Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Release SourceBans++ (v1.6.4) [Updated: 2021-10-06]

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

friagram
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2015 , 22:31   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

The problem is that admin flatfile uses smc, which is case sensitive.
Keyvalues can write a similar structure, but keyvalues is not case sensitive, so when it is written, the values can be set to lowercase.. Then when it is read in by the flatfile, it skips "groups" because its not "Groups". This could also happen with other sections like "Admins". A simple bandaid fix is to make the flatfile read them in case insensitive as well.

A proper fix would involve rewriting sourcebans to use smc instead of keyvalues, though I doubt anyone wants to do it. It is not a big deal for the sourcemod team to also edit the flatfile to make it case-insensitive in future releases, as case is not important in this case. However, I have no idea if they will actually do this. Another fix may be to create a unique name each time when creating keyvalues (use a timestamp or something), so an existing keyvalue can't exist and case will be preserved. Not sure if this works, but might. I don't play with keyvalues too much.
NeoxX
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2015 , 11:27   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Hello pls fix this!

web_upload/install/template/page.5.php line 23.

Your error: $STEAMAPIKEY = "{steamapikey}"; // Steam API Key for Shizz

Use this: define('STEAMAPIKEY','{steamapikey}'); // Steam API Key for Shizz

Greetings Neoxx

Last edited by NeoxX; 07-12-2015 at 12:08.
Sarabveer
Veteran Member
Old 07-12-2015 , 12:30   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoxX View Post
Hello pls fix this!

web_upload/install/template/page.5.php line 23.

Your error: $STEAMAPIKEY = "{steamapikey}"; // Steam API Key for Shizz

Use this: define('STEAMAPIKEY','{steamapikey}'); // Steam API Key for Shizz

Greetings Neoxx
Whats wrong with it?
Old 07-12-2015 , 17:44   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_luck View Post
Hi,

I have a question, who i can edit the name of the Buttons "Dashboard, Servers etc."
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 07-12-2015 , 19:01   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

I have a question, who i can edit the name of the Buttons "Dashboard, Servers etc."
It doesn't seem to be a question since you didn't add a question mark in the end.

However, if you did care enough about your issue - you would have tried the Search function, in which case you could have found Translation for webpanel which provides the answer to your question, as well as all other questions related to "changing text".

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
stickz
Old 07-15-2015 , 23:56   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Suggestions
-Add ip address support to sourcecomms
-Extend SourceSleuth to cover sourcecomms
-Add support to silence avoiders instead of ban
-Convert convars to new polymorphic method (aka transition syntax)
-GetFeatureStatus() and check availability before calling natives from other plugins
-Change translations to newer folder method
-use #tryinclude (instead of #include) after #undef REQUIRE_PLUGIN (web compiler support)
-define constants labeling what you're doing instead of just putting numbers in switches

Last edited by stickz; 07-16-2015 at 00:06.
jpwanabe
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2015 , 01:57   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

I have a few questions.

Does this offer anything new over the current official release(other then source coms) or is it mostly bug fixes?

And If I already have source coms installed, is there a different install method or is it still drag and drop?

Also does anyone have a link to someone running this so I can check it out?

Last edited by jpwanabe; 07-16-2015 at 01:59.
Sarabveer
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2015 , 09:26   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwanabe View Post
I have a few questions.

Does this offer anything new over the current official release(other then source coms) or is it mostly bug fixes?

And If I already have source coms installed, is there a different install method or is it still drag and drop?

Also does anyone have a link to someone running this so I can check it out?
1. Look at the Changelog

2. SourceComms is preinstalled. All you need to do is install the webpanel and the plugin. And add "SourceBans" into your databases.cfg
Old 07-16-2015 , 09:28   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarabveer View Post
2. SourceComms is preinstalled. All you need to do is install the webpanel and the plugin. And add "SourceBans" into your databases.cfg
Not what I asked. I already have sourcecomms installed. Is it still drag and drop to install, or do I remove the sourcecomms I have installed first?
Sarabveer
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2015 , 09:31   Re: [Release] SourceBans-Fork 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwanabe View Post
Not what I asked. I already have sourcecomms installed. Is it still drag and drop to install, or do I remove the sourcecomms I have installed first?
The plugin, yes. You can also remove the "SourceComms" entry from the config since that isnt needed anymore.