Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] MGEMod (v2.0.3, 4/19/13)

Post New Thread Reply   

FudgePoly
Old 04-08-2012 , 10:43   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v1.0.3, 3/19/12)
Reply With Quote #101

Lange, could you add a simple matchmaking system? As in, a player can use !add and choose a quickplay option to join the first arena that has only 1 player in it. This will allow people to pair up easily with random partners if many people are connected and remove some unnecessary manual labour (even if it's not very hard work to look for a partner manually).
Lange
Old 04-08-2012 , 12:36   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v1.0.3, 3/19/12)
Reply With Quote #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameless View Post
Can anyone assist me with the WebUI? I've uploaded it to a subdirectory and properly edited the config.php but it doesn't populate with the data. When I run the queries in phpmyadmin they return the rows just fine. And when I run a sample connection function using the values it connects to the database just fine, so I can't seem to pinpoint the issue. Here is the link so you can see what I am referring to. http://www.pulpfortress.com/mgestats/ I am just hoping that someone else might have run into this and knows what's up.
Add me on steam and I'll take a look if you don't mind giving me access: http://steamcommunity.com/id/langeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FudgePoly View Post
Lange, could you add a simple matchmaking system? As in, a player can use !add and choose a quickplay option to join the first arena that has only 1 player in it. This will allow people to pair up easily with random partners if many people are connected and remove some unnecessary manual labour (even if it's not very hard work to look for a partner manually).
Its already in the plugin, just type "!first" to be taken to the quickest available arena (if no fast arenas are found it will just display the menu). Though be warned right now it is buggy in that if you are currently in an arena when you do it, it will not function as intended. It only works if you are not currently in an arena.
FudgePoly
Old 04-08-2012 , 13:03   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v1.0.3, 3/19/12)
Reply With Quote #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange View Post
Its already in the plugin, just type "!first" to be taken to the quickest available arena (if no fast arenas are found it will just display the menu). Though be warned right now it is buggy in that if you are currently in an arena when you do it, it will not function as intended. It only works if you are not currently in an arena.
Could you have an update including it in the !mgemod/!add menu? It'd be most welcome, my players don't know of that command.
Lange
Old 04-08-2012 , 13:05   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v1.0.3, 3/19/12)
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by FudgePoly View Post
Could you have an update including it in the !mgemod/!add menu? It'd be most welcome, my players don't know of that command.
The purpose of !first is to bypass the menu. I will not be adding it.
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 04-08-2012 , 22:38   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v1.0.3, 3/19/12)
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameless View Post
Can anyone assist me with the WebUI? I've uploaded it to a subdirectory and properly edited the config.php but it doesn't populate with the data. When I run the queries in phpmyadmin they return the rows just fine. And when I run a sample connection function using the values it connects to the database just fine, so I can't seem to pinpoint the issue. Here is the link so you can see what I am referring to. http://www.pulpfortress.com/mgestats/ I am just hoping that someone else might have run into this and knows what's up.
I discovered a few spots in teh WebUI that prevented the site from working. I will post the changes I had to make below in order to get it to work with our setup. Based on what the changes are, I suspect that everyone would have to make the same changes in order to get things going.

Code:
  • Edited mgeapi/object.php Changed line 37:
    • From: $conn = mysql_connect(($this->host.":".$this->mysql_port), $this->mysql_user, $this->mysql_pass);
    • To: $conn = mysql_connect(($this->mysql_host.":".$this->mysql_port), $this->mysql_user, $this->mysql_pass);
  • Edited dynamic.php Changed lines 549,600,740,785,828,994:
    • Changed the variable From: $mysql_server
    • To: $mysql_host
I hope this helps others.
Jstn7477
Old 04-09-2012 , 19:44   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v1.0.3, 3/19/12)
Reply With Quote #106

Hmm, my WebUI has worked properly since I installed it a couple days ago, although it takes a few minutes to load a player's profile for some reason. Other than that the recent duels and players list functions seem to work. I'm just using NFO's webhosting and the built-in database function they provide. Should I still make the changes anyway?
Veteran Member
Old 04-09-2012 , 19:48   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v1.0.3, 3/19/12)
Reply With Quote #107

The WebUI would work perfectly if the database is on the same server as the website. Because when it couldn't find the value specified by the variable it would default to localhost. So if you ever move your database to a remote location you will want to make the changes. But if they are on the same server it's a moot point. In any case I believe Lange plans to merge the changes into the WebUI so new downloads should contain the proper code.
Lange
Old 04-09-2012 , 19:57   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v1.0.3, 3/19/12)
Reply With Quote #108

Yeah if you run the WebUI off the same server as the MySQL database, then the changes aren't necessary.

Jameless' changes have been committed to the repository, and the downloadable .zip will be updated later tonight after I'm back from class.
Jstn7477
Old 04-10-2012 , 12:42   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v1.0.3, 3/19/12)
Reply With Quote #109

Sounds good. Aside from the things I mentioned previously, MGE 1.0.3 + WebUI seems to be working great and players are enjoying it (even more than 0.0.5 I suppose, which I was running until I stumbled upon your repositories as I had no idea there were newer versions). I still need to get my SOAP server going, but I'm glad you are keeping these great mods maintained. Thanks!
Old 04-10-2012 , 13:26   Re: [TF2] MGEMod (v1.0.4, 4/10/12)
Reply With Quote #110

1.0.4 released. OP has been updated with changelog.