Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

admin menu sorting & overrides

Post New Thread Reply   

XARIUS
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-14-2009 , 10:57   admin menu sorting & overrides
Reply With Quote #1

Need some help/advice. I've done a bit of research on sorting the admin menu and addressing override commands/flags. A plugin I'm writing adds it's own toplevel category, and numerous items within this category. Can someone please confirm the following?

1. There is no way to sort custom admin menu items without adding the entries to addons/sourcemod/configs/adminmenu_sorting.txt, or adding a "A", "B", "C" in front of each translation to obtain the order desired (which would look really funny in the menu).
  2. There is no way to implement/specify a custom command/menu item override file such as "addons/sourcemod/configs/admin_overrides.cfg".
Basically, I'm looking for a way to set the sort order, and create a list of override flags, right out of the box, instead of the end user having to add them to the previously mentioned files manually when installing the plugin.

Thanks!

X
Old 10-20-2009 , 17:07   Re: admin menu sorting & overrides
Reply With Quote #2

Bumping this because I need help on the same issue (which I thought I had solved). I was using LoadTopMenuConfig to load my plugins OWN sort file, only specifiying the categories in which I wanted to sort.

After further review, apparently it's completely resorting every category in the entire admin topmenu.

Is there a way to resort only specific categories using a seperate file?

If not, the only solution seems to be for the user to copy all of the sort info for my menu items into adminmenu_sorting.txt.

I was really hoping for an out of the box solution that wouldn't require any "editing" on the users part, unless they specifically wanted to make changes.

Any advice on other ways to accomplish this?