Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows

Post New Thread Reply   

Prembil
Old 01-05-2018 , 15:49   Re: [v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #641

I have a problem, the updater checks for updates, and it fails because there is not web it can connect to... and then it shuts down...
Does anybody know how to disable autoupdates and need to login ?

Thanks in advance!
Bonnis
Old 01-13-2018 , 05:42   Re: [v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #642

Is there any1 out there who have the 3.5 seDirector installer?
there homepages are down, and i cant find any donwload.
Kamil445
Old 02-11-2018 , 08:03   Re: [v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #643

Here u have v3.5:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ho...CqqrnuKqjAE90A
Mike4Told
Old 03-10-2018 , 01:34   Re: [v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #644

I figured out a way to get seDirector to function without internet access. Since the domain has expired anyway, it's difficult to get it to work. But, I've compiled an installer that will basically keep you logged into seDirector.

Enjoy.

http://fastdl.ctsgaming.com/seDirector_Install.exe
Old 03-10-2018 , 12:00   Re: [v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4Told View Post
I figured out a way to get seDirector to function without internet access. Since the domain has expired anyway, it's difficult to get it to work. But, I've compiled an installer that will basically keep you logged into seDirector.

Enjoy.

http://fastdl.ctsgaming.com/seDirector_Install.exe
A good attempt, but it still says "Problem connecting to the Internet. Check your internet connection and open SeDirector again.". The only way to get it working is to open and close it over and over again till you see the main program.
Like the only difference between this installer and the original is that seDirector_UpdateCheck.exe and seDirector_Updater.exe are removed.

Last edited by StealtHack; 03-10-2018 at 12:02.
Mike4Told
Old 03-10-2018 , 12:28   Re: [v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #646

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealtHack View Post
A good attempt, but it still says "Problem connecting to the Internet. Check your internet connection and open SeDirector again.". The only way to get it working is to open and close it over and over again till you see the main program.
Like the only difference between this installer and the original is that seDirector_UpdateCheck.exe and seDirector_Updater.exe are removed.
I've tested this on several new machines. And it works flawlessly. If you're having issues, it's an isolated incident.
Old 03-10-2018 , 20:21   Re: [v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4Told View Post
I've tested this on several new machines. And it works flawlessly. If you're having issues, it's an isolated incident.
Forgive my post earlier. I tried this on a virtual machine with Windows 10 on it. At first it didn't work; same internet connection error as before. However, changing to Windows 7 in compatibility mode + running as administrator fixed it for me. Still weird why it behaves like this.

Here my installation GIF:
Spoiler

EDIT: Don't know why, but closing and opening seDirecor will result in the internet connection error once again. It's annoying, but after 2 minutes it opens normally. I'd love to hear other people's tries on it.

Last edited by StealtHack; 03-10-2018 at 20:59.
Mike4Told
Old 03-11-2018 , 18:29   Re: [v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #648

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealtHack View Post
Forgive my post earlier. I tried this on a virtual machine with Windows 10 on it. At first it didn't work; same internet connection error as before. However, changing to Windows 7 in compatibility mode + running as administrator fixed it for me. Still weird why it behaves like this.

Here my installation GIF:
Spoiler

EDIT: Don't know why, but closing and opening seDirecor will result in the internet connection error once again. It's annoying, but after 2 minutes it opens normally. I'd love to hear other people's tries on it.
I can't speak to other operating systems. However, those who run, 2003, 2008, and 2012 - it does work.
Old 03-11-2018 , 20:15   Re: [v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #649

Sorry but I tried this on both windows 10 pro and windows 2008 R2 standard and got the error as well. OK after running the compatibility troubleshooter it works .

Last edited by Blondknight; 03-11-2018 at 20:19.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 03-12-2018 , 00:38   Re: [v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #650

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/21...b719/detection in case anyone was wondering