Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Dedicated Server Problem

Post New Thread Reply   

Duetta
Old 04-12-2010 , 05:59   Dedicated Server Problem
Reply With Quote #1

Hi There. hopefuly some of your guys can help me with this problem. i have setted up a dedicated counter-strike source server with source mod eg. everything works fine i can join the server my friens can join the server.

theres just one very strange thing some times the server stops working and i need to change the port number i mean the server runs on port 2015 then it stops working then i change port number to 27016 and its working again.

an other problem too is that some people cant join the server for some strange reason its just says Not responding but the server is up and online.

I have checked all ports they are totaly open, even tryed with out my firewall on same problem.

the console is writting something about AR2 Print bad challenge. i mannaged to fix this with sv_region set to 255.

The server is not on the master server either. ive tryed everything.
Does any body know whats wrong here.

Darest

Duetta
Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2010 , 15:25   Re: Dedicated Server Problem
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duetta View Post
Hi There. hopefuly some of your guys can help me with this problem. i have setted up a dedicated counter-strike source server with source mod eg. everything works fine i can join the server my friens can join the server.

theres just one very strange thing some times the server stops working and i need to change the port number i mean the server runs on port 2015 then it stops working then i change port number to 27016 and its working again.

an other problem too is that some people cant join the server for some strange reason its just says Not responding but the server is up and online.

I have checked all ports they are totaly open, even tryed with out my firewall on same problem.

the console is writting something about AR2 Print bad challenge. i mannaged to fix this with sv_region set to 255.

The server is not on the master server either. ive tryed everything.
Does any body know whats wrong here.

Darest

Duetta
The "A2C_PRINT from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Bad challenge" message is a failure of the master server. There's a crontab plugin somewhere that you can use to do "setmaster add masterip" every couple minutes which will fix the problem. Google is your friend here, just search for a2c_print
Duetta
Old 04-17-2010 , 02:24   Re: Dedicated Server Problem
Reply With Quote #3

I have successfyl stopped th a2c print, it was a DDoS attack against the server, but im stil having same problem, server does not show up in master list, but people can still connect and play on it if i give the the ip to the severe, either does it show up on gametiger.com but if you search the adress (IP) of the server it find the server the ip just shows up but with some strange port. vrely don't know whats going on here. very strange.
omgitsme
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2010 , 03:55   Re: Dedicated Server Problem
Reply With Quote #4

i had the same problem that it would'ent show in master server list. i had it in my favorites and the ping was 30, i went to search for it, and after 10 miniutes i found it with 300+ ping. so it was beecause of the ping, some people might be able to find it.
Old 04-19-2010 , 05:28   Re: Dedicated Server Problem
Reply With Quote #5

Somthing very strange is going on here. the server is up and online, people can connect to the sever on the correct port 27015 i have set the router in DMZ mode, and the linux console says that it is adding the master servers. also i get connection to steam servers successful but the server is not on the master list have even tryed set the ping to 600 no luck, no bady can sees it, only if they are adding it as a favorit.

Does any body has same problem?