Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Sourcemod Stops Logging

Post New Thread Reply   

Dravu
Old 11-14-2011 , 23:00   Sourcemod Stops Logging
Reply With Quote #1

For the past two days, two of our servers have been issues with the Sourcemod logs. At seemingly random times, Sourcemod just up and stops logging both to the regular log file as well as the error log file. The only way to fix the problem is to restart the server. Nothing else is accessing or locking the files and the servers' main logs (/orangebox/tf/logs/) aren't affected. Is there any way to debug the problem or restart the logging? Reloading Sourcemod obviously isn't an option.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 11-15-2011 , 00:48   Re: Sourcemod Stops Logging
Reply With Quote #2

I have this as well. I should also note I haven't tried to solve it, either.
Dravu
Old 11-15-2011 , 01:34   Re: Sourcemod Stops Logging
Reply With Quote #3

There's nothing in common where the log files stop and nothing in the main logs that would indicate any issues. At the times Sourcemod stopped logging, nobody was logged into our server (physical, not gameserver) through any method (FTP, RDP, etc) either. I don't know what else to investigate, but at least I'm not alone.
Dravu
Old 11-16-2011 , 00:42   Re: Sourcemod Stops Logging
Reply With Quote #4

I recoded one of my plugins to write to its own log file instead of the main one and even though it'd create the file for it, it refused to write to it.

Last edited by Dravu; 11-16-2011 at 00:43.
Dravu
Old 11-20-2011 , 18:25   Re: Sourcemod Stops Logging
Reply With Quote #5

I tried changing the RCON pass just to be sure, but nothing. I also upgraded the servers to Sourcemod v1.4.1 and ran them with administrator privileges and still nothing. The past two days, both servers stopped logging after after a map change (which map change is random), but it might've just been a coincidence.

Anybody have any ideas I can try?
Dravu
Old 11-24-2011 , 17:34   Re: Sourcemod Stops Logging
Reply With Quote #6

This appears to have been because of a plugin being too SQL intensive oddly enough. I'm going to work on rewriting parts of it to keep Sourcemod content. Not sure why the MySQL interface likes to keep giving me trouble.
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 11-25-2011 , 03:04   Re: Sourcemod Stops Logging
Reply With Quote #7

Can you write a simple plugin that intentionally causes this and post it in a bug report?
Dravu
Old 11-25-2011 , 21:30   Re: Sourcemod Stops Logging
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren View Post
Can you write a simple plugin that intentionally causes this and post it in a bug report?
I can attempt to. I've also had problems in the past where plugins losing connection to the SQL server multiple times would eventually go unstable and stop working entirely. Reloading them would crash the server. I'll see if I can manually cause that as well.
Dravu
Old 12-09-2011 , 02:56   Re: Sourcemod Stops Logging
Reply With Quote #9

To update this, I found out that it actually wasn't the SQL interface. My plugin had a memory leak that I didn't notice. Whenever I'd execute a query, I'd shove it in a DataPack so that whenever a SQL query would produce an error, I could put the exact query in the error logs. Unfortunately, I only closed the handle whenever an error actually happened, so after a couple thousand queries, Sourcemod would unload the plugin. Little did Sourcemod know that when you unload my plugin, it sends a few queries to the SQL server. Apparently that little tid bit made Sourcemod shit itself and stop logging altogether.