Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[Fixed] AMXX: Kills stop registering

Soloist
Old 09-19-2004 , 00:00   [Fixed] AMXX: Kills stop registering

Well I ran Superhero for a little while on my server and it work for the first few maps, but when i switch it to de_twintower_final the server started lagging like crazy and none of the kills were registering so no one was gaining xp or kills.
Send a message via ICQ to Soloist Send a message via AIM to Soloist Send a message via MSN to Soloist Send a message via Yahoo to Soloist
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 09-19-2004 , 00:49  

moved out of bug reports....

need way more information than that to even begin to figure out what may have gone wrong
Old 09-21-2004 , 17:35  

ok so i look into the problem into more detail and i found out that once someone kills someone with there special power like knifing with wolverine, or bomberman bombs it would just stop regestiering kills. the lag issue i havent had a problem with yet so i think the beta2 fixed that. but if it comes up i will let u know more about it.
Send a message via ICQ to Soloist Send a message via AIM to Soloist Send a message via MSN to Soloist Send a message via Yahoo to Soloist
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2004 , 19:01  

Quote:
Originally Posted by {[*G.C*
} Soloist]ok so i look into the problem into more detail and i found out that once someone kills someone with there special power like knifing with wolverine, or bomberman bombs it would just stop regestiering kills. the lag issue i havent had a problem with yet so i think the beta2 fixed that. but if it comes up i will let u know more about it.
do you have any extra heroes besides the stock heroes?
Old 09-21-2004 , 19:23  

just the stock heros
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2004 , 19:36  

I see what your talking about now, it is still registering kills, they are just not showing up on the top right corner. I will see what I can do to fix it.

----

SO far in my testing it seems to be a bug in AMXModX 0.20
The same code works fine in AMXX but not in AMXX.

I am going to do some more testing and if its a bug in AMXX I will see what I can do to get it fixed ASAP

----

ooook it must be a bug in AMXX, I have little trick that will fix it though.

in the superheromod.amx find this
Code:
	//Kill the victim and block the messages
	MessageBlock(gmsgDeathMsg,BLOCK_ONCE)
	MessageBlock(gmsgScoreInfo,BLOCK_ONCE)
	user_kill(id)
right after it add

Code:
			//Make sure the messages are unblocked
			MessageBlock(gmsgDeathMsg,BLOCK_NOT)
			MessageBlock(gmsgScoreInfo,BLOCK_NOT)
and recompile the plugin. I don't see this causing any other problems, let me know if it does. I would release and updated version of the plugin but I have made some significant changes that are not ready for release yet.

----

Reported on AMXX forums
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=6123
Old 09-21-2004 , 22:11  

thank i will test that out and let you know if it works for me

EDIT: Alright so i just tried that out and it still didnt work. Now you said that it resgister the kills for you but just didnt display them, will it doesnt add any score to the board for me so I'm not sure if it is for you.
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2004 , 06:50  

look in your console.... see if it shows the kills in there. I am also blocking the scoreboard updates so if you did not modify the code correctly then it would still be blocking that as well.

You did recompile the plugin and add it to your plugins.ini or rename it, correct?
Old 09-22-2004 , 15:04  

ok well where can i get the sql version sma file so i can edit that one, cause i edited the superheromod.sma and didnt change the name and didnt change the name or anything.
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2004 , 16:21  

it is both, you have to modify the include that it uses.

look down a bit in the file and you can change the include it compiles with.

Please read the compile document that comes with the downloads, it explains all this.