Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Need someone to fix up the mariokart map for tf2 - will pay

Post New Thread Reply   

karankhushalani
Old 04-13-2013 , 13:22   Need someone to fix up the mariokart map for tf2 - will pay
Reply With Quote #1

hello one and all, i run a batch of pretty popular tf2 servers and recently discovered the mariokart map, which i think is FREAKING PERFECT. i will be setting up 1-3 servers dedicated to it. now the problem is the mapmaker went to university and abandoned the map. i need someone to fix all the bugs in this map which causes it to crash the server and also continue adding content to this map(optional). however, the additional content is not necessary, however i certainly need someone to fix all the texture and graphical bugs in this map. i will be willing to pay obviously. name your price. heres a link to the latest beta version of the map.
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/156028

thanks and if you are interested then email me at [email protected]

Last edited by karankhushalani; 04-14-2013 at 04:45.
Mr.Silence
Old 04-13-2013 , 22:02   Re: Need someone to fix up the mariokart map for tf2 - will pay
Reply With Quote #2

Do you have express permission to edit/fix this map from the mapper him/herself? Also, do you happen to have the original .vmf file from said person to work from? I don't wish to sound rude when asking these questions, but they are rather important and do need answering.

Last edited by Mr.Silence; 04-14-2013 at 00:03.
karankhushalani
Old 04-14-2013 , 04:44   Re: Need someone to fix up the mariokart map for tf2 - will pay
Reply With Quote #3

im sorry even though i know about servers a lot, i dont know anything about mapping. however, i will acquire this info asap
karankhushalani
Old 04-14-2013 , 04:47   Re: Need someone to fix up the mariokart map for tf2 - will pay
Reply With Quote #4

ok i think we have the permission, since the creator of the map hasnt logged on to tf2banana - where he posted the map- in 2 years. so hes obviously abandoned mapping and tf2, still checking about the vmf file
karankhushalani
Old 04-14-2013 , 04:51   Re: Need someone to fix up the mariokart map for tf2 - will pay
Reply With Quote #5

ok bro, now its official, they have released their source code to the public and made it open source. here is a link to the source code release page
http://www.moddb.com/mods/mariokart-source/

if any other queries/problems contact me
Dr_Knuckles
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-14-2013 , 10:01   Re: Need someone to fix up the mariokart map for tf2 - will pay
Reply With Quote #6

The link you provided is useless. You're not even close to posting in the right place either. That being said, I will try to point you in the right direction. When a person is creating a map, the map itself is not in .bsp form. It is in .vmf form. So:

cp_dustbowl.vmf <-----being made

cp_dustbowl.bsp <-----playable

If you want a particular map edited without screwing it all up, you would need the .vmf file from the creator.
Old 04-14-2013 , 14:39   Re: Need someone to fix up the mariokart map for tf2 - will pay
Reply With Quote #7

Pretty much what Dr. Knuckles said on the .vmf file bit. The link you provided was the source code for a HL2 mod of the game Mariokart.

Also, the author posted the map 2 years ago, but he uses GameBanana regularly and has various ways to contact him such as his email or steam (go to his profile here: http://gamebanana.com/members/222167 and look at the contact bar on the left hand side). TF2Banana is a sub-site of GameBanana which only hosts TF2-based stuff.

Again, not trying to be rude or unreasonable, but talking to the original author is only good manners. Most times the authors are pretty chill to talk to and, unless they aren't finished with the map but just haven't had the time, they won't mind giving someone the files necessary files/materials to people that want to make a port or edit/fix their maps. They may also impart their ideas on what they planned to do with the map, but didn't have time for, which your players might love.