Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[Fixed] Anubis Causing crash

Prowler
Old 08-29-2004 , 03:46   [Fixed] Anubis Causing crash

*EDIT* Originally was posted due to an error caused by a 3rd party hero, but if you read the last posts there is some useful information if you are getting a crash on your server.*EDIT*

2nd*EDIT* still some crashing errors, see later posts*
3rd*EDIT* fixed again *

Kamakazee bomber seems to casuse the following error when he kills someone. its not all the time thought, out of 4 kills whilst i was monitoring 2 were fine, but 2 caused this crash. Its either coincidence or a bug, im sure you would be able to tell me

L 08/28/2004 - 21:44:46: "]|SNL|[ [B]rendan<79><STEAM_0:0:*****><CT>" killed "`<80><STEAM_0:0:*****><TERRORI>" with "Kamakazee Bomber"
L 08/28/2004 - 21:44:46: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): MSG_ONE or MSG_ONE_UNRELIABLE with no target entity

15:236 og L 08/29/2004 - 15:19:01: "<OverSKilled> Snatch <T<33><STEAM_0:1:*****><TERRORI>" killed "nic<62><STEAM_0:0:*****><CT>" with "Kamakazee Bomber"
15:236 og L 08/29/2004 - 15:19:01: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): MSG_ONE or MSG_ONE_UNRELIABLE with no target entity

Thanks.
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2004 , 07:31  

Actually this would be the cause of some other badly written hero.

Since the kamikaze hero kills the player, any other hero trying to do something using the damage event if not correctly coded will get errors, whatever particular one you have is causing that.

I will give you one tip, if it loaded below the kamikaze hero in the plugins.ini, thats about all I can say.

Moving to tech support.
Never Fall Asleep
Old 08-29-2004 , 12:09  

the player that is getting hit by komakazi must have some badly written hero on. check what heroes he has and comment them out one by one to see which one is causing this error
Prowler
Old 08-30-2004 , 07:54  

We have Gohon on the server, and after numerous issues with him due to bad code could it be him causing the errors? He doesnt look at all well written, so im guessing its him doing it? even thought it only seems to happen when Kamakazee does it.

Also, it may be related, and it may not even be a Shero problem at all, but i was wondering if you could help me with this error

FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error: PF_MessageEnd_I: Refusing to send user message SayText of 205 bytes to client, user message size limit is 192 bytes

i did a google on it and the only hits i got were for Natural selection, i was wondering if this may be related to shero at all, or is it the server or something else?
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2004 , 18:13  

could be another (or the same) badly written hero
Old 08-31-2004 , 00:14  

Ok thanks, i removed Kamakazee and gohon to test it, the Error in my first post seems to have stopped, im still getting the second, so either i removed the wrong heros or its not related to SH.

We have the following Non standard heros on the server

(Been on the server awhile)
Shinobi
Medic
Psylocke
Shang Chi
Toad (X-Men)

(Recently added)
Blade
Gohon [DISABLED]
Longshot
Rom
Paintballs
Thief
Alien Grunt [Not working but still enabled]
Fartman [Not working but still enabled]
Demolition Man

In your experience, do any of these look as if they may be causing the conflict?

and although off topic, perhaps some info as to why Alien grunt and fartman arent working? (im sure these have been answered elswhere so i will look for them anyway, but help is always appreciated)

thanks alot
imported_TicoMeElmo
Old 08-31-2004 , 00:42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler
Alien Grunt [Not working but still enabled]
you need to enable monstermod for that

http://sh-server.tk 

Weirdest Conv of my life: Episode 1 | Weirdest Conv of my life: Episode 2 | Episode 3 Coming Soon, BBoY
Send a message via AIM to imported_TicoMeElmo
Prowler
Old 08-31-2004 , 03:51  

Got more info on the error, not sure if this is anything relating to SHero, it doesnt look like it, but for future reference i thought it might help if someone else asks.

[ADMIN] ERROR: Plugin cstrike/addons/adminmod/scripts/plugin_retribution.amx returned error 10 when executing command say

It says that and then proceeds to intiate the entire shutdown (saving of stats unloading of plugins etc) and then the last line it reports the same error i posted above

FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error: PF_MessageEnd_I: Refusing to send user message SayText of 208 bytes to client, user message size limit is 192 bytes

So im pretty sure the two or related, so im going to do some research into this and post any answers i find.

Thanks for all your help
Prowler
Old 08-31-2004 , 10:35  

Well i couldnt find any relation :/ However a friend of mine who plays on the server thinks he may have figured it out.

The lastest patch has a new version of anubis that sometimes "doubles" the say text out put, IE it will say Dark notice *Dead* Player: Dark notice *dead* Player: Omg i know you hax!

The first dark notice is in the team colour, the second in the old format, it doesnt happen every time, just sometimes, Im going to try and set it back to the old anubis and see if this has any effect.
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 08-31-2004 , 11:19  

hmm i can see why anibus might be causing this problem. ill look at its coding to see whats wrong.