Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Top Flags [08/09/2021]

Post New Thread Reply   

Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 10-05-2018 , 17:50   Re: Top Flags [05/10/2018]
Reply With Quote #41

I would put in a requirement somewhere in your plugin description that the server must run maps that never change, or will have maps that run for over 24 hours each.

Last edited by Bugsy; 10-05-2018 at 17:51.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2018 , 17:55   Re: Top Flags [05/10/2018]
Reply With Quote #42

Since many people will probably fail to read that the plugin requires 1.9, you can put this in the code:

PHP Code:
#if AMXX_VERSION_NUM < 1.9
    #error "This plugin requires AMXX 1.9"
#endif 
This will probably prevent people from complaining about undefined symbol errors.
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2018 , 18:06   Re: Top Flags [05/10/2018]
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
I would put in a requirement somewhere in your plugin description that the server must run maps that never change, or will have maps that run for over 24 hours each.
Bugsy I did not quite understand what you tried to alert me .. could you rephrase your sentence?

Edit:

I understood what you wanted to tell me, I will adjust the sma so it can work freely on any server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Please stop trying to help. You appear to just be posting random stuff. Wait until you actually understand more about AMX Mod X and how the game works.
https://iceeedr.com.br/

Last edited by iceeedr; 10-05-2018 at 18:25.
Send a message via Skype™ to iceeedr
iceeedr
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2018 , 18:11   Re: Top Flags [05/10/2018]
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
Since many people will probably fail to read that the plugin requires 1.9, you can put this in the code:

PHP Code:
#if AMXX_VERSION_NUM < 1.9
    #error "This plugin requires AMXX 1.9"
#endif 
This will probably prevent people from complaining about undefined symbol errors.
I understand that you are right but ended up in error.

Code:
#if AMXX_VERSION_NUM < 1.9

error 008: must be a constant expression; assumed zero
Edit: The correct is:
Code:
#if AMXX_VERSION_NUM <19
    #error "This plugin requires AMXX 1.9"
#endif

Quote:
Please stop trying to help. You appear to just be posting random stuff. Wait until you actually understand more about AMX Mod X and how the game works.

Last edited by iceeedr; 10-05-2018 at 18:20.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 10-05-2018 , 18:26   Re: Top Flags [05/10/2018]
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceeedr View Post
Bugsy I did not quite understand what you tried to alert me .. could you rephrase your sentence?

Edit:

I understood what you wanted to tell me, I will adjust the sma so it can work freely on any server.
Your set_task() to reset rankings occurs 24 hours from when your server starts or map changes. If maps change every 30 minutes (or whatever) like most servers, stats will never reset.

Also make it clear in your description that your plugin resets stats, some may not be ok with that.
Old 10-05-2018 , 18:35   Re: Top Flags [05/10/2018]
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Your set_task() to reset rankings occurs 24 hours from when your server starts or map changes. If maps change every 30 minutes (or whatever) like most servers, stats will never reset.

Also make it clear in your description that your plugin resets stats, some may not be ok with that.
Putting the day to "0" there is no reset, but I will put it better in the description .. while the task you are right, do you think I should narrow down just the task for I do not know .. 10 minutes like Task_Repeat, or do you see better methods to use?

Quote:
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 10-05-2018 , 19:06   Re: Top Flags [05/10/2018]
Reply With Quote #47

You could make it store the current date in nvault(). At plugin_init(), check to see if the date is now different and if so reset stats and update the date stored in nvault(). This would allow normal map intervals and still reset stats once a day. Or, you could make the plugin record kills/deaths and handle someones rank and leave cs stats alone.

How much killing and rank changes do you expect to happen in 2 minutes? Plus the player would only keep their earned flags for 2 minutes, that's a bummer. I personally would hook DeathMsg and record kills/deaths and UpdateRanks() maybe every 10 or 30 minutes. Have you ran this plugin on a server and received good feedback from players?

PHP Code:
set_task_ex(120.0"UpdateRanks", .flags SetTask_Repeat

Last edited by Bugsy; 10-05-2018 at 20:07.
iceeedr
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2018 , 20:42   Re: Top Flags [05/10/2018]
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
You could make it store the current date in nvault(). At plugin_init(), check to see if the date is now different and if so reset stats and update the date stored in nvault(). This would allow normal map intervals and still reset stats once a day. Or, you could make the plugin record kills/deaths and handle someones rank and leave cs stats alone.

How much killing and rank changes do you expect to happen in 2 minutes? Plus the player would only keep their earned flags for 2 minutes, that's a bummer. I personally would hook DeathMsg and record kills/deaths and UpdateRanks() maybe every 10 or 30 minutes. Have you ran this plugin on a server and received good feedback from players?

PHP Code:
set_task_ex(120.0"UpdateRanks", .flags SetTask_Repeat
I appreciate all your considerations, especially regarding the use of nvault. Everything else I will need to analyze better because it would be a different concept from my initial one. As for feedback the plugin is running on 3 ~ 4 servers for a month and so far and has had quite a lot of praise as the top15 does not have as much change as you think, usually after stabilizing the top15 has few variations and even so on the part lowest of it ..

Edit: As for the 2 minutes at each check, the idea is to as soon as possible the person to receive his prize for entering the ranking, if you stayed with the flag for a short time it is your "incompetence" for not keeping the KdR.

Quote:

Last edited by iceeedr; 10-05-2018 at 20:44.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 10-05-2018 , 20:48   Re: Top Flags [05/10/2018]
Reply With Quote #49

Fair enough, these are just my opinions which I'd take with a grain of salt, I have not run a server in close to 10 years. Unless the server is really active I would think the rankings would fluctuate fairly frequently with stats resetting once daily.
Old 10-05-2018 , 20:53   Re: Top Flags [05/10/2018]
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Fair enough, these are just my opinions which I'd take with a grain of salt, I have not run a server in close to 10 years. Unless the server is really active I would think the rankings would fluctuate fairly frequently with stats resetting once daily.
Bugsy, please forgive me, but statistics are not redefined once a day, but once a month (this is if the user wants to use it). May want to shorten the checking interval though, 86400 is 24 hours which would only work if no map changes or server restarts occur during the interval.

Quote:

Last edited by Bugsy; 10-05-2018 at 21:01.