Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Player Unstick

Post New Thread Reply   

CUatTHEFINISH
Old 11-25-2009 , 21:33   Re: [L4D2] Player Unstick
Reply With Quote #21

I'll add it to my to-do list, should be pretty simple. I'll include that once I get confirmation from people using 1.0.2 that the plugin is working as intended across the board. Great ideas .silence.
Old 11-26-2009 , 02:11   Re: [L4D2] Player Unstick
Reply With Quote #22

got stuck 3 times 2day and it works very nice so far =] Thanx
Old 11-26-2009 , 03:49   Re: [L4D2] Player Unstick
Reply With Quote #23

Yep, I was coming back to post, it looks like it's working great. I just had one of my friends get stuck during the finale and it got him out. Time to start adding those left over features, but other than that, 1.0.2 is working flawlessly.

EDIT: Added admin feature and reduced the teleport distance. The code is also cleaned up and there's pretty much not anything left to do with it. I'd like to sometime implement a snare check in the next version, but from what I have tested thus far, this plugin hasn't caused any snares to break from abuse. 1.0.3 is available in the OP

Last edited by CUatTHEFINISH; 11-26-2009 at 05:51. Reason: Updated OP to 1.0.3
madcap
Old 11-26-2009 , 09:58   Re: [L4D2] Player Unstick
Reply With Quote #24

Would it be possible to get a delay of maybe a 2-3 seconds between entering the command and applying the teleport? This way people couldn't use the command to help dodge hunter pounces, charges, etc.
cigs
Old 11-26-2009 , 15:02   Re: [L4D2] Player Unstick
Reply With Quote #25

I don't know why but the annoucement is shown 2 times instead of 1, which didn't happen in previous version.
[-NM-] cal70d
Old 11-26-2009 , 15:06   Re: [L4D2] Player Unstick
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap View Post
Would it be possible to get a delay of maybe a 2-3 seconds between entering the command and applying the teleport? This way people couldn't use the command to help dodge hunter pounces, charges, etc.
That is my worry in using this plugin. Abuse. I know that is the reason for the limited times per map, but still seems to be open for abuse. Both by pubbers and admins.

What about an admin flag, so only trusted admins could use it?
Not the root flag (I don't hand many of those out, so one of us may not be playing), but a custom flag (maybe s).

I also wonder about what happens to a player hanging off a ledge when they use this? Do they drop, standup, or just move along the ledge? Again, seems open to abuse.
CUatTHEFINISH
Old 11-26-2009 , 15:29   Re: [L4D2] Player Unstick
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigs View Post
I don't know why but the annoucement is shown 2 times instead of 1, which didn't happen in previous version.
Hmmm, It may have something to do with me moving it to OnMapStart. I'll move it back to OnPluginLoad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [-NM-] cal70d View Post
That is my worry in using this plugin. Abuse. I know that is the reason for the limited times per map, but still seems to be open for abuse. Both by pubbers and admins.

What about an admin flag, so only trusted admins could use it?
Not the root flag (I don't hand many of those out, so one of us may not be playing), but a custom flag (maybe s).
That would ruin some of the value of this plugin though. What if an admin isn't present on the server? I run a couple of publics which I'm hardly ever in. Pubbers need to be able to unstick themselves if need be. The sm_unstick command does have a generic admin flag on it, though. I think I like madcap's idea of delaying the teleport a second or two for the !stuck command. I'll experiment with that right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [-NM-] cal70d View Post
I also wonder about what happens to a player hanging off a ledge when they use this? Do they drop, standup, or just move along the ledge? Again, seems open to abuse.
As far as I've tested it seems you remain hanging once you're hanging, even if you're teleported during. It's the same deal with trying to noclip when already snared by the smoker's tongue. You can't noclip out of it. EDIT: Well you know what. I just noticed. You can fall off with this command if hanging, but not if you're being picked up. I'll check into that more.

EDIT 2: Adding a check for ledge hanging, it won't allow you to use !stuck when doing so. I'll add the timer here when I got back later tonight.

Last edited by CUatTHEFINISH; 11-26-2009 at 16:45.
CUatTHEFINISH
Old 11-26-2009 , 20:03   Re: [L4D2] Player Unstick
Reply With Quote #28

Double post (sorry). 1.0.4 is released. Thank you for the continuous feedback and ideas guys.

Quote:
Change log:
  • Version 1.0.4
    • Fixed double announcement bug
    • Added a 3 second delay to the user !stuck command (admin cmd has no delay)
    • Added a check to prevent hanging players from using !stuck and causing them to fall
Old 11-26-2009 , 20:19   Re: [L4D2] Player Unstick
Reply With Quote #29

Thanks for the quick response and hard work. Glad you added the hanging check and the timer.

I understand your point about pubbers, but I admin a couple of steamgroup exclusive servers.
We are a smallish group and everyone has basic admin rights, so there is rarely a time that there is not an admin on the server when it's in use.

So, if I set l4d2unstick_teleports to 0 and l42unstick_announce to 0, I should get the admin exclusivity that I want.
Admins should still be able to use the command, but pubbers won't.
I'm assuming that admins have unlimited uses of the command.
Also, if unstick_teleports is set to 0, can admins still use !stuck on themselves?

Going to give it a try on one of our servers tonight. Will report back what I find out.
CUatTHEFINISH
Old 11-26-2009 , 20:22   Re: [L4D2] Player Unstick
Reply With Quote #30

Correct, if clients tried to use the !stuck command it would tell them they are out of teleports because they are given 0. Admin clients are currently bound by this as well.

However, the admin command isn't tethered by that limitation so sm_unstick can be used on clients who don't have any teleports left. It also currently ignores the ledge check, I didn't see it necessary to have in for an admin command.

Last edited by CUatTHEFINISH; 11-26-2009 at 20:50.