12% 

Map Decals

Post New Thread Reply   

bman87
Old 09-29-2012 , 12:40   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
umm not sure why you just didn't edit previous post but anyway - I'm running TF2, I'm only sending 15 decals to clients and its stopping at 13 not 12. I've yet to figure it out but will try a few new decals later to see if its a decal problem but I don't believe that is the case. The post you said before you weren't having those past 12 showing up but now its 30 or 31?
I was sending about 35 decals total, including copies of the same one. There were about 12 unique decals and I was able to shuffle them around, so I initially thought it was only up to 12 different decals. But now after further testing, it looks like the uniqueness does not matter, I could spray the same decal 35 times and after saving and reloading the map I would only see the first ~30 sprays. I hope I am explaining this better
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-29-2012 , 21:38   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #452

Well I made two more decals - and same thing for me, they were added -saved and map reset and they no longer show up HOWEVER I sprayed one more of one of the previous that I've used and it showed up so there has to be a limit in the decals.cfg. But issue I have with that is the 4 of last 5 do not show up - guess which one does, yep the one right smack in the middle shows up just fine.

Got me on what this problem is.
bman87
Old 10-01-2012 , 12:17   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #453

I was told that there is a limit on temp ents. about 30 or so, like we are seeing

I switched to using Stripper and its working great. Its more manual work, but I can have more than 30 decals
rtk
Old 10-13-2012 , 18:35   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #454

This doesn't save the decals to map file and when I rejoin the map the decals don't show anymore.

Code:
[SM] Decal 1: Info1 painted on Map pl_goldrush!
[SM] Decal Position: -2240.031250, 2133.974365, -46.450164
[SM] Saving Decals to File ******************************************************************************************************************************...
[SM] Saved 1 Decal Position.
I've tried to use this for years, and never worked now I saw this reposted but still without working...
I'm willing to pay the one who can fix this plugin for me. PM if you are interested.

Last edited by rtk; 10-13-2012 at 18:35.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-14-2012 , 12:30   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtk View Post
This doesn't save the decals to map file and when I rejoin the map the decals don't show anymore.

Code:
[SM] Decal 1: Info1 painted on Map pl_goldrush!
[SM] Decal Position: -2240.031250, 2133.974365, -46.450164
[SM] Saving Decals to File ******************************************************************************************************************************...
[SM] Saved 1 Decal Position.
I've tried to use this for years, and never worked now I saw this reposted but still without working...
I'm willing to pay the one who can fix this plugin for me. PM if you are interested.
If you use the altered version of this in one of the posts - I can't remember which one it will save but the limits on how many is what needs to be addressed imo.
Kin2InuYasha
Old 10-24-2012 , 01:17   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #456

Is there a way to adjust the decal size? the screenshots in here look normal, but when I do it the decals are 12 feet tall.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-24-2012 , 10:12   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #457

In one of the files there is a variable to set the size... I forget exactly what it is, but when you create the decal, there are two files... one of them has a "zoom" type of variable - not sure on the name though.
Veteran Member
Old 10-24-2012 , 10:20   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #458

Ummm.
The decal size? I think that are setable in the mapadvertname.vmt

This:

"$decalscale" x.x
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-24-2012 , 10:58   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #459

there you go... that's the name of the variable... I knew it had something to do with "zoom" just named scale
Old 10-24-2012 , 15:05   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
If you use the altered version of this in one of the posts - I can't remember which one it will save but the limits on how many is what needs to be addressed imo.

Went through these posts quickly, I cannot find the altered version....

Works for CS:GO however the SAVE feature is not working... I have to manually add the coordinates to the map CFG file...which is annoying and time consuming.