Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

FF2 [BOSS] Epic Scout (update v1.0.1, critical fix!)

Post New Thread Reply   

sarysa
Old 07-27-2015 , 02:42   [BOSS] Epic Scout (update v1.0.1, critical fix!)
Reply With Quote #1

CRITICAL UPDATE: Seems I screwed up the cleanup of the dodge bullets ability. Without this update it'll linger on until map change if it's used to win a round: epicscout_sourcemod_no_config.zip
People downloading Epic Scout for the first time can just download the files normally below.

Anyway...

Resources (put on your server): epicscout_resources.zip

FastDL files (put on your FastDL server): epicscout_fastdl.zip

Source Files: Attachment at the bottom of this post.

Requires Dynamic Defaults v1.3.0 which was just released today, get it here.

Abilities
Balance Overview
  • PRO He's a fast hale, always moving at Scout speed. (or faster during Dodge Bullets)
  • PRO His abilities are powerful and diverse, giving him a lot of options to handle pretty much any situation.
  • PRO His parkour can take him places even super jump struggles with, and the temporary knockback immunity makes some engie perches obsolete.
  • PRO His tiny scout body is tough to hit.
  • CON His melee damage sucks, doing only 89 per hit and no random crits.
  • CON He has only 80% of the health of a default hale.
  • CON He can't stun sentries. Plus his only good way of taking out sentries is his melee. (3 hits destroys a level 3)
  • CON His tiny scout body takes tons of knockback.

List of Abilities

ability_name: dynamic_parkour
Name: Dynamic Parkour
Description: His mobility option. Cling to walls and climb them and jump off them.

ability_name: rage_random_weapon
Cost: 100% rage
Cooldown: None
Name: Random Weapon
Description: Get one of the following weapons, an Ambassador which does 360 damage on headshot but crap damage on bodyshot, a Reserve Shooter that crits airborne targets but must be fast-switched to do so, and a Force-a-Nature that does a bit more damage than a typical scout's. The latter two weapons have increased accuracy.

ability_name: rage_steal_next_weapon
Cost: 75% rage
Cooldown: None
Name: Random Weapon
Description: Steals a class weapon from the next person to be melee'd. The user has limited time to steal the weapon, then once they do, limited time to use it. The victim temporarily loses access to their weapon. The weapons and the slot they come from are preset, i.e. an enemy scout will always give a Pistol and lose access to the Secondary slot, even if they have a Crit-a-Cola.

ability_name: rage_front_protection
Cost: 15% rage
Cooldown: 40 seconds (plus 10 second delay before it can first be used)
Name: Razorback Shield
Description: Protection from all damage from most of the front. (specifically, 90 degrees to the left and 60 degrees to the right) Epic Scout's razorback moves from his back to his left arm much like in the video. Blocked damage makes a wood sound effect, and knockback is nullified. This is useful for taking out sentries, which he can't stun, but it also has niches like Ambassador sniping.

ability_name: rage_fake_dead_ringer
Cost: 0% rage
Cooldown: 35 seconds
Name: Dead Ringer
Description: A dead ringer-like ability that any class can use. While active the user is cloaked and suffers 90% less damage. (except backstabs, which FF2 enforces to always go through) It'll also reduce goomba damage if you have the standard Goomba plugin. User can't attack until 1.5 seconds after the cloak expires, and the uncloak is very loud, like the real dead ringer. A hidden feature is if this is the active menu option, user can press E again to end the dead ringer early. I opted to do it this way because having it activated by RIGHT MOUSE would interfere with other abilities.

ability_name: rage_dodge_specific_damage
Cost: 25% rage
Cooldown: 45 seconds (plus 25 second delay before it can first be used)
Name: Dodge Bullets
Description: Slows down time to 50%. While active, all bullet damage and melee is blocked, except for backstabs. (FF2 limitation) Also speeds up the hale to the max speed, 520 HUPS. Combines well with a ranged weapon.

ability_name: rage_ams_dynamic_teleport
Cost: 0% rage
Cooldown: 90 seconds (plus 60 second delay before it can first be used and it's only usable with 5 or fewer enemies alive)
Name: Teleport
Description: Teleport to an enemy. Prefers teleporting on top of them, but if that fails, will teleport inside them. This only exists in case someone found an exploit in the skybox and is wasting time. Epic Scout is not a teleport boss, but I see this ability as insurance since I'm releasing him into the wild. Has a very short self-stun due to its cooldown and the reason it exists.

Other Abilities: Weighdown, ability_management_system which manages the abilities above except parkour, an ability that makes him uber when he takes environment damage >= 50, dynamic_speed_management which locks him at 400 (typical scout) speed normally and 520 speed during Dodge Bullets, dynamic_melee_management which ensures his very specialized weapon works on all servers, and dynamic_stop_taunt which old FF2 forks need since rage_preventtaunt causes him to stop when using any ability while at 100% rage.

