Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Survivor Thirdperson (1.9) [11-Dec-2022]

Post New Thread Reply   

Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 04-05-2020 , 02:29   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Thirdperson (1.4) [01-Apr-2020]
Reply With Quote #31

Every server start? What is the value of "l4d2_third_modes_tog" and which gamemode does server start with? Did you update from an older version and only now the problems happening with 1.4? This is a strange error to happen at that place in the code.
Old 04-05-2020 , 12:24   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Thirdperson (1.4) [01-Apr-2020]
Reply With Quote #32

There is a problematic bug with this plugin that I have known for quite a bit but kept forgetting to report. By using the third person from this plugin, you can shoot a mounted gun in all directions, even from behind. Found this problem some time ago and had to remove the plugin because of it, cause it was basically a cheat.
sxslmk
Old 04-05-2020 , 23:49   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Thirdperson (1.4) [01-Apr-2020]
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Every server start? What is the value of "l4d2_third_modes_tog" and which gamemode does server start with? Did you update from an older version and only now the problems happening with 1.4? This is a strange error to happen at that place in the code.
My fault. I set "l4d2_third_modes_tog" to 1 but not define gamemode in server.cfg. Set "l4d2_third_modes_tog" to 0 fixed it.

Last edited by sxslmk; 04-05-2020 at 23:54.
Silvers
Old 04-05-2020 , 23:56   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Thirdperson (1.4) [01-Apr-2020]
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxslmk View Post
My fault. I set "l4d2_third_modes_tog" to 1 but not define gamemode in server.cfg. Set "l4d2_third_modes_tog" to 0 fix it.
That's not the problem, it doesn't matter if gamemode is not set there will be a default one on start. It's creating an entity to determine the gamemode exactly instead of comparing the mp_gamemodes cvar string. Tog 0 will fix because its no longer creating the entity, but that error shouldn't occur in the first place. I will look into it more. Windows/Linux server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101192 View Post
There is a problematic bug with this plugin that I have known for quite a bit but kept forgetting to report. By using the third person from this plugin, you can shoot a mounted gun in all directions, even from behind. Found this problem some time ago and had to remove the plugin because of it, cause it was basically a cheat.
This can easily be fixed. I just tested and the gun doesn't actually shoot backwards, but the model rotates backwards. The guns angles are still limited.

Edit: fixed mounted gun bug.

Last edited by Silvers; 04-06-2020 at 00:19.
Alex101192
Old 04-06-2020 , 01:48   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Thirdperson (1.4) [01-Apr-2020]
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
That's not the problem, it doesn't matter if gamemode is not set there will be a default one on start. It's creating an entity to determine the gamemode exactly instead of comparing the mp_gamemodes cvar string. Tog 0 will fix because its no longer creating the entity, but that error shouldn't occur in the first place. I will look into it more. Windows/Linux server?

This can easily be fixed. I just tested and the gun doesn't actually shoot backwards, but the model rotates backwards. The guns angles are still limited.

Edit: fixed mounted gun bug.
Thank you very much.
Tonblader
Old 04-09-2020 , 09:21   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Thirdperson (1.5) [06-Apr-2020]
Reply With Quote #36

when I fly off by collateral impact of the charger, the 3rd person is removed automatically after finishing being stunned
or when i use
detonation force plugin

Last edited by Tonblader; 04-09-2020 at 09:21. Reason: error
Silvers
Old 04-09-2020 , 10:10   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Thirdperson (1.5) [06-Apr-2020]
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonblader View Post
when I fly off by collateral impact of the charger, the 3rd person is removed automatically after finishing being stunned
or when i use
detonation force plugin
The only way to fix would be detouring some function to detect the fling event or running a timer to constantly check if the variable was reset. Neither of which I want to do. So this won't be fixed, at least for now.

Edit: maybe a memory patch can fix this, might have found a possible solution.

Last edited by Silvers; 04-10-2020 at 17:56.
zTim
BANNED
Old 04-22-2020 , 21:46   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Thirdperson (1.5) [06-Apr-2020]
Reply With Quote #38

Maybe add toggle view for crosshair, precision crosshair and thirdperson view for infected. Personal request would be adding a !vote3p to switch everyone to thirdperson view including infected team and stay like that for the rest of map

Here's an example of old plugin that had infected view as well but that no longer works
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1193112
Silvers
Old 04-22-2020 , 21:56   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Thirdperson (1.5) [06-Apr-2020]
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by zTim View Post
Maybe add toggle view for crosshair, precision crosshair and thirdperson view for infected. Personal request would be adding a !vote3p to switch everyone to thirdperson view including infected team and stay like that for the rest of map

Here's an example of old plugin that had infected view as well but that no longer works
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1193112
This is not possible, why do you think that plugin was unapproved? Because Valve blocked executing client commands, in this case changing players crosshair or changing their view when executed from the server. Also that's why this plugin is called "Survivor Thirdperson" and not just "Thirdperson" becase most special infected view cannot be changed with the same or any other method (except faking the client view by creating an external camera, then you have to run constant trace rays to make sure that entity isn't behind a visible wall and suffers from lag etc), so no not an option that's possible and not something I will do.
Old 04-23-2020 , 20:46   Re: [L4D2] Survivor Thirdperson (1.5) [06-Apr-2020]
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
This is not possible, why do you think that plugin was unapproved? Because Valve blocked executing client commands, in this case changing players crosshair or changing their view when executed from the server. Also that's why this plugin is called "Survivor Thirdperson" and not just "Thirdperson" becase most special infected view cannot be changed with the same or any other method (except faking the client view by creating an external camera, then you have to run constant trace rays to make sure that entity isn't behind a visible wall and suffers from lag etc), so no not an option that's possible and not something I will do.
Adding binds similar to the above plugin for crosshair height or thirdperson camera distance would help making crosshair accurate as well. If that's possible