Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[Fixed] Selecting more then 3 binded heros/Hero Menu

vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 07-31-2004 , 23:29   [Fixed] Selecting more then 3 binded heros/Hero Menu

All version / platforms

Intro:
Binded hero limit is set to 3 by default, because of this after choosing 3 bound heros the rest of the available binding heros disapper from the Hero Selection Menu(This is Normal, its supposed to do that). Hence you can't select more then 3 bound heros.

Bug:
If you select up to 3 bound heros and drop one bound hero while dead or in spectate you can continue selecting as many bound heros as you like and use them as well. So you can potentually bypass the restriction of ammount of bound heros.

(There is a cvar to change the ammout allowed to bind. I have not tested if the bug occurs when changing that limit, but I assume so.)

*Note* This is probably also why people keep asking "I added more heros but I can't choose them, why is that?". It might be because they have selected 3 binded heros and the new ones they added are of the bind type, tell them to say "/clearpowers" then check if they can see the newly added ones.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 08-01-2004 , 00:03  

I already talked to vit about this.... I just wanted an official post.

I plan to redo the menu system and show all the avliable heros for your level. If you pick a bind power hero and you already are at the limit it will tell you and not let you pick it, it will still show up on the menu.

Possibly I will make something on the menu indicating what heros are auto and what are binded like a (A) and (B) or something.....

Sound like a good plan?
Veteran Member
Old 08-01-2004 , 13:16  

I belive I found the bug, the section of code that was bewing ran to recheck all the bind after dropping a hero was being canceled if the user was dead, this was to prevent them from getting the status message in the center. I moved the alive check to only effect the status message so the binding checking would still happen.

I also figured out the magic undocumented secret to the menu system and why sometimes heros seem to vanish for no reason off the list.

-----

lets say you are lvl 10

you can pick max of 1 lvl 10 hero
max of 2 lvl 9
max of 3 lvl 8
etc....

if there are 6 lvl 10 heros avliable and you pick one the rest vanish off the list for what had seemed like no reason at all. I belive this is a good system actually it was just done done correctly.

-------

I am going to try and make it so it displays ALL the heros avliable to you all the time but it will grey out the ones you cannot pick anymore and possibly display a status message if you do try to pick them.
Veteran Member
Old 08-01-2004 , 15:42  

that would be quite helpful
Old 08-01-2004 , 22:32  

wow that would look nice

http://sh-server.tk 

Weirdest Conv of my life: Episode 1 | Weirdest Conv of my life: Episode 2 | Episode 3 Coming Soon, BBoY
Send a message via AIM to imported_TicoMeElmo
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 08-01-2004 , 22:49  

pic of new menu so far.

Right now it displays everything, and if its disabled gives you a notice when you pick it.

I am thinking about either putting a symbol for disabled items or making the numbers red. I cannot make them dimmer (grey) because HL is lame and I can't use grey in the menus.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2_rooms_m0003.jpg (72.5 KB, 379 views)
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2004 , 14:58  

Vittu and I tested my new menu and found a few other bugs which are all fixed now. Also I found out how to make disabled items greyed out, YAY!.

The new menu is soooo nice I can't wait to rls this upcoming version.
SuperHero Moderator
Old 08-06-2004 , 04:40  

You guys will really like this in the next release... I like the greyed out feature.

Jtp: just wondering if your keeping it so players can only pick 1:lvl10 2:lvl9 3:lvl8? if you are keeping that function are you adding a way to turn it off?
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
c3
Old 08-06-2004 , 16:34  

gj jtp thats tight, tbh
Send a message via AIM to c3
imported_TicoMeElmo
Old 08-07-2004 , 00:39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittu
Jtp: just wondering if your keeping it so players can only pick 1:lvl10 2:lvl9 3:lvl8? if you are keeping that function are you adding a way to turn it off?

add a function!! i have to have all my heros

http://sh-server.tk 

Weirdest Conv of my life: Episode 1 | Weirdest Conv of my life: Episode 2 | Episode 3 Coming Soon, BBoY
Send a message via AIM to imported_TicoMeElmo