Known Issues
- Backstabs will probably go at least partially through his Dodge Bullets ability. This is because FF2 has a stranglehold on backstabs and there's no way for subplugins to stop them.
- Damage still appears over the fake dead ringer.
- Miniguns and compound bows are reset to factory default (the bows are still +50% damage) due to the fact the only way to be sure they don't wig out when stolen is to replace them entirely.
- Model is always blue, because hale should always be on BLU. Plus Epic Scout has like no distinguishing characteristics, he was a BLU versus a bunch of REDs. If your hale is on RED, your server settings are bad, and should feel bad.
- I know Epic Scout killed with an Enforcer, but the Ambassador is cooler.
- Weapons don't appear at all. Blame Gun Mettle.
- Bodygroup swaps don't work. Blame Gun Mettle.
- I didn't feel like making wall climbing animations. Blame Valve for demotivating me. (and Gun Mettle)
- Model still sucks. Will gladly accept better model, maybe I'll feel like animating it then. Here are the updated sources, newer than the ones in the previous thread. Only thing that changed is I added the 2nd razorback (in the form of a second model QC to compile), added blood to the shirt, and added uber skins to weapons/wearables.

Credits
- Rages designed and coded by sarysa
- POS model by sarysa.
- Some stocks from FF2 and Friagram
- Credit to Friagram for Epic Scout's razorback body group trick. Which ultimately Valve blocked anyway. And instead I had to model swap anyway. One day I'll learn to give up on things like bodygroups.
- SHADoW helped with testing and snippets.
- Spawn Ragdoll code by bl4nk
- Mecha the Slag for the replay stuff
- Inspired by Rise of the Epic Scout by Crash Maul
- Song credits: "Rock and Awe", C&C Red Alert 3, Electronic Arts

Update History
v1.0.1
  • Fixed a bug where dodge bullets wasn't cleaned up properly at the end of the round.
  • Fixed a bug where cleanup would miss some SDKHooks when the hale loses.
Attached Files
File Type: zip epicscout_sourcemod.zip (71.1 KB, 2490 views)

Last edited by sarysa; 07-30-2015 at 16:41.
Transit Of Venus
Old 07-27-2015 , 08:14   Re: [BOSS] Epic Scout
Reply With Quote #2

Added, can't wait to test

Click on the banner to explore my servers and more
Send a message via ICQ to Transit Of Venus Send a message via Skype™ to Transit Of Venus
Maximilian_
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2015 , 11:04   Re: [BOSS] Epic Scout
Reply With Quote #3

Nice boss, but can you add support for translations? For DD too please
sarysa
Old 07-27-2015 , 16:49   Re: [BOSS] Epic Scout
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian_ View Post
Nice boss, but can you add support for translations? For DD too please
All the strings are in the boss' config file. Maybe make a copy like epicscout_ru.cfg where you store the proper Russian strings and copy translations over when there's an update?

Even though I go overboard with my bosses, I don't think they're large enough to justify translations files.

You know what, on second thought, I probably should add this for DD. DD seems to get used a lot. I'll have so translation files override any hale-specific string settings. The downside is this'd prevent any customization of DD ability strings, shrug.

Last edited by sarysa; 07-27-2015 at 18:38.
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2015 , 18:04   Re: [BOSS] Epic Scout
Reply With Quote #5

I might know a way to create a visible razorback to hold in his hand

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it

Last edited by xXDeathreusXx; 07-27-2015 at 18:04.
sarysa
Old 07-27-2015 , 18:42   Re: [BOSS] Epic Scout
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx View Post
I might know a way to create a visible razorback to hold in his hand
Right now I use model swapping for this. He should have a razorback on his arm when he's using the ability.

I tried the bodygroup method which Friagram made me hip to, which is to assign the model an "on" razorback and an "off" razorback in the scout's hat bodygroup. Then I give the scout a Valve hat to swap bodygroups, remove the Valve hat to swap them back. The theory was that even though Valve blocks the hats from appearing, the bodygroups would still change.

Unfortunately this only works for the hale viewing themself in third person and bots. When I brought in SHADoW to test, it didn't work at all. Seems Valve really has a real stick up their *AHEM*, because this used to work. The code for this hasn't been removed from rage_front_protection but I commented it out in the .CFG file, using the model swap option instead.

Incidentally, I still have lingering code for the reserve shooter and ambassador on his person. If Valve ever restores this functionality (lol) then those weapons will disappear while Epic Scout is holding one.

The updated model QC files also have the bodygroup settings I was using commented out.

Last edited by sarysa; 07-27-2015 at 20:43.
p0008874
Old 07-29-2015 , 23:51   Re: [BOSS] Epic Scout
Reply With Quote #7

i Have big problem

There the Scout Body!
sarysa
Old 07-30-2015 , 05:10   Re: [BOSS] Epic Scout
Reply With Quote #8

Ok...weird. This "invisible scout" thing some people have mentioned is clearly not going away. At least now I have some idea of what it looks like...

Anyone know what could be causing that?
Maybe I screwed up the LODs.
Old 07-30-2015 , 05:58   Re: [BOSS] Epic Scout
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarysa View Post
Ok...weird. This "invisible scout" thing some people have mentioned is clearly not going away. At least now I have some idea of what it looks like...

Anyone know what could be causing that?
Maybe I screwed up the LODs.
rage_dodge_specific_damage have problem I win use that ability
in next round The snow effect is executed
Maximilian_
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2015 , 09:32   Re: [BOSS] Epic Scout
Reply With Quote #10

My friend reported me about the same problem