly_pumpkin with default value of 1. When enabled, Friendly players will be unable to destroy pumpkin bombs.
    • sm_friendly_airblastkill with default value of 1. When enabled, whenever a projectile is created by a Friendly player, then airblasted by a non-Friendly pyro, the projectile will disappear. This prevents non-Friendlies from creating objects which enemy pyros can use to harm non-Friendly players.
    • sm_friendly_maxfriendlies with default value of 32. This cvar dictates how many players can be simultaneously Friendly. Admins who have used sm_friendly_admin can bypass this limitation.

• Fixed a few bugs

• Changed how sm_friendly_noblock_* cvars work. The first post will be updated soon with the appropriate information.

• Upon touching a supply cabinet, features of friendly mode will be reapplied to the friendly player (such as transparency, overlay.)

• Friendly players can no longer destroy laid stickies

• All applicable cvars toggle/change effects instantly, without a need to leave/enter Friendly mode.

• Lowered default value of alpha cvars; players are now more see-through by default.

• Added "defaults" 1-6 to sm_friendly_overlay. Anything other than 0 - 6 placed into this cvar will be interpreted as a path to an overlay to display to Friendly players.

Please let me know if you run into any issues. Please also consider installing Updater if you haven't already!
Attached Files
File Type: smx friendly.smx (29.5 KB, 65 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (friendly.sp - 71 views - 65.8 KB)
File Type: cfg friendly.cfg (18.5 KB, 64 views)
Scipizoa
Old 05-10-2013 , 02:40   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0503)
Reply With Quote #138

hey great features, as always I did have a suggestion for a later update, let me explain.

as i am a server owner i see people dueling on my server all the time, the biggest headache i have is people interrupting the duel by killing one of the duelists. my suggestion here is simple, add a feature where players can type !fduel [friendly duel] a menu pops up and the player selects the person he intends to have a duel with, the plugin then confirms this with said other player, what happens here is both players are placed into a special friendly mode[with a different type of visualization] where nothing can hurt them but each other, I know its a stretch but since your so involved with this plugins evolution I figured this would be something that could be implmeneted.

If not disregard it, ;)

ZaBaGaBe Gaming Community: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ZBGB
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 05-10-2013 , 03:03   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0509)
Reply With Quote #139

Such a dueling mode would share almost NO coding with the rest of the plugin. It should be a different smx, a different plugin.

I'm fairly certain that I recently saw a plugin on here that facilitates 1v1 dueling. I'll see if I can't find it.

found it
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=200900

Last edited by ddhoward; 05-10-2013 at 03:22.
sheng
Old 05-10-2013 , 16:56   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 13.0509)
Reply With Quote #140

With the taunt of the sniper em "STAVE STAVE, STAVE" they can freeze the players but dont kill it, so its pretty anoying, Em and sorry if I Dindnt Express well, Here is an image

Quote:
So the first snipe do the taunt, dosent kill it, but the other sniper also do the same taunt, so it keeps freezing the player